The Hero of Mergovie OCC--[FULL]

doghead

thotd
Doghead forgot to subscribe to the new thread and has been wondering where everyone has gone. Doghead is, of course, something of an idiot.

Needless to say, I don't tend to check the forum pages much.

thotd

Kangaxx

First Post
Sorry about the absence, I went on vacation for a couple weeks and forgot to mention it here. :eek: But now I am tanned and ready for more PBP. Didn't anyone else have items that needed Identifying?

doghead

thotd
Kangaxx said:
Didn't anyone else have items that needed Identifying?

Xavier has a sword and shield. It was given to him by the goblin priestess. Its magical, but I don't think its been Identified yet.

thotd

Kangaxx

First Post
Jasper will Identify them if Xavier wishes. He would probably be around when Jasper asked the party if any of them required the service.

Manzanita

First Post
DarkMaster said:
Kangaxx, my previous post actually describes what Jasper's Identify discovered. There is a powerfull masking magic on the items.

Cool. I've long thought 'identify was too powerful. Sometimes items are better when the PCs don't know all their properties.

doghead

thotd
I like a little mystery too.

Its not really an issue anyways, as Xavier will be keeping the sword and shield he has been using up til now. They were given to him by his father when Xavier joined the paladins of Heironeous and they were blessed (in a non-magical way) by the clerics of Heironeous when Xavier set forth on this mission. Xavier is not going to toss them for some bling given to him by an evil goblin priestess.

The fact that there is some form of masked enchantment on the weapons only confirmes Xavier's intention to not use them. When all this is over, Xavier intends to make an offering of the items to the temple. The clerics can do with them as they wish. For now, they will be packed away somewhere, in a secure box if there is one available.

Remove ads