• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Constables of the 14th Ward

Leif

Adventurer
Wow!

EXCELLENTTT!!

Thank you, one and all for your submissions. We are taking them under advisement. Please continue to offer up different characters if you wish! Especially you, Mr. Heard!

Oh, and I have just one more question for the class: WHERE ARE ALL THE WIZARDS HIDING?
:D

Brother Allard

First Post
Leif said:
WHERE ARE ALL THE WIZARDS HIDING?
I think I have the only one thus far - incidentally, I probably over-pitched the concept and would most likely tone down the naivete thing in actual play.

However, as another concept: I'm thinking maybe something in a skillmonkey and I'm wondering if you would consider the Bardic Knack variant Bard from PHB2.

EDIT: I might also be interested in the half-elf substitution levels from Races of Destiny.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Leif said:
Oh, and I have just one more question for the class: WHERE ARE ALL THE WIZARDS HIDING?

What the heck, I'll throw in a concept. See what you think:

Moru Sen

As Moru's mother is wont to say, Moru always had his nose into some kind of trouble. That was the problem with being a bright, curious child in the smorgasbord of stimulus that is the 10th ward. It didn't help that his immigrant parents had to spend much of the day working to scrape by a living, and so couldn't spend the time they needed to keep an eye on him.

If he wasn't pestering someone about the specifics of their race or their homeland, Moru was climbing to get a closer look at a new architectural piece, or sampling a new food, or dismantling something to see how it worked--in almost all cases, without permission. Luckily, what the boy lacked in common sense, he made up for with charm (and, failing that, quickness). His parents were sure, though, that it was only a matter of time before Moru's poking into things wound up having some more severe consequences than a comic chase through the district.

They were both surprised and relieved beyond measure, then, when the adolescent Moru's cheerful interrogation of a respected wizard [are there names of LCA professors available?] visiting a new art exibit impressed the man such that he offered Moru a scholarship to the Lauralie Conjuration Academy.

There, Moru's curiosity had a more structured outlet. Which is not to say he was a model student. As before, he never quite had enough sense to adequately temper his curiosity. He had a penchant for freeing the school's creature specimens ("I just wanted a closer look"), and the school had to take to more carefully monitoring him in his alchemical studies ("But if one drop is good, four must be better, right?"), just for example. Luckily, his innate interest in summoning live creatures lead him to exclude necromancy from his studies; the professors breathed a collective sigh of relief that Moru would never interact with the Undead samples.

It was something of a surprise when Moru chose to enter the constabulary. His professors assumed he'd attach himself to the best magical research facility around for the benefit of their resources. Moru, for all that the idea appealed, found that what he had missed most in his academy days was the interaction with people on the streets. Life as a constable gave him that back, and gave him a sense that he was also repaying the people he'd learned from by using his skills to protect them.

Eventually, Moru's inquisitive nature lead him to join the investigative Alpha Division of the Special Squad. "Iggy" is often flustered by Moru's stream-of-conscious, lack-of-discipline style (and he really hates that bloody weasel that hangs out on the boy's shoulder), but he gets along well with his fellows and the citizenry, and Iggy can't argue the results. Usually.

CG Human Conjurer 5 (barred schools: Enchantment and Necromancy)

Scotley

Hero
Brother Allard said:
I think I have the only one thus far - incidentally, I probably over-pitched the concept and would most likely tone down the naivete thing in actual play.

However, as another concept: I'm thinking maybe something in a skillmonkey and I'm wondering if you would consider the Bardic Knack variant Bard from PHB2.

EDIT: I might also be interested in the half-elf substitution levels from Races of Destiny.

Feel free to play up the naivete, just don't be surprised if we abuse you for it. :)
I remember being favorably disposed toward the Bardic Knack, but I'll have to re-read it and consult with my esteemed co-DM. We didn't put substitution levels on our list, but we really didn't talk about them either, so that's another consultation.

G

Guest 11456

What are the game details about Barcarus and Meda that would be pertenant to a cleric of the specific faiths?

Leif

Adventurer
Tailspinner said:
What are the game details about Barcarus and Meda that would be pertenant to a cleric of the specific faiths?

