(Roll Call/Recruiting) No Man's Land OOC

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Will post something shortly.
In terms of 'Reputation', Obsidian is known amoung those on the battle field. His name and especially his Lord's name is often whispered when those are in need.

-Blood

moritheil

First Post
To recap, I have two questions for the DM in this thread, one question for the DM in char-building, and one question for anybody in char-building. :D

Jemal

Adventurer
I'm thinking Whin and Obsidian are basically the same thing from different countries - The secret weapon pulled out when needed. As such, we'd probably be rivals. What Alignment is Obsidian's Lord?

Darimaus

First Post
moritheil said:
Sounds pretty neat. I figure Ichiru would be willing to volunteer the following points: he is a spellcaster with command over nature and the elements. He has something of a reputation as a seer. He will gladly hear any information Whin is willing to volunteer in return, and may be willing to share the results of his divinations if it seems that Whin is willing to share or trade information. He will certainly entertain other agreements (i.e. a proposal for alliance, etc.) if they are proposed, since everyone is fighting for the same cause and the fate of the world is at stake.

On that note, Darimaus, is there time for Ichiru to cast Divination once before arriving? I figure it would be a normal response to watching his allies get attacked.

Also,
[sblock=DM only]Can his cohort make a simacrulum of him during the trip? And can she cast planar binding to call up a Nessian warhound to serve for 18 days when it looks like they are nearing the island? I can make the rolls if you give the OK.[/sblock]

I'll say yes to both questions. Go ahead with your plans.

Nephtys

First Post
Jemal said:
EDIT : ALso, Nephtys, Whin probably would've spent a bit of time getting to know Yashar, as they're on the same boat, and Yashar looks like a powerful being. Whin's looking for alliances and information.

Whin probably know who Yashar is, hell everyone who's from the same world probably know who Yashar is (it's not like he's kept a low prophile). He's been the most prominent feature on hundreds of battlefields for the past thirty years, always fighting where the fighting was hardest. He's unfailingly loyal to his country, as far as anyone (including himself) knows, and seems to have no personal ambitions beyond his servitude. He is a fanatic nationalist for a nation that regards his own race as filth, and he sees no contradiction in that.

He's from the same (predominantly human) kingdom as Whin, and if he recognizes Whin and believes that he is loyal he may indeed agree to cooperate with him. And yet he knows/believes that most humans are seldom loyal to anything but themselves and that whatever their words may be treachery is never far from their minds.

moritheil

First Post
Darimaus said:
I'll say yes to both questions. Go ahead with your plans.

Excellent, and thanks! I've posted them below; please let me know if this should be moved to the IC thread instead.

[sblock=DM]Divination: Was the attack on the boats specifically targeted at someone on one of the boats?
(Ichiru is asking this to try to figure out if the point was to attack the boats in general, or if the enemies were trying to take out specific people.)

Ichiru's body double stats are posted in the RG. The cost of the spell has also been deducted from his funds (he's carrying gems because they double as components.) I'll take off 1000 xp from Asobika as soon as I figure out how much XP she begins with.

The Nessian warhound has a cha of 6, no SR, and no dimensional travel ability. MCvE is being used as the diagram. As stated above, the intent is to have it serve for 18 days (caster level is 18 for this purpose.) Each day, one opposed cha check can be made; the conjuring will be done 3 days before we arrive to give extra time.

Since it has an int of 4, it doesn't seem meaningful to try to bargain with it; Asobika will try to compel service. Ichiru is on hand just in case something goes wrong.

First check: 8 + 9 = 17 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=993680
Second check: 9 + 9 = 18 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=993701
Third check: 20 + 9 = 29 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=993702

At cha 6, the warhound makes opposed rolls at -2. The remaining duration on service depends on which day service started, so please let me know. ;)
[/sblock]

Darimaus

First Post
Rino said:
lets try it again

Considering the suddeness of the attack, there is pretty much no way you would have been able to react fast enough to escape to another boat, sorry.

moritheil - it doesn't beat you on any of the opposed rolls.

Oh, and btw, I'm sorry if I miss a few questions. Theres alot of information for me to process at once. Thanks to everyone for being a good sport about it, and please keep reposting missed questions. Second times a charm ;)

Darimaus

First Post
I suppose I should add one more thing. When you post in the IC thread, I would appreciate it if you guys would try and slip an action in there or two. I have no problems with the way its going now, but making declarations to the world and then waiting around in response forces me to push you along, and I would rather you find your own path if you know what I mean.

EX: "I'm going to the Elven forest" is fine, but its much nicer if you add that your character begins walking there too.

Remove ads