Quirky Food Habits

AIM-54

First Post
No Canucks, eh?

Kahuna Burger said:
little pastel red blood cell shaped candies that come in a clear plastic roll and have a crunchy but not jaw breaking consistency...

As I brought them up, it's time to set the record straight. The Smarties I was referring to are a British chocolate candy that resembles M&Ms, save they are slightly larger. They have a different flavor, as well. I've never seen them in the US, but they are a popular Halloween candy in Canada. As well as other times, I suppose.

Their jingle, ubiquitous on Canadian television, went, 'When you eat your Smarties, do you eat the red ones last.' It's one of those jingles that can't leave your brain.

Check here for more: http://www.nestle.com/Our_Brands/Chocolate_Confectionery/Smarties/

Kahuna Burger

First Post
John Q. Mayhem said:
I'd rather drink warm soda than iced soda. Bleah, watery soda. Bleah!
I always ask for my drinks without ice when I eat out. most places take up over half the glass with ice! If I order a glass of soda/juice, I want an actuall glassful, not a quarter glass of what I ordered and another quarter glass of half juice/half water....

Kastil

Explorer
reveal said:
gummi1.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!

Xath

Moder-gator
reveal said:
Those were some of the funniest skits on SNL. And the movie was funny too. :)

Ladies Man: Exactly how dinky is your wang?
Caller: 5 inches
Ladies Man: Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't expecting anything less than 12 inches. I really can't help you caller.

:lol:

On our first "official" day together, my boyfriend and I watched The Ladies Man and The Brady Bunch Movie over at QD and The Universe's apartment.

The "no ice" request isn't that uncommon. When I was a waitress, I got that request alot. Of course, the restaraunt specifically told us to fill up the ice to the top because the soda machine was warm. I don't understand why people ask for no ice when they get free refills.

Xath

Moder-gator
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
Some places don't have free refills.

Right, but even when I would explain the free refill policy, some people still wanted no ice "because they got more soda for their money that way."

reveal

Adventurer
Xath said:
Right, but even when I would explain the free refill policy, some people still wanted no ice "because they got more soda for their money that way."

My local movie theater has a free refill policy on the Large drinks and I still ask for very little ice because I get more soda and won't have to get up as often. But in a resturant, that's just stupid.

Remove ads