There is some information on lauraliesummerhomecampaign.wikispaces.com, well, at least there is supposed to be! Ooops, we'll get that transferred over right away! Thanks for pointing that out. But, anyway, if you want us to answer your questions here, then please ask more specific questions.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Leif said:
There is some information on lauraliesummerhomecampaign.wikispaces.com, well, at least there is supposed to be! Ooops, we'll get that transferred over right away! Thanks for pointing that out. But, anyway, if you want us to answer your questions here, then please ask more specific questions.

I got you covered hommie. I just did it. The links here now go somewhere:

http://lauraliesummerhomecampaign.wikispaces.com/Religion

If that doesn't give you enough let us know. Please note that Lauralie Summerhome is home to many different religions, so don't feel obligated to pick one of ours.

jkason

First Post
Moru Sen, Human Conjurer

EDIT: Should be all done now. :)

Initial HP roll
Re-roll for 1

(Sorry, it wasn't until I rolled the first batch that I remembered IC had a way to auto-discard rolls of a certain value).

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Moru Sen
[B]Class:[/B] Conjurer 5
[B]Race:[/B] Human
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Chaotic Good
[B]Deity:[/B] None

[B]Str:[/B] 10  +0 (2p.)      [B]Level:[/B] 5        [B]XP:[/B] 10,000/15,000
[B]Dex:[/B] 14  +2 (6p.)      [B]BAB:[/B] +2         [B]HP:[/B] 23/23 (5d4+10)
[B]Con:[/B] 14  +2 (6p.)      [B]Grapple:[/B] +2     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] -
[B]Int:[/B] 17* +3 (10p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] -
[B]Wis:[/B] 10  +0 (2p.)      [B]Init:[/B] +2        [B]Spell Save:[/B] -
[B]Cha:[/B] 14  +2 (6p.)      [B]ACP:[/B] 0          [B]Spell Fail:[/B] -

* +1 to Int @ 4th level

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +0    +0    +2    +0    +1    +1   14*
[B]Touch:[/B] 13              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 12

* AC 18 with Mage Armor

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      1    +2    +0   +3
[B]Ref:[/B]                       1    +2    +2*  +5
[B]Will:[/B]                      4    +0    +0   +4

* Weasel Familiar (within 1 mile)

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage*    Critical[/B]
MW DW trunch..............+3.....1d4+1.........x2
MW DW trunch, thrown......+5.....1d4+1.........x2, range 10 ft.
Dagger +1.................+3.....1d4+1.........19-20/x2
Dagger +1, thrown.........+5.....1d4+1.........19-20/x2, range 10 ft.
MW Light Crossbow.........+5.....1d8...........19-20/x2, range 80 ft.

[B]Languages:[/B] 
Common
Elven     (Int bonus)
Dwarven   (Int bonus)
Draconic  (Int bonus)

[B]Abilities:[/B]

--Human--

* Bonus feat 1st level
* Extra skill points (+4 1st level, +1 thereafter)
* Any Bonus languages available
* Any favored class

--Conjurer--

* Weapons: truncheon (campaign bonus), club, dagger, 
                heavy & light crossbow, quarterstaff
* Prepared Arcane Spells per day: 
            cantrips:  4+1 (DC 13)
            1st level: 3+1 (DC 14)
            2nd level: 2+1 (DC 15)
            3rd level: 1+1 (DC 16)
* Spellbook
* Conjuration Specialization
        +1 [Conjuration] spell per spell level / day
        Prohibited: Enchantment, Necromancy
        +2 bonus to Spellcraft for learning Conj spells        
* Summon Familiar (Retbi, weasel)
	+2 bonus to Reflex Saves
        Alertness within arm's reach
        Empathic link
        Share spells
        Deliver touch spells
        Speak with master
* Bonus feats

[B]Feats:[/B] Alertness (Familiar bonus - arm's reach only)
Scribe Scroll (Bonus Wizard 1st)
Collegiate Wizard (1st level)
Spell Focus (Conjuration) (Bonus Human)
Augment Summoning (3rd level)
Sudden Still (Bonus Wizard 5th)

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 48       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 8/4
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]

--Class--
Concentration..............8....+2..........+10
Decipher Script............8....+3..........+11
Know:
   Arcana..................8....+3....+2**..+13
   Dungeoneering...........6....+3..........+9
   Nature..................4....+3..........+7
   Planes..................6....+3..........+9
Spellcraft.................8....+3....+2*...+13 (+15 to learn Conj)

--Cross Class--
Spot.......................0....+0..........+0 (+2 w/ familiar)
Listen.....................0....+0..........+0 (+2 w/ familiar)
Survival...................0....+0..........+0 (+2 underground / other planes)

