• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Pathfinder] Scotley's Kingmaker OOC

Scotley

Hero
I have been pulled away from getting the druid to level 3 by the needs of my brother's move. I was doing electrical work there. I am now finlly upgrading to level 3.

Question one:
may I rewrite to Elementalurgist?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/cor...publishing---druid-archetypes/elementalurgist
[sblock]
Whereas some druids focus on the beasts of the world and others focus on the rejuvenating aspects of the environment the elementalurgist focuses on the very building blocks that allow for nature's grandeur: the elements. The elementalurgist is a master at calling forth both the essence and the primal forces of creation. .[/sblock]

After a careful reading, I'm going to have to say no this one. It is not from a Paizo source, and while that isn't a deal breaker alone it doesn't help. The powers provided to you aren't all that strong relative to the ones they replace, but the ally powers which you would be able to share with all your allies several times a day, enough for pretty much every fight in a normal adventuring day, are overpowered. The details are not as clear as I would like, but the implication is that everybody would be doing a lot of extra elemental damage as well as special properties. I do like the cool visuals that go along with it, but I just don't think the power level is right.

Leif

Adventurer
Wayang Bard Shadow Puppeteer -- Ebon Penumbraid

Ah, yes! It's all coming back to me now. What is the Point Buy for char gen? and do I need to know anything special? I gather we just advanced to 2nd Level, so that'll give me a little bit of 'cheese' to play with, right?

I bought his abilities with 20 points

[sblock=my character stuff]Hmmm, a Wayang Bard Shadow Puppeteer does have some appeal. It's almost a cross between a bard and an illusionist -- two of my favorites -- with the added bonuses of being able to provide more healing if needed and being a fairly decent melee combatant in a pinch.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/uncommon-races/arg-wayang/shadow-puppeteer-bard-wayang

20-point buy:
16 Cha
14 Dex +2 racial =16
13 Wis -2 racial =11
12 Int +2 racial =14
10 Str
10 Con

Final Abilities"
S 10
D 16 +3
C 10
I 14 +2 (Wayang, Common, Abyssal, Infernal)
W 11
C 16 +3

HP: 8+8 =16 (see next post for roll)

For his feat I'm torn between Weapon Finesse and that Wayang Feat that let's him hide more easily. He should probably try to stay out of combat, but that doesn't seem very likely since his player has a death wish.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ok, I think Brondelleon has been updated to my liking. Holyman had this character in the beginning and I could not find what made me happy untill now. Thank you for finding it. His sheet is here

Scotley

Hero
Ah, yes! It's all coming back to me now. What is the Point Buy for char gen? and do I need to know anything special? I gather we just advanced to 2nd Level, so that'll give me a little bit of 'cheese' to play with, right?

I bought his abilities with 20 points

[sblock=my character stuff]Hmmm, a Wayang Bard Shadow Puppeteer does have some appeal. It's almost a cross between a bard and an illusionist -- two of my favorites -- with the added bonuses of being able to provide more healing if needed and being a fairly decent melee combatant in a pinch.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/uncommon-races/arg-wayang/shadow-puppeteer-bard-wayang

20-point buy:
16 Cha
14 Dex +2 racial =16
13 Wis -2 racial =11
12 Int +2 racial =14
10 Str
10 Con

Final Abilities"
S 10
D 16 +3
C 10
I 14 +2 (Wayang, Common, Abyssal, Infernal)
W 11
C 16 +3

HP: 8+8 =16 (see next post for roll)

For his feat I'm torn between Weapon Finesse and that Wayang Feat that let's him hide more easily. He should probably try to stay out of combat, but that doesn't seem very likely since his player has a death wish.
[/sblock]

Looks like a good start.

Remove ads