• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SX:1 Help Wanted: Exterminators (Velmont Judging)-Completed

Bront

The man with the probe
Quoth the GM said:
The bugs seem to move erratically after GM hits them with the blast. The man reaches to his eyes and is begins to shout obscenities. GM can make out, “ my damn eyes, I can’t see!”OOC:Gun Monkey needs to make a successful grapple check to get the old man on the fly.
Gunmonkey swoops down and attempts to grab the man.

OOC: Will spend a Hero point if need be. +10 Attack, +19 Grapple

Salix

First Post
The paramedics, Pandora, and Body arrive on the scene to take the injured woman away. Wallace turns to his cameraman and says, "Lets roll, Jerry, we've got a paycheck to earn".. Gun Monkey is able to retrieve the old man, although he loses his walker. He continues to yell and scream, especially now that a large ape has picked him up. Gun Monkey hears him gasp through clenched teeth, "My heart!"

Toad and Roughneck rush past the dazzled bugshoping to get to Dr. Null. Spirit doesn't detect any civilains between the second fight and the latest batch of dazzled bugs.

As Toad rushes ahead he sees a shocking site: approximately fifty bugs between him and the walker are busy constructing replicas of themselves from parts salvaged from the cars abandoned on the bridge.

Erekose13

Explorer
Body will be the first to check on the woman's condition, if her injuries look fatal and no one is paying close attention to what he is doing yet, he will heal her enough to reduce the fatality. (Heal is a standard action for Body) "I am afraid, Pandora, that I too lack much that can affect the bug bots. Have you any more mechanical creatures in there like the snake?"

Spirit will head directly for Dr. Null. He wont be able to possess or affect any of the bugbots, but against a human opponent his abilities can be quite interesting. He will move invisibly and incorporeally until he gets to the walker. Once there he will enter the walker if possible and try to possess Dr. Null. If that is not possible, then he will try to intimidate him from outside.

Rybaer

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Body will be the first to check on the woman's condition, if her injuries look fatal and no one is paying close attention to what he is doing yet, he will heal her enough to reduce the fatality. (Heal is a standard action for Body) "I am afraid, Pandora, that I too lack much that can affect the bug bots. Have you any more mechanical creatures in there like the snake?"

"No, sorry," she says. "That guy is the only autonomous object I've been able to summon. Everything else is just, well, objects."

Hellzon

First Post
Toad, 1 HP, 2 bruises

Trouble. Now what? Me and Gun Monkey can get past, but we can't take on the tripod alone. Might just have to ferry them. Toad starts hopping back towards Roughneck (primarily, then the others), speaking in his communicator.
"Team, can you hear me? We've got Neumann machines here. They're multiplying, and there's already fifty or so of them. Does anyone have any good ideas?"

hero4hire

Explorer
Nick heard Toad over the comm. "Hey Pandora, can you make dynamite or some other kinda bombs? Somethin' I can take into the middle of them New Man Machines?" he asked over thier communicators.

Rybaer

First Post
hero4hire said:
Nick heard Toad over the comm. "Hey Pandora, can you make dynamite or some other kinda bombs? Somethin' I can take into the middle of them New Man Machines?" he asked over thier communicators.

"Wow, uh, I don't know. Never tried before. Let me see what I can do."

Pandora visualizes a stick of dynamite and reaches into her bag to see whether it will provide.

[sblock]
Not sure whether this is allowed in the rules or not. Pandora can create objects of different materials, and dynamite has a fairly simple chemical composition. She also has the Precise feat, for more detailed objects. It's a relatively clunky form of attack, but useful in certain circumstances...such as our current situation.

Given that Create Object specifically allows for the creation of objects in mid-air for area attacks by falling damage, I'd lean toward allowing it. But that's just one opinion. I'm trying to use the power creatively while holding myself in check from being abusive.
[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
Rybaer said:
"Wow, uh, I don't know. Never tried before. Let me see what I can do."

Pandora visualizes a stick of dynamite and reaches into her bag to see whether it will provide.

Nick keyed up his comm again. "Well if ya can here is my plan...I strap on a crap-load of dynamite and Toady grabs me leaps over them all dropping me in the center. Then I blow the ever lovin' <bleep> outta them! Whatcha think?"

Salix

First Post
The old man makes gurgling noises and starts to convulse in Gun Monkey's grip.

elsewhere...
Pandora reaches into the bag and pulls out an object that is the same shape and size as a stick of dynamite, but is obviously just a simple inanimate object without the complex chemicals found inside a normal stick of dynamite.

OOC-
My first impulse was to rule against this given how the book states that only simple objects can be made. Since I like to try and give the players the chance to be creative I looked in the Atomic Think Tank to see what Steve Kenson had to say on the matter. There was a similar question posed to him.
[sblock=Kenson's take on create object]
The guidelines for Create Object are in the first paragraph of the power description: "You can create any simple geometric shape or common object ... objects cannot have moving parts more complex than a hinge."

So no rayguns, spaceships, or whatnot. If you want a character able to create any Device (essentially) at will, that's a power welll beyond the capabilities of Create Object. I'd go with something along the lines of Shapeshift, giving the character 5 power points per rank to create the object(s), with normal range and sustained duration as a standard action for 7 power points per rank.

That's assuming you want to allow such a tremendously flexible power in your game at all.
[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
OOC: Sounds Like a Power Stunt to me. ;)

Using her Create Object of 24pp to Alternate Power a Explosive Blast that is One Shot and Usable By Others. Perfectly reasonable given the Descriptor IMO. But it'd Rybaer's HP :)

Last edited:

Remove ads