• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Eberron Campaign. Recruiting Players.

Macbeth

First Post
jasamcarl said:
Btw, I would encourage all my admitted players to scan through the backgrounds of your fellow party members in order to find some common ground. Perusing the extended backgrounds just now, I see a few good justifications the party's existence. ;)
Will do. I have my game night tonight, but I'll read over em all tomorrow.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Dralon, I take it you like a challenge? You do realize with your stats, you can't use 90% of your class abilities? You need an 11 wis to cast spells, and most of the other paladin abilties depend on cha.

Ashy

First Post
jasamcarl said:
Btw, I would encourage all my admitted players to scan through the backgrounds of your fellow party members in order to find some common ground. Perusing the extended backgrounds just now, I see a few good justifications the party's existence. ;)

Am I missing something here? The only extended backgrounds I see are Reg's and Hammer's - I'll have mine up soon - most likely tomorrow. :) It promises to be a doozy. :D

jasamcarl

First Post
Ashy said:
Am I missing something here? The only extended backgrounds I see are Reg's and Hammer's - I'll have mine up soon - most likely tomorrow. :) It promises to be a doozy. :D

I was alluding to all backgrounds i could expect to see. But even the ones up now show some promise. And I think I counted three....

jasamcarl

First Post
rangerjohn said:
Dralon, I take it you like a challenge? You do realize with your stats, you can't use 90% of your class abilities? You need an 11 wis to cast spells, and most of the other paladin abilties depend on cha.

He is correct. Don't want to shift around some ability points, Dralon?

rangerjohn

Explorer
DralonXitz said:
Nah, I don't intend to use them, I just took Paladin for Roleplaying Effect, ties in good with the background.

So you took a class, noone would believe you held and you can't contradict them? Ok, but most will think you just an insane warrior.

jasamcarl

First Post
DralonXitz said:
Nah, I don't intend to use them, I just took Paladin for Roleplaying Effect, ties in good with the background.

Ah. I understand that, but form the pov of actual ingame effect, wouldn't it be just as good to just go for a fighter and maybe work towards some divine fighter prc for later?

Remove ads