TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
BOZ said:
oh no, you're absolutely right, the chicken dance is far more insidious.

at my wedding reception, i OKed my wife to play the cha-cha slide (she insisted), on the provision that there absolutely be no chicken dance, hokey pokey, or macarena. ;)
:eek: :eek: :eek:
He wrote "hokey pokey :mad:

Aargh!
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Wolv0rine said:
It's all about innoculation, I tell ya. After years working as a videographer, I'd attended enough weddings and receptions by the time I was 20 to be completely immune to the idiocy and sanity drain of the Chicken Dance. :)

Now the Macerana et al, those are just sick and wrong.
\
How about The Tennessee Wig Walk? :(

Ugh!
Gary

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Col_Pladoh said:
:eek: :eek: :eek:
He wrote "hokey pokey :mad:

Aargh!
Gary

would you beleive my sister had the macarena, hokey pokey, *and* chicken dance at her wedding? of course, the couple never did tell the DJ *not* to play those songs... so i made sure to not make the same mistake and specifically told our DJ not to play those. ;)

Col Pladoh, sir!

Forgive me if this has been asked previously. What was the original form of the demoness Zuggtmoy in your campaign? Was she as described in the printed Temple module, or other form?

And if you've seen her recently revised form (as in the ToEE computer game or on the cover of Dragon 337, as discussed in this thread) what are your thoughts on the "New Zuggtmoy" vs. "Classic Zuggtmoy"? (Not to mention the possible discontinuance of the crone form, formerly known as "Diet Zuggtmoy".)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
zuggtmoy would definitely make me go on a diet - a mushroom-free diet, that's for sure.

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
The Col. statted the stirge as he did originally, because he knew nobody would believe the stats for the Wisconsin mosquito.

In case you didn't know, California mosquitos are proof positive tofu and yogurt are inadequate to sustain life. Fleas bully California mosquitos.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Olgar Shiverstone said:
Col Pladoh, sir!

Forgive me if this has been asked previously. What was the original form of the demoness Zuggtmoy in your campaign? Was she as described in the printed Temple module, or other form?

And if you've seen her recently revised form (as in the ToEE computer game or on the cover of Dragon 337, as discussed in this thread) what are your thoughts on the "New Zuggtmoy" vs. "Classic Zuggtmoy"? (Not to mention the possible discontinuance of the crone form, formerly known as "Diet Zuggtmoy".)
No need for me to look at any other's take on the Demoness Queen of Fungi, the Zyggtmoy I created is the ONLY true exposition IMO. That is the depiction presented in the ToEE, of course, and later in MMII (IIRR).

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
BOZ said:
zuggtmoy would definitely make me go on a diet - a mushroom-free diet, that's for sure.
Hey!

The shaggy manes and puffball mushroms here are really tasty. Just finished our fourth big puffball the other night, had it with steaks.

The shaggy manes are better still, but then muct be picked and eaten in about 15 minutes time or else they begin to spoil, so we don't get those often.

Zuggtmoy was quite disturbed that we dined on some of her progeny :lol:

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
mythusmage said:
The Col. statted the stirge as he did originally, because he knew nobody would believe the stats for the Wisconsin mosquito.

In case you didn't know, California mosquitos are proof positive tofu and yogurt are inadequate to sustain life. Fleas bully California mosquitos.
:lol:

Excellent Alan!

I suspect it also has to do with the alfalfa sprouts consumed out there :mad:

Cheers,
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads