Star Wars Scratch Lottery Tickets

Villano

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
I'm sorry but IMHO you seem to have different standards… Star Wars and everything else. ;)

No, just between films that have a dozen dead toddlers and dismemberment and those that don't. :)

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
Villano said:
Speaking of severed limbs, does anyone else here think that Lucas has some kind of hand dismemberment fetish? Look at this:

Star Wars - Walrus guy in bar loses an arm.
ESB - Luke
RotJ - Vader

TPM - Droids (throughout the prequels)
AotC - Anakin
RotS -
Dooku's hands (both of them), Mace, Anakin (chopped to hell), Grieveous (at least two hands), and Grieveous' ship was call the Invisible Hand.

I guess he was saving it all up for RotS. Damn, it seems like everytime someone fires up a lightsaber, someone loses a hand (or their head in RotS). I'm surprised that half the jedi don't have mechanical hands by the time they finish their training. They're worse than Red Ryder B-B Guns. :eek:

Actually, this just makes sense for lightsaber combat. It's one of the few vaguely realistic things about Star Wars - slicing off limbs is the most logical fighting style for a light saber-type weapon, or, for that matter, the more likely monofilament-type weapon.

Villano

First Post
Oh just because its been one of those days, very slow, and I've been meaning to post this for awhile... Another PG13 movie aimed at young kids.

Enjoy:

http://www.funtocollect.com/piratebook.html

Now, I'm sure Disney will get off light cause there not hated like Lucas is but I do remember seeing lots of stuff aimed at the kids for this one...

A "junior" novelization. So, is it aimed at 13 year olds or 4 year olds? It doesn't actually say. There are Buffy junior novels, but I don't think those are written for preschoolers (preschoolers were the point of this, remember?).

And there are people who don't hate Disney? Wow, did they all die? :eek:

And if Disney did market it to preschoolers, that would be wrong, too. I already mentioned Wild, Wild West as a movie which shouldn't be marketed to kids and was. I don't see how it's singling out Lucas when I mentioned another film that did the same thing (although, admitedly, not to the same extent as Lucas...Lucas is in a different league when it comes to marketing).

Oh well, there's no real point in continuing this for me since it's gone off into the "haters defense." There can be no criticism since it all stems from hatred of Lucas. Geez, I don't like Uwe Boll's movies, but I don't hate him. :\

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Villano said:
Oh well, there's no real point in continuing this for me since it's gone off into the "haters defense." There can be no criticism since it all stems from hatred of Lucas. Geez, I don't like Uwe Boll's movies, but I don't hate him. :\

If you say so but I do see you bashing Lucas in a number of threads without mercy, plus I've seen you let other companies off the hook all the time in this thread... How can a preschooler know that Batman was created in the 30's and Spiderman in the 60's and be based upon a comic book when during their life span of 4-6 years Star Wars, Batman, Spider-Man all have had the same merchandizing?

Simple fact is they can’t... and in my opinion I see a double standard.

As for the PotC... It is an older movie now and find links on the Internet for merchandise is very limited... It’s more of what I've seen in the Disney stores. I imagine the new movie will carry a PG13 rating and we will see the tie ends that we saw with Star Wars.

Hijinks

First Post
I've seen firsthand how insidious gambling can be, and I've seen lives destroyed by it. So that's where I'm coming from.

I just don't see scratch-off tickets as that big of a deal. I think that gambling, along with any other activity that, if abused, could cause a lot of trouble for a person (such as smoking, drinking, etc), is something that parents should be discussing with their children. My parents never told me about gambling, but I've never felt that need to go blow all of my money on a big tip, or spend all night at the blackjack table, or what have you. I know some people are more addictive personalities than I am - I'm not addicted to anything, other than online gaming, really - but to be honest, I've never understood why some people will lose everything they've ever had to gamble. Bottom line is, if parents make sure their children know the dangers of gambling, then I have no problem whatsoever with scratch off tickets with Star Wars on them.

Besides, there *are* grown-up Star Wars fans, and who's to say the tickets are aimed at children, anyway? Not everything with a Star Wars logo is intended for just kids.

Never do we see Han having to hock the Falcon to pay his debts

Technically, no. But he does get frozen in carbonite for not paying Jabba back. It's made quite clear in the films that he owes Jabba money, regardless of what he owes it for (I don't know personally if it was for gambling or if it was for some smuggling he did for Jabba, or whatever - I don't need a lesson in the history between the two characters, please :)) A child isn't going to pay any attention to why Jabba had Han frozen, but a child will recognize the fact that Han owes Jabba money, and gets in trouble because of it. Ergo, it's bad to owe money :)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Hijinks said:
Besides, there *are* grown-up Star Wars fans, and who's to say the tickets are aimed at children, anyway? Not everything with a Star Wars logo is intended for just kids.

That's just what I tell my niece when she tries to play with my Padmé blow up doll... :D

I'm kidding, I'm kidding, I'm kidding... :lol:

Villano

First Post
If you say so but I do see you bashing Lucas in a number of threads without mercy,

Most people have "opinions". Haters "bash without mercy." Sorry if I thought the dialogue sucked in the prequels or that the 2 Anakins were bad actors. I guess I'll just have to live with being a hater (as will most of the members of this website, filmgoers, and critics, apparently). :cool:

And I guess you haven't noticed that you mention that people "hate" Lucas in many of those same threads. I don't see you defending Uwe Boll the same way. I'm sure he has fans who think that people unfairly "bash" him.

plus I've seen you let other companies off the hook all the time in this thread...

And I've mentioned specifically why (i.e., not all movies that carry the same rating share the same content. Crimson Tide isn't Friday the 13th even though both are "R"s). The fact that I said that some movies aren't like RotS, doesn't make it into a double standard when I mention others that are .

Hell, I even said that it would be wrong for Disney to do that (if they have). What more do you want?

The only one here who seems to be ignoring companies (the ones I've included with Lucas) is you.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Villano said:
I guess I'll just have to live with being a hater (as will most of the members of this website, filmgoers, and critics, apparently). :cool:

I think your "hate" has allowed you to misjudge the reaction of people at this website and others. :lol: (Plus I fail to see the point of what "bad dialog" has upon preschoolers...)

Villano said:
And I guess you haven't noticed that you mention that people "hate" Lucas in many of those same threads.

Yes, defending Lucas from all of those people who've had their childhood raped is a full time job anymore... :cool:

Villano said:
I don't see you defending Uwe Boll the same way. I'm sure he has fans who think that people unfairly "bash" him.

I honesty do not even know who he is other than he seems to pick up alot of Video Games to turn into movies. (none of which I've seen. At least as far as I know.)

Villano said:
And I've mentioned specifically why (i.e., not all movies that carry the same rating share the same content. Crimson Tide isn't Friday the 13th even though both are "R"s). The fact that I said that some movies aren't like RotS, doesn't make it into a double standard when I mention others that are.

I agree with Crimson Tide and Friday the 13th being different but I'm not sure what your point is here...

Villano said:
Hell, I even said that it would be wrong for Disney to do that (if they have). What more do you want?

Nothing. :)

Villano said:
The only one here who seems to be ignoring companies (the ones I've included with Lucas) is you.

I'm not sure I follow.

Remove ads