[OOC] Constables of the 14th Ward

J. Alexander

First Post
How to please the DM's

Guys,

I have found over the years that when dealing with Scotley and Leif it is first best to give them or send them a libation so to speak, it appears to help reinforce their godlike status, in their own minds at least...History shows that Barcadi 151 and or old fashion PGA with a bottel of sprit works wonders on their mood.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Leif said:
Scotley said:
It could be a hard sell to convince Ignatious to hire a former criminal into his special squad...

EXTRAORDINARILY HARD!!!!!
My character was never actually a criminal per se, he was caught early enough so that he didn't head down that path. Besides shouldn't 9 years of working for the city be amply enough proof that he is honest and sincere!

The character concept is more about redemption than him still having criminal tendencies.

Scotley

Hero
J. Alexander said:
Guys,

I have found over the years that when dealing with Scotley and Leif it is first best to give them or send them a libation so to speak, it appears to help reinforce their godlike status, in their own minds at least...History shows that Barcadi 151 and or old fashion PGA with a bottel of sprit works wonders on their mood.

Rotel dip too, and cookies, don't forget cookies. :)

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
James Heard said:
Cops in movies are always ex-jocks. I watched Point Break. ;)

Hmm, Point Break huh? I was drawing the inspiration for this game from Fort Apache the Bronx, Assult on Precinct 13--both versions, and Terminator--there's a great police station scene in that one. :cool:

Scotley

Hero
Lord_Raven88 said:
My character was never actually a criminal per se, he was caught early enough so that he didn't head down that path. Besides shouldn't 9 years of working for the city be amply enough proof that he is honest and sincere!

The character concept is more about redemption than him still having criminal tendencies.

I have been reading some Victor Hugo lately, so there might be hope of redemption for you. :]

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Scotley said:
I have been reading some Victor Hugo lately, so there might be hope of redemption for you. :]
I gather that this more be more menacing if I was familiar with Victor Hugo's work :p

Anyway should I carry on with this concept, or try another.

Leif

Adventurer
Lord_Raven88 said:

The short answer is "no." The proposed character that you detail has numerous flaws that make it very unlikely that he would have ever been hired by any constabulary in Larualie Summerhome. Start over.

Oh, and I don't care what ANYONE says about the DMs here, I don't drink at all, and Scotley is very well-settled and enjoying his domestic bliss and fatherhood!

Maeglin

First Post
Sounds interesting indeed

If I may, I'd like to present a character concept for your approval. I too, am a fan of fantasy cities. Lankhmar, Adrilankha and Sanctuary are my favorites. This campaign sounds a lot like the Haven series of novels by Simon R. Green (and if the 2 GMs have not read these novels, you are in for a treat. The main characters are city watch investigators, too)

In any case, here goes:

Rahvin Stormcrow

Rahvin was a spy in the employ of the Arch Duchy of Lauralie Summerhome. For the last few years, he had been working undercover as a courtier in Korthagas, Capital city of a neighboring Empire of the same name.
Recently, Rahvin’s cover was blown, and he narrowly managed to avoid capture at the hands of the Imperial Guard. Through great hardship, Rahvin was able to finally cross the frontier back into the lands of Silvertree.
Understandably tired of the life of a spy, Rahvin resigned his commission and returned to his native city of Lauralie Summerhome.
Though presently managing to survive on the wages earned from his time as a spy, Rahvin does not expect those funds to last forever. Thus, he avidly seizes the opportunity to work for the city constabulary.
A quick, inquisitive mind, and the skills of someone who knows how to blend in and survive in the city will certainly come in handy.

Neutral good human rogue 5

Skill emphasis on Gather Information, Local Area Knowledge, Diplomacy, Disguise, Bluff, Sense Motive, as well as some Move Silently/Hide in Shadows. All the things a former spy can refocus into being an investigator.

Well, sound interesting? I can have the stats ready to go by Friday night at the latest (I am a little busy this week, but should have enough time by then) :)

Last edited:

Remove ads