• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] WD's Against the Orcs

Walking Dad

First Post
I hope the last post isn't to much fast forward.

It is really nice to see you making plans that seem like a combination of A-Team and Rambo :lol:

This will be my first skill challenge. Be nice, please.

Padreigh

First Post
I am torn between abandoning the village and defending it.

But I think I'll go for defending the place. A cross-country forced march with children isn't going to be fun... and here we have at least some cover.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Hmmm ... well, Nerve does prefer the wild to buildings, but he knows how much easier it would be to defend people in a place with walls. If they could fight and sneak and move fast leaving would be better, I think, but they're not really any of those, so staying is probably better. We'll know where they're coming from, which area they're most likely to attack, and walls (however shoddy) can control where they go. The town is much more defensible than a hill in the middle of nowhere.

I vote we try to convince them to stay in the village.

Just to clarify, this is an entirely out of character vote, right? What I mean is that our characters aren't making the vote, we are. So whichever way the vote goes our characters are more or less united in that decision?

Walking Dad

First Post
So whichever way the vote goes our characters are more or less united in that decision?
It seems to have to be this way. The skill challenge rules just assume all characters work for a common goal...

On the bright side, we have two votes for the same action until now.

Padreigh

First Post
Yeah, this is OOC. Argivion would also prefer the wilds (at least I'd be able to use my Nature skill there ;)) but sees the defensive benefits this place has to offer.

Although: Depending on the terrain we might shake off any pursuing orcs if we act fast and avoid the roads (and do not take any carts etc. along).

Decisions, decisions ...

Padreigh

First Post
Although we could really have an in-game discussion between the characters. Just tell Adelmar "Excuse us for five minutes" and off we go.

Niehaus

First Post
William is always a fan of the tricky way out as opposed to the most logical, while success is very important he'd rather it with style and a touch of cunning. He's more willing to go along with a plan that involves deceiving the orcs into a compromising position than anything else.

If I were to vote OOC I would vote to stay but defending on the run sounds cool too.

WD do we need to roll for initative before the skill challenge starts and what are the key skills we're using?

Padreigh

First Post
It's basically the choice between The Alamo/Zulu/Seven Samurais on the one hand or Rambo-meets-40s Style Western on the other hand. :D

Both scenarios are cool.

Remove ads