*  +2 Know: Arcana synergy
** Collegiate Wizard Feat

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
'Health Plan'..........1000gp
Familiar summoning.100gp

--Clothing (based on situation)--

Uniform...................--
Explorer's Outfit........10gp
Scholar's Outfit..........5gp

--Worn / Carried--
MW Darkwood truncheon......--....1lb
Ring Prot +1............200pp....0
Amulet Nat. Armr +1.....200pp....0
MW L. crossbow..........335gp....4lb
Bolts (10)................1gp....1lb
Dagger +1..............2302gp....1lb
Signal whistle............8sp....0
Spell pouch...............5gp....2lb
Backpack..................2gp....5lb

--In Backpack--
Potion CLW..............750gp....0
Spellbook..................--....3lb
Caltrops..................1gp....2lb
Flint and steel...........1gp....0
Ink.......................8gp....0
Inkpen....................1sp....0
Manacle Lock (amazing)..150gp....1lb
Manacles.................15gp....2lb
Parchment x5..............1gp....0
Waterskin.................1gp....4lb
Antitoxin................50gp....0	
Sunrod x2.................4gp....2lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]28lbs      [B]Money:[/B] 10pp 158gp 1sp 

Monthly Costs: Middle Middle Class (25gp), Health Plan (5gp)
Montly Income: 50gp (Special Squad salary)

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]                33    66   100   200   500

[B]Age:[/B] 20
[B]Height:[/B] 5'10"
[B]Weight:[/B] 180lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Brown
[B]Hair:[/B] Black
[B]Skin:[/B] Tan

[sblock=Collegiate Wizard]Complete Arcane, pg. 181
Prereq: Wizard 1st, Int 13, 1st level only
Benefits:
* +2 bonus on Know (arcana) checks
* As a 1st level Wizard, you gain 6 1st level spells (instead of 3)
* At each level after 1st, you gain 4 new spells (instead of 2)[/sblock]
[sblock=Sudden Still]Complete Arcane, pg. 83
Benefits: Once per day, you may apply Still Spell to a spell you cast without increasing the spell's level [/sblock]

[sblock=Spell Book]Collegiate Wizard:6 1st level spells at 1st, +4 spells each level after

Cantrips: All (excluding Necromancy and Enchantment)
1st level: Shield, Grease, Mage Armor, Summon Monster 1, Comprehend languages, Identify, Magic Missle, Feather Fall, Color Spray, Detect Secret Doors
2nd level: Summon Monster 2, Web, See Invisibility, Invisibility, Protection from Arrows, Resist Energy, Glitterdust, Knock
3rd level: Stinking Cloud, Fireball, Summon Monster 3, Lightning Bolt[/sblock]

[sblock=Spells Prepared] (S) = Extra spell for magic specialization
Spell Focus (Conjuration): +1 DC on conjuration
Augment Summoning: summoned creatures +4 str/con

Cantrips (4+1 DC 13/14): Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Flare, Message, Acid Splash(S)
1st level (3+1 DC 14/15): Shield, Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Grease(S)
2nd level (2+1 DC 15/16): Invisibility, Summon Monster 2, Web(S)
3rd level (1+1 DC 16/17): Fireball, Stinking Cloud(S)[/sblock]

[sblock=Appearance]Moru is lean, his features angled and well-defined. He doesn't spend much time tending to his appearance, however, distracted as he often is by the latest object of his curiosity. His hair is often disheveled, his face usually sporting about a week's worth of stubble. His clothes, too, are always just a bit undone, as if he put them on hastily and never takes the time to fold them properly.[/sblock]
[sblock=Background]As Moru's mother is wont to say, Moru always had his nose into some kind of trouble. That was the problem with being a bright, curious child in the smorgasbord of stimulus that is the 10th ward. It didn't help that his immigrant parents had to spend much of the day working to scrape by a living, and so couldn't spend the time they needed to keep an eye on him.

If he wasn't pestering someone about the specifics of their race or their homeland, Moru was climbing to get a closer look at a new architectural piece, or sampling a new food, or dismantling something to see how it worked--in almost all cases, without permission. Luckily, what the boy lacked in common sense, he made up for with charm (and, failing that, quickness). His parents were sure, though, that it was only a matter of time before Moru's poking into things wound up having some more severe consequences than a comic chase through the district.

