• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tears for Twilight Hollow OOC

Karl Green

First Post
I should have my character done tonight or tomorrow. Forgot my DMG at home so can't see prices for stuff :(

Went for a Human Ranger... question... do you have the Comp Warrior book? Just wondering about PrC and or a Feat or two... but more then likely I am just going for a 7th level Ranger

Endur

First Post
A Ranger is ok, but you'll have to go with the non-spellcasting variant from Complete Warrrior. Ilmater does not grant spells to Rangers in FR, and I want the party to be followers of Ilmater or non-religious.

Complete Warrior is ok.

I made the first post in the IC thread.

Karl Green said:
I should have my character done tonight or tomorrow. Forgot my DMG at home so can't see prices for stuff :(

Went for a Human Ranger... question... do you have the Comp Warrior book? Just wondering about PrC and or a Feat or two... but more then likely I am just going for a 7th level Ranger

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Wow? I was the first one to get my character up..? I'm like usually dead last. (my new spreadsheet I made is a big help)

Anyhow, history will be added when I sort of figure out why where all together, if where friends, and what not.

Isida, hey I even named this one surname. :proud Smile:

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
Isida, by the way, are you going to be able to put aside your prior knowledge of this module. I seem to recall you posting on another thread that you really liked this module. :)

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Also interested, as a cleric, human probably. :) Of Illmater of course.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Endur said:
Isida, by the way, are you going to be able to put aside your prior knowledge of this module.
I'm sure she'll be just fine, and if not I'll read my copy to get caught up. ;)

Endur said:
I seem to recall you posting on another thread that you really liked this module. :)
Wow, your approval, you are running it and Isida also makes me rather happy I joined this game. :)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Endur, let me know what you think of this... If it needs to change so be it. :)

Personality
As common and unassuming that List physical is his personify makes up for, quick witted and with the habit of being a bit bold and reckless. List credits his lack of serious devotion in a single deity, in favor of most of them as saving his life more than once. He has two deities that he truly looks upon, Ilmater and Sune. Sune is there for the life style and the Sunite priestesses he so adores but outside of temple life and parties Ilmater is his true calling. List is always willing to help the commoner in need, or two make life better as a whole for all.

Endur

First Post
Sure, that's fine. But, it could use more. i.e. name of List's special friend, why is List on the road instead of spending time with his special friend, where was List born, does he have any living relatives, etc.

Why is List drawn to help the poor and the downtrodden. Why does he find the Crying God to be a role model? and so on.

Also, you might want to think about why Rogue is the class List belongs to. Is he a Robin Hood character? An acrobat? A tomb raider like Indiana Jones? A thief? A jack of all trades? etc. And why focus on those particular skills out of the many skills available to the rogue class? List is very good at some rogue skills (10 ranks) and has minimal skill (0 ranks) with other rogue skills. Build that into his background.

Brother Shatterstone said:
Endur, let me know what you think of this... If it needs to change so be it. :)

Personality
As common and unassuming that List physical is his personify makes up for, quick witted and with the habit of being a bit bold and reckless. List credits his lack of serious devotion in a single deity, in favor of most of them as saving his life more than once. He has two deities that he truly looks upon, Ilmater and Sune. Sune is there for the life style and the Sunite priestesses he so adores but outside of temple life and parties Ilmater is his true calling. List is always willing to help the commoner in need, or two make life better as a whole for all.

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Endur said:
Sure, that's fine. But, it could use more. i.e. name of List's special friend, why is List on the road instead of spending time with his special friend, where was List born, does he have any living relatives, etc.

It was just the personality section of his background and not the full-blown background. Also he has no special friend, it was the purl form of priestess and he adores them as a whole and not justa single individual. ;)

You did bring up lots of good questions to ask myself though. :)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Endur - Yes, I am pretty good at putting aside IC and OOC knowledge. And I haven't read the module in months, so I'm very hazy on all the details anyway.

Anyway, I have my preliminary character up, and I will have history and whatnot up tomorrow. I had one question on equipment. I wanted Jalen to have a healer's tent. Basically it would be a large tent, like the kind used for large gatherings. I wanted to have 8 cots or so, some blankets, a folding table for healing supplies, a trunk, some bowls for water, and a few curtains, essentially the basics for a small, portable field hospital. I have around 900gp left. What would be the price for such a thing?

Remove ads