[LPF] The Cave of (Un)Death

Chronikoce

First Post
Vax (Lvl 1)

As Hode makes his way from the room Vax shrugs "He must have a plan, I will assist him in whatever manner I am able. You should hurry along after us and make your escape."

[sblock=ooc]
Everyone has left the room from the party. I had Vax grab hold of Aedger in the common room so he has effectively exited that scene as well.

Did anyone have anything they needed to do with their characters separetely or can we pick up RP with us arriving at Jezz's Farm the same evening (so that we set out to the cave the next Morning as suggested).
[/sblock]

Last edited:

soulnova

Explorer
Once outside the Inn, Damaris feels more confident and certainly excited of this adventure.

"Hode, remind me on buying you a drink with that song, will ya?" she gives him a thumbs up for his distraction.

[sblock] I don't have a problem with arriving to the farm directly, unless HS need us to RP the trip. ;) [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] HM (that's me) is ready to start your group off at the farm house. But if you all wish to RP as you walk then that is good too.

Maybe a little insight as to who brings what to the table when it comes to fighting zombies.[/sblock]

Chronikoce

First Post
Vax (Lvl 1)

Once outside the inn Vax can't help but roar with laughter. He claps Hode on the back firmly "Don't let the others tell you differently, that was the best show I've seen in a while!"

Vax seems quite excitable now that the group is outside of the inn and it can truly be said that their journey is begun "Shall we get started? Farmer Jezz asked us to meet him at his farm. How about we get this party underway so we can get to zombie crushing as soon as possible." To excited to stand still, Vax begins walking rapidly away, pauses suddenly and returns to the group with a rather embarrassed look upon his face. "Hey..."

As Vax began to speak farmer Jezz walks out of the tavern looking around for the adventurers he had just hired. Vax's embarrassed look vanishes rapidly as he runs over to Jezz "We were just getting ready to leave and it came to my attention that we do not actually know where you live. If you would be so kind as to show us the way then we can happily get some zombie crushing underway!"

[sblock=ooc]
I am enjoying the RP so I don't mind getting some more in before we get to the farm.
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
"Cavernous Hode will assist in zombie-slaying insofar as he is able. However, he fears he is possibly best suited for less front-line positions, as it were. Scouting, battlefield medicine, moral support..." He clears his throat. "This is not to say that Cavernous Hode and Mister Dickens are not a formidable fighting team. Masters with the pick and the fang, they are. Respectively, of course, since Cavernous Hode's teeth are not particularly sharp, and Mister Dickens lacks opposable thumbs."[sblock= Mini Stats]
CavernousHode_150.jpg
MisterDickens100.jpg

Cavernous Hode
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 20/20
CMB: +1 CMD: 13
Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Speed: 20'

Perception: +9
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Pick (+2, 1d6+1/x4), Wand of CLW
Current Conditions in Effect: None

0th level spells (DC 14): Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st level spells (DC 15): Entangle, Expeditious Excavation, Obscuring Mist

Mister Dickens
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 23/23
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 (17 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
Speed: 40', 20' Swim, 20' Climb

Perception: +5
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+5, 1d4/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]

vmaaxt

First Post
Aedger Beinn (Aasimar Cleric)

The group finds Aedger outside the tavern, standing with another person, in a nearly identical cloak: Dark grey, with a humanoid anatomy embroidered in. When they shift their weight, it is easy to see the small armored plates that have been sewn into the cloaks, covering important organs. However, whereas Aedger's cloak has red embroidery where the arteries are, his companion has blue, detailing the veins. Companions further differ in clothing as Aedger wears a simple traveler's outfit beneath his cloak, but the man he is with is covered from head to toe, not a bit of skin showing, a simple mask depicting a small smile covering his face. Further, while Aedger carries a light crossbow and a morningstar, and apparently nothing more, his partner is carrying a full backpack, with a scimitar dangling at his hip, and a trio of javelins on his back.

"Thank you Mr. Hode. Your distraction let my companion, Blue, exit unnoticed. Say, 'hi,' Blue." Blue waves his hand at the group. "How did you know that we would need a distraction though? Anyway. I suggest we be on our way. When dealing with the undead, it doesn't do well to loiter. Just because they will not die of boredom, does not mean that they are patient. I do not know how far we have to go, but if we need horses, Blue and I will be okay with just one for the two of us."

A knowing smile runs across Aedger's face as he glances at Blue, and says"I have had encounters with the undead numerous times before. If you have any questions about the efficacy or tools or tactics against them, please ask. Mr. Hode, your abilities will be quite helpful, maybe more than you think. Scouting and battlefield medicine are very important when fighting zombies. The mindless undead, such as zombies, are persistent, but quite unimaginative, and knowing where they are, and their formations, can provide insight into their nature. And healing magic is a double boon. In addition to helping cure the living, it also damages the undead.

