• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Psionicle, Thread II [Update! Please read and post!]

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Dalamar said:
Gnome, are you going to send the world of Psionicle to the 'Fantasy Setting Search'?
I think it would have a good chance of getting to atleast second phase.
"The world where the forces of magic, psionics and technology clash against each other"

First off - thanks for the confidence in the world. It's good to know that my players (or at least Dalamar :D) think that my world would stand a good chance in the FSS.

However, there are a few problems with that. I have already thought about trying this out, but a few things stand in the way. 1) the world uses a set of rules that isn't even completed yet for technology, that would require something the size of PsiHB alone to explain... 2) the world isn't exactly in the same ballpark of flavor as the official WotC settings - though there are a few things similar between my setting and, FR for example, there are also many great differences... 3) many things are difficult to explain, and it's hard to determine where to begin in explaining things.

If I could get around these three problems, though... hmm...

I considered doing this earlier, then decided against it. I will try it again, and I'll post it out here. You, as the group, as the players, can look at it and tell me what you think and offer your opinions, if you would like.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Part 1) is not a problem really, WotC has a pile of writers at its disposal.
Part 2) does have some difficulties, but they wanted something unique or new of the world, now didn't they?
What are the things you want to explain in part 3), I'm good at making axplanations? Of course, if they would ruin the plot, then don't tell them.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Dalamar said:
Part 1) is not a problem really, WotC has a pile of writers at its disposal.

While I would agree, I can't. The ruleset is the one that Silicon Phoenix Gaming is developing, Steamtrains & Sorcery.

Part 2) does have some difficulties, but they wanted something unique or new of the world, now didn't they?

:)

How true, how true!

What are the things you want to explain in part 3), I'm good at making axplanations? Of course, if they would ruin the plot, then don't tell them.

Nothing in here would ruin the plot. Most of it is things you already are aware of. There might be one or two things that you are not currently aware of, but you should be.

---

This is what I've got thus far. Please tell me if I missed something, or wrote up something in a confusing manner.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Updated shopping list:

Masterwork sling - 300 gp
20 Masterwork sling bullets - 140 gp
14 days small trail rations - 7 gp
Tent - 10 gp
3 vials of antitoxin - 150 gp
5 packets of scentbraker (if I can find it) - 25 gp
4 potions of Cure Light Wounds - 200 gp
Total: 832 gp

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Sorry about the delay in update. I just got a job at Subway a few days ago, and I'm getting used to the schedule.

Update will be posted either tomorrow (Wednesday) or Thursday.

Zhure

First Post
I worked at a Subway (the restaurant) as a manager for a multi-unit franchise for five years... that kinda Subway? :)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Zhure said:
Watch out for the bread knives. Very sharp and hard to see in soapy water. :)

I will. Those things look extremely nasty.

---

On another note - take a look through Asgard 6, if you haven't already. It has some nifty things in it. Like what's on page 22 - The Psychic.

Of course, I'm only saying that b/c I wrote it. :D

Remove ads