They were both surprised and relieved beyond measure, then, when the adolescent Moru's cheerful interrogation of a respected wizard, Haswan Berfubble, visiting a new art exibit impressed the man such that he offered Moru a scholarship to the Lauralie Conjuration Academy.

There, with Berfubble as a mentor, Moru's curiosity had a more structured outlet. Which is not to say he was a model student. As before, he never quite had enough sense to adequately temper his curiosity. He had a penchant for freeing the school's creature specimens ("I just wanted a closer look"), and the school had to take to more carefully monitoring him in his alchemical studies ("But if one drop is good, four must be better, right?"), just for example. Luckily, his innate interest in summoning live creatures lead him to exclude necromancy from his studies; the professors breathed a collective sigh of relief that Moru would never interact with the Undead samples.

It was something of a surprise when Moru chose to enter the constabulary. His professors assumed he'd attach himself to the best magical research facility around for the benefit of their resources. Moru, for all that the idea appealed, found that what he had missed most in his academy days was the interaction with people on the streets. Life as a constable gave him that back, and gave him a sense that he was also repaying the people he'd learned from by using his skills to protect them.

Eventually, Moru's inquisitive nature lead him to join the investigative Alpha Division of the Special Squad. "Iggy" is often flustered by Moru's stream-of-conscious, lack-of-discipline style (and he really hates that bloody weasel that hangs out on the boy's shoulder), but he gets along well with his fellows and the citizenry, and Iggy can't argue the results. Usually.[/sblock]

[sblock=Familiar]

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Retbi
[B]Race:[/B] Weasel (Magical Beast)
[B]Size:[/B] Tiny
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Neutral

[B]Str:[/B] 3   -4   [B]HD:[/B] 5        
[B]Dex:[/B] 15  +2   [B]BAB:[/B] +2       [B]HP:[/B] 11 (1/2 master, round down)
[B]Con:[/B] 10  +0   [B]Grapple:[/B] -10     
[B]Int:[/B] 8   -1   [B]Speed:[/B] 20' (Climb 20')      
[B]Wis:[/B] 12  +1   [B]Init:[/B] +2      
[B]Cha:[/B] 5   -3   [B]ACP:[/B] 0         

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +0    +0    +2   +2    +0     +0    14
[B]Touch:[/B] 14              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 12

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      2    +0          +2
[B]Ref:[/B]                       2    +2          +4*
[B]Will:[/B]                      4    +0          +4

* Improved Evasion: 
            save for 1/2 damage = no damage
            failed save for 1/2 damage = 1/2 damage

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Bite*.....................+4......1d3-4.........x2

* Attach ability:
        Bite hit = attach
        Auto damage while attached
        No Dex bonus to AC while attached
        Can be struck or grappled
        Pin needed to detach through grapple

[B]Abilities:[/B]

--Weasel--

* Low-light vision
* Scent
* Attach
* +4 racial bonus on Move Silently
* +8 racial bonus on Balance and Climb
* Use Dex bonus for Climb checks
* Can always take 10 on Climb checks

--Familiar--

* HD = master's character level
* HP = 1/2 master's
* BAB per master
* Saving throws as better of Master's or Familiar's animal type
* Skill ranks as better of familiar animal type or Master's
* +3 Natural armor bonus
* Int score 8
* Improved evasion
* Share spells (within 5')
* Empathic link (1 mile)
* Deliver touch spells
* Speak with master

[B]Feats:[/B] 
Agile (species feat)
Weapon Finesse (species bonus feat)

[B]Skills                   Base  Bonus   Total[/B]
--From Master--
Concentration..............8....+0..........+8
Decipher Script............8....-1..........+7
Know:
   Arcana..................8....-1..........+7
   Dungeoneering...........6....-1..........+5
   Nature..................4....-1..........+3
   Planes..................6....-1..........+5
Spellcraft.................8....-1....+2*...+9

--Racial--
Balance....................................+12
Climb......................................+10
Escape Artist...............................+4
Spot........................................+3
Hide.......................................+11 
Move Silently...............................+8

* +2 Know: Arcana synergy

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]                 7     15     22  N/A    110
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Okay gang, I'll be out of town until Sunday. I hope to check in and get a look at your characters while I'm away, but I may not get a chance to post again until Monday. I leave you in the very capable hands of my Co-DM.

Remove ads