"Unfortunately, I am quite unprepared to assist in fighting undead. While most clerics can heal at a touch, I can only cause pain, and this energy, while quite effective at damaging healthy, living beings, has a consequence of repairing the undead. I have learned some techniques that mitigate this challenge, but nevertheless, it does reduce my abilities to help.

"Mr. Hode, Mr. Vax, I would strongly encourage you each to stop by the mystic pearl, and acquire a bladed weapon. If we know that we are fighting zombies in particular, then we should meet them properly armed. As it is, the only ones amongst us who carry good weapons for fighting zombies are Ms. Damaris and Blue here. Might I suggest a greataxe, Mr. Vax? Not only is it a fine weapon for cleaving walking corpses in twain, but It would provide Ms. Damaris a rhyme to use when telling the tale, and from what I gather, that would make the process of composing a song about your, ah, glorious deeds, easier.

"Now that we've taken care of that, I must admit, I am looking forward to making a very unpleasant day for whoever made these undead. I am sick and tired of everybody being threatened by evil undead. It's always 'Skeletons killed my brother' this, and 'A wight turned my apprentice' that. Everybody always sees them as a threat, Because of evil people. And I very much want to get rid of this evil person, so please lead on, Mr. Jezz."

[sblock=ooc]I'm going to switch out Detect magic for mending on my daily spell list. Does anybody have any requests for other spells on the cleric list? I've got one CLW. And I'm ready for farm, unless there are questions for Aedger. Or Blue.[/sblock]

[SBLOCK='MiniStats']
Aedger Beinn, Aasimar Cleric (Undead Lord) 1
Init:
+2 AC: 15, t:12, ff:13
HP: 08 Perception: +9
CMB: +0 CMD: 12 Speed: 30ft.
Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +5
Resist 5: Cold, Acid, Electric
Senses: Darkvision 60ft

Current Effects: None

In Hand: Nothing

Special Powers
Channel Negative Energy 1d6, 6/day, Will DC 14 Used: 0
Death's Kiss: 1 round duration, 6/day Used: 0
Command Undead

[Sblock='Spells Prepared:']Orisons:
Light
Guidance
Mending
Level 1: (DC 14)
Cause Fear (domain)
Bless
Cure Light Wounds
Spell Like Abilities
Daylight (1/day)
[/Sblock]

Attacks:
Crossbow, Light: +2 Attack, 1d8+0, 19/x2, 80' Bolts: 30
Morningstar: +0 Attack, 1d8+0, 20/x2

[sblock='skills']Skills Total Rank CS Ability ACP Misc
Acrobatics 01 0 0 2 -1 +0
Appraise 01 0 0 1 +0
Bluff 03 0 0 3 +0
Climb -01 0 0 0 -1 +0
Craft ( ) 01 0 0 1 +0
Diplomacy 10 1 3 3 +3*
Disable Device 0 0 2 -1 +0
Disguise 03 0 0 3 +0
Escape Artist 01 0 0 2 -1 +0
Fly 01 0 0 2 -1 +0
Handle Animal 0 0 3 +0
Heal 03 0 0 3 +0
Intimidate 03 0 0 3 +0
Knowledge (Arcana) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Dngnrng) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Engnrng) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Geography) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (History) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Local) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Nature) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Nobility) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Planes) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Religion) 05 1 3 1 +0
Linguistics 0 0 3 +0
Perception 09 1 3 3 +2 (Racial)
Perform ( ) 03 0 0 3 +0
Profession ( ) 0 0 3 +0
Ride 01 0 0 2 -1 +0
Sense Motive 07 1 3 3 +0
Sleight of Hand 0 0 2 -1 +0
Spellcraft 0 0 1 +0
Stealth 01 0 0 2 -1 +0
Survival 03 0 0 3 +0
Swim -01 0 0 0 -1 +0
Use Magic Device 0 0 3 +0

* +1,Ease Of Faith, +2 Race
[/sblock]

Carrying:
Holstered:
Crossbow, Light & Bolts
Morningstar
[Sblock='Pockets']Earplugs (4x)
Chalk (3x)
Ink (1 oz. vial)
Inkpen (2x)
Paper, rice (5 sheets)
[/Sblock]
----
Blue, Skeletal Companion (Medium Undead)
Init:
+2 AC: 17, t:12, ff:15
HP: 11 Perception: +0
CMB: +2 CMD: 14 Speed: 30ft.
Fort: +0 Ref: +2 Will: +2
Immune: Cold Undead Traits
DR: 5/bludgeoning
Senses: Darkvision 60ft

Current Effects: None

In Hand: Nothing

Attacks:
Scimitar +2 (1d6+2,18-20/x2), claw –3 (1d4+1)
or 2 claws +2 (1d4+2)
or Dagger +2 (1d4+2), Range 10'
or Javelin +2 (1d6+2/×2), Range 30' Remaining: 3

Carrying:
Holstered:
Scimitar
Dagger
Javelins
[sblock='Backpack']Rope, Hemp (50ft)(x2)
Plank, Collapsable
Wandermeal (4 servings)
Chalk (6x)
[/Sblock]
180px-Aedger_Beinn.jpg
180px-1342541056597_c6a62.png

[/SBLOCK]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris rises an eyebrow as she walks with the rest. "You don't heal at touch? I never met a man of faith with that ability. It was always the other way around. What god did you favor?"

