• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] WD's Against the Orcs

Niehaus

First Post
Well at least some of the villagers are still alive. I like the mud and the pit idea if we have time to shore up the defenses of the town it might save time to use the mud from the pit we dig to pack against the wall.

If there are 30 people in the village I would assume we'd have 10-15 good laborers at least to help with the ditch while the others could gather the materials needed for makeshift caltrops. But judging by the nature of their defenses it does not seem like they will be very interested in helping to shore them up.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
From the IC thread:

Argivion scoffs. "It is actually what I expected ... maybe even a little better."
He quickly scans the village. "If they have a smithy here I might have some ideas how to improve the defences. And we should get those peasants to work on the walls, maybe let them dig a trench and some pits."

You're going to armor up the van, aren't you? Please say you're going to armor up the van!

Garyh, still following along, and hoping they've shown the A-Team in Ireland so you get the joke... :)

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Those sound like good plans to me. I especially like taking all the pointy metal bits from around town and shoving them into the wall, haha. Mind you, that could just give them footholds to get over the walls easier.

Hmmm ... no stone buildings in the village, are there? It would be nice if there was something made of stone that we could fall back to should the worst happen. Also, we should get some of the villagers to finish building that "wall". As long as the lumber is available, building 30 ft. of a really sturdy fence doesn't take very long.

Also, can any of us tell which god the temple is devoted to? Probably doesn't matter, I'm just curious.

Padreigh

First Post
WD said "God of Civilisation" so it's Erathis I'd say.

If this was WoD or Shadowrun I'd also put cow dung on the pointy bits. But in 4th Ed. we are all good guys, right? ;)

The temple would be my choice for a "last stand" ... why the heck does "The Alamo" cross my mind? :)

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Right, I remember now. Erathis was what I was thinking as well. I was also thinking of using the temple as the last stand, but that's partly because I was thinking it was made of stone for some reason ;) Either the temple or the great hall would probably be the best buildings to make a stand in, though the temple would be better for the people's morale I would think. But I don't remember the Alamo :erm:

If we have time, Nerve would greatly enjoy setting up some spiked pit traps with camo over the top :devil: I think he'll be scouting around outside the town for the most part, though, acting as the advance warning ;)

Edit: Bah, I'm a smiley-holic.

Edit part 2: I like that tracking is just a part of the Perception skill now - means that Nerve is awesome at tracking :) Should help with scoutiness.

Last edited:

Niehaus

First Post
I'd be really cool if we could set up the town as a decoy designed to provoke the orcs into a trap. Hide in the woods or mud of the fields then when they attack spring a trap of some kind and ambush them from behind.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Yeah ... except that our villagers probably don't stand a chance against any of the orcs in single combat. If you meant just us springing an attack that could work, except that to surround the village we're be really spread out. That plan has potential though.

Padreigh

First Post
Well, unfortunately I don't think that the villagers would play along.
They'd have to abandon their belongings and hide in the middle of nowhere,hoping that those mercenary guys know what they are doing.

(And there is always one child which starts crying or runs back for her dolly or gets lost and wanders off right into the Orcish horde or whatever ;))

EDIT: I assumed that you meant luring the Orcs into an empty village.

Remove ads