New Eberron Campaign. Recruiting Players.

Macbeth

First Post
Hmmmm.. If you've still got a slot open, I've been looking to get into PbP again, and this looks like a great chance. How bout this:

Race: Changeling
Class: Rogue
Name: Reg

Reg (often in his alter ego of a Human, Roger Yerkes), is a reporter. Only problem is, the facts don't sell. So, Reg does his best gathering the facts, then turns them to his own uses. Publishing under a number of aliases in a number of different papers, Reg caters to the fears and hopes of the public, finding 'proof' of dwarven inferiority to sell to a paper that caters to humans and elves, and 'proving' the reverse to a paper that circulates in the dwarf community.

Reg is the literary equivalent of the Mercenary warrior, writing whatever sells, and selling it to whoever will pay. He'll take any adventure simply to find some 'facts' that he can use to sell articles.

As for the rules side of things, Reg will be a rogue, focusing on investigative skills and social skills. Being an 'on the streets' reporter, Reg has some combat capability, but he certainly won't outshine the frontline fighters.

jasamcarl

First Post
shouit said:
I am in. Sorry I didn't post last night, I got some bad news, but I would love to try this out. Thanks. My email is

shouit at charter.net or shouit at mortality.net

For some reason, some emails dont get thru to my charter.net account, but that is my main. I will check this thread a bit later. As for my char, I will make tonight, where do people get the neat thread character sheets? Also, sorry for being a noob, but is there anything else I need to know about PBP?

Not really. Just need to be patient at times. I would prefer atleast one post a day, but its not an absolute rule. Also remember to read both my posts and those of your fellow players; it helps to avoid confusion. Other than that, just post your statblock when you can.

jasamcarl

First Post
Ok, Ashy is in. That's three. And Macbeth as well (two changelings; why you wanna confuse my pcs ;)) That makes four. I have one more space. The first person to get their little blurb up will be in. If you don't think you will actually make a commitment for the adventure atleast, please refrain and let someone else have a go at it.

To those who don't give in, the reason i chose five players is because its nearly as playable as four and gives breathing room for the inevitable dropout, so even after the fifth players is in, don't despair. :) Kain, you are already on my backup list assuming you don't get this next spot.

Last edited:

Acid_crash

First Post
Do you just want us to post the character in the RG? I ask because I don't know if you accepted my character idea or not, and if I was too late then I say darn it and I'll wait till the next one starts. :)

Ashy

First Post
jasamcarl, if you need me to run something else, just yell - I'll run anything - literally that the group needs. I'm not married to Blu or anything. ;) I've actually got a couple of other ideas as well; I'll just post the lot and you can decide which one works best in the group... :)

Macbeth

First Post
Reg is up. I think it's all good, but if you find a mistake I'd be happy to fix it. History should be up in just a bit, this afternoon at the latest.

Ashy

First Post
Here are my other ideas for characters, in the order that I would like to play them; please let me know what you think:

Name: Snow-in-Dusk
Race: Female Shifter
Class: Cleric of the Traveler (or Balinor)
Rare among her kin in more than just her albino coloration, Snow-in-Dusk, is a quiet and empathetic shifter with a love of the healing arts that nearly equals her love of nature and wide-open spaces. Many often take her somewhat demure countenance and pale, soothing coloration as a sign of weakness, however; many that have mistakenly sparked her bloody temper and fared much the worse for it.

Name: Rawhide
Race: Male Shifter
Class: Barbarian
Prone to wild fits of yowling rage and terrifying bouts of anger, Rawhide is everything that his name infers him to be. The coal black, burly and bushy shifter is more often than not semi-intelligible, but one thing cannot be denied – that he is a force of nature in battle. When his blood becomes churned by the heat of battle, there is very little – wound or word that can pull him off of his intended victims (and occasionally, his friends)!

Name: Markoss
Race: Male Dwarf
Class: Monk
The unassuming, yet undeniably powerful dwarven monk called Markoss is the sole hope for his unnamed house for survival. It is their hope in him that he will become the next Heir of Siberys and in that, help to resurrect their scattered and sundered folk back into the proud mark of dwarven nobility that they once were. Markoss walks with a heavy burden, often doubting his own abilities more than the likelihood of receiving on of the rare marks of Sibery; however, his strong and unflinching sense of duty to his people drives him ever onward.

Remove ads