She glances at Blue with a smile "So, who do we have here? Playing the silent type, Blue?"

Everybody always sees them as a threat

"But when they are not craving for the life force and flesh of the living the are at least not of this realm and are unable to properly rest. That has to count for something."

Chronikoce

First Post
Vax (Lvl 1)

Vax is startled at the sudden appearance of Blue "Well that is one sneaky fellow there" he says at he stares at him suspiciously. "The constant silence is one thing but but that together with appearing out of nowhere and I just get a bad feeling."

He is attention is distracted from Blue at Aedger begins speaking. He looks a little downtrodden as Aedger once more points out that 'Crusher' may not come through for him this time. "I cannot simply go to the pearl. It's...complicated. People never understand but a weapon must be earned or taken. 'Crusher' here was earned by defending those I cared about from bandits. If one of these zombies carries one of these weapons you speak of I'd reluctantly set aside 'Crusher' for a short while to assure that I do my part in this adventure." As he finishes he has a resolute expression on his face, clearly he feels far to passionately about this to go purchase a new weapon.

[sblock=ooc]
Vax won't wield a weapon he hasn't earned. He will temporarily wield a weapon he has taken from a fallen foe but will always fall back to any weapons that were presented to him as a reward for valorous deeds as soon as possible.
[/sblock]

vmaaxt

First Post
Aedger Beinn (Aasimar Cleric)

I do not heal. I can sometimes heal myself, or another I touch, by making them receptive to the divine energies I channel and a select few others, but most of the time, no, I can only cause pain. My patrons are Teg-Natha and Teg-Selen. They are lovers, who champion the cause of community, inviting everyone into their flock. They welcome the outcasts and the unwanted. All they ask is that their followers do all they can to help those around them. This has lead to some awkward situations with the more... picky deities." He pulls out his holy symbol, a pair of clasped hands, one skeletal, the other appears to be human.

"Blue is pretty quiet. He's been my second ever since I joined the Illi Essen Army. We got into a fight a few years back with some undead. Unfortunately, the only cure I could could give him left him mute, and disturbingly grotesque. We did what we could to lessen the impact of his injuries, but ultimately, we had to cover him up. That's why he wears the full body coverings. Fortunately, he's been following me ever since, guarding my back, and I've been watching out for his.

"But when they are not craving for the life force and flesh of the living the are at least not of this realm and are unable to properly rest. That has to count for something."

Aedger speaks quietly, looking around him as he walks, Those without control, without purpose, maybe. But people underestimate the energy required to animate the dead. Necromancers do not work idly. If they create a moving body, they will set it to task. But necromancers are like all other people in that they are not the same. There are many, many evil necromancers, but there are those that work for good too. They reanimate the bodies of the fallen, so that they may have another chance, a new purpose. They give the dead a chance to complete a task, something that a lifeless corpse could never do. Tell me, is it better for a body to decompose, to become a meal for the scavengers, or to be a soldier in the fight against evil, to build a city, untiringly?

Returning to his normal voice, "Mr. Vax, Blue didn't appear out of nowhere. He walked out of the Dunn Wright, just behind me. That you didn't notice is a cause of some concern for me."

He listens as Vax carries on about his honorable weapon, "Yes, yes. I fully understand about the special bond a warrior forges with his weapon, and that it cannot be made through a transaction of gold. However, there will be not chance to pick up a weapon from our fallen enemies, considering they are unarmed. Well, they use their arms. Claws, really. Sort of scratchy, grabby things. Stay away from them. What if I loan you a weapon until we find one for you?"

Last edited:

soulnova

Explorer
"I certainly wouldn't like to be brought back like that. You would need to bring me back fully, or otherwise I'll be all clumsy and without charm. Ugh... What a boring and dull Damaris that would be!" she shuddered a little.

She gives a look at the symbol. "Lovers" her mouth turning into a fine line. "Alright, I guess is not anyone business who they get to love, or anything. They seem to ask sensible things. So I guess that makes them good in my books"

Damaris wont need to pass to the Mystic Pearl.

Remove ads