Star Wars Scratch Lottery Tickets

Brother Shatterstone said:
As for an R rated movie with a toy line. Well Sin City got a toy line. ;)

Terminator 2 had a big toy line, and it was rated R. Aliens also had a toy line (a smaller one though) and it was rated R.

mojo1701

First Post
Neither is Star Wars, it has comics, novels, games, and just about anything you could give Spider-man and Batman. It also had 5 movies that where PG before one PG13 Movies.

*snip*

None to my knowledge, the current movie is rated PG13 and I believe that is a high as they have gone, in ratings not in what the director was sniffing at the time he made the film.

Not here in Canada. It's only rated PG. I love this country.

Villano

First Post
Neither is Star Wars, it has comics, novels, games, and just about anything you could give Spider-man and Batman. It also had 5 movies that where PG before one PG13 Movies.

The difference is that, for Star Wars, the things you mentioned grew from the movies. For Spider-Man and Batman, the movies grew from the comics. So, for those two, if you see some merchandise, it isn't necessarily linked to any one movie in particular.

wingsandsword said:
Terminator 2 had a big toy line, and it was rated R. Aliens also had a toy line (a smaller one though) and it was rated R.

The Star Wars controversy isn't just about toys, but marketing to pre-schoolers. Like I said, no one is arguing about action figures, but Playskool products and things like that.

fett527

First Post
Minus Mr. Vader Head ...

You mean DARTH TATER don't you?

20050113_1_bg.jpg

While this came out this year it has no direct tie to RotS.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Villano said:
The difference is that, for Star Wars, the things you mentioned grew from the movies.

Not if we are talking children.... No 5 year old is going to know that Spider-Man started from the comics and Star Wars started in movie format if they are given the chance to see everything both have to offer. ;)

Villano said:
For Spider-Man and Batman, the movies grew from the comics. So, for those two, if you see some merchandise, it isn't necessarily linked to any one movie in particular.

Everthing I've seen says Star Wars and not RotS on it when it comes to Playskool...

Villano said:
The Star Wars controversy isn't just about toys, but marketing to pre-schoolers. Like I said, no one is arguing about action figures, but Playskool products and things like that.

Everthing I've seen says Star Wars and not RotS on it when it comes to Playskool...

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Villano said:

Even though your retreating from this position Fantastic Four got a PG13 rating and it has a toy line.

Villano

First Post
Even though your retreating from this position Fantastic Four got a PG13 rating and it has a toy line.

Like I said, I was always talking about toys for the very young, and also that I feel that superheroes are kind of different than movies. Those were my positions all along. :D

And don't forget that not all movies that share a rating are exactly the same. FF and The Ring are both rated PG-13. You can probably take your 6 yr old to see FF and not worry, but if you plan on taking your kid to see The Ring, you should prepare for many nights of your child sleeping in your bed. :)

Someone once said, "One 5-year-old's fantasy adventure is another 5-year-old's nightmare machine."

Same thing is true for R Rated films. Crimson Tide isn't the same film as a horror movie filled with graphic sex and gore, even though they both are R rated.

Now, if FF features a dozen dead toddlers and many limbs hacked off, then I'd agree that it could be viewed the same way a RotS. :lol:

Speaking of severed limbs, does anyone else here think that Lucas has some kind of hand dismemberment fetish? Look at this:

Star Wars - Walrus guy in bar loses an arm.
ESB - Luke
RotJ - Vader

TPM - Droids (throughout the prequels)
AotC - Anakin
RotS -
Dooku's hands (both of them), Mace, Anakin (chopped to hell), Grieveous (at least two hands), and Grieveous' ship was call the Invisible Hand.

I guess he was saving it all up for RotS. Damn, it seems like everytime someone fires up a lightsaber, someone loses a hand (or their head in RotS). I'm surprised that half the jedi don't have mechanical hands by the time they finish their training. They're worse than Red Ryder B-B Guns. :eek:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Villano said:
Now, if FF features a dozen dead toddlers and many limbs hacked off, then I'd agree that it could be viewed the same way a RotS. :lol:

I'm sorry but IMHO you seem to have different standards… Star Wars and everything else. ;)

Remove ads