Supernatural

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I can't figure why Supernatural hasn't released a soundtrack yet. Unlike shows that don't really HAVE a reason to have a soundtrack, like Desperate Housewives, Supernatural's music is a big part of the show, and most of this stuff is pretty old and likely not too pricy to get to use.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
RigaMortus2 said:
People actually watch this show? I tried, I just could not get into it. It's like a wannabe-Buffy...
Remove the estrogen from Buffy, replace with testosterone and you have Supernatural. So yes, lots of guys watch it.

kinem

Adventurer
I started watching it because it comes on after Smallville. Now I watch Smallville because it comes on before Supernatural.

Blastin

First Post
RigaMortus2 said:
People actually watch this show? I tried, I just could not get into it. It's like a wannabe-Buffy...

I picked it up with the season one disk set. I really like this show. Yeah, everyone in it looks like a teen supermodel, but the stories are very good and the two main actors have GREAT chemistry. I mean, they pull off the brother relationship very well. The episode where they were playing the practical jokes on each other was great.
And so what if they are trying to pull off the Buffy style? That's a bad thing?

shilsen

Adventurer
kinem said:
I started watching it because it comes on after Smallville. Now I watch Smallville because it comes on before Supernatural.
Hah! Same here.

And, as Blastin mentioned, what's wrong with trying to pull off the Buffy style?

trancejeremy

Adventurer
I don't think it's very Buffy-like. More like Kolchak. While they've expanded the cast somewhat this year, Buffy is more of an ensemble, while this mostly focuses on 2 people. And didn't Buffy mostly deal with vampires and demons? Supernatural has that, but focuses on all sorts of supernatural beasties.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Blastin said:
I picked it up with the season one disk set. I really like this show. Yeah, everyone in it looks like a teen supermodel, but the stories are very good and the two main actors have GREAT chemistry. I mean, they pull off the brother relationship very well. The episode where they were playing the practical jokes on each other was great.
Yeah, I find the brothers' relationship very believable.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Supernatural is nothing like Buffy. Buffy was a live action girl power shlock cartoon whereas Supernatural is kewl horror/drama with very little overt testosterone

D.Shaffer

First Post
Tonguez said:
Supernatural is nothing like Buffy. Buffy was a live action girl power shlock cartoon whereas Supernatural is kewl horror/drama with very little overt testosterone
Eh, I liked Buffy too, so I dont mind if they do that.

It does tend to have a lot of humor involved, and that humor usually involves the interplay between the character. It's Buffyish in that aspect. But the actual nature of the humor tends to be a bit grimmer, in general, and the world the brothers inhabit is darker. That said, I could see a crossover VERY easilly.

Other things Supernatural has done very well is come up with its own mythology and STICK TO IT. This helps with the suspension of disbelief. It also (IMO) has a better selection of music then Buffy did.

Remove ads