Reaper S02E04 - The Favorite

Orius

Legend
The Devil introduces Sam to Morgan, his charming, rich, perfect other son. The Devil tells Sam he must teach Morgan how to have a stronger work ethic as he's grooming him to take over the "family business" so Sam reluctantly takes Morgan with him to capture the next escaped soul. Meanwhile, Sock uses Ted in his next Work Bench scheme and Ben thinks Nina is secretly disgusted by his human form.

Another great episode. I don't know why anyone thought Morgan was great because he was clearly a complete jerk. And I say his amorality is exactly why he is a failure to the Devil, because he doesn't care about the havok escaped souls cause, and feels no reason to personally stop them. Sam on the other hand, is good enough to actually stand up to the souls and try to stop them.

And the Sock and Ted B-plot was very funny. Andi's proving to be a very shrewd manager.

Over the last few episodes, I've been kind of thinking that when Sam takes on these souls, the Devil's kind of kicking back in hell, watching him and getting a good laugh out of it. He laughs when Sam fails, and laughs at the souls when Sam succeeds, because when he does, it's often humiliating for the soul.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Reaper is hitting it, fantastic show last night.

You get Morgan, the other son of Satan, a jerk but seems to have the power of charm on everyone but Sam. The devil told Sam he has a lot of kids, now he proves it, you also see why the devil likes Sam, as Sam is like the Devil in his job, just does not like it.

Then Ted is back, working for Socks!

Ben and Nina make a great couple.

D.Shaffer

First Post
Considering this is the Devil we're talking about here, you'd think Sam would be a bit more worried when the Devil started talking about combining the two. :D

Orius

Legend
You get Morgan, the other son of Satan, a jerk but seems to have the power of charm on everyone but Sam. The devil told Sam he has a lot of kids, now he proves it, you also see why the devil likes Sam, as Sam is like the Devil in his job, just does not like it.

I wonder if the fact that everyone likes him is some sort of infernal power, he projects some sort of illusion into peoples minds with that :):):):)-eating grin of his, and Sam as his half-brother is immune.

Ben and Nina make a great couple.

It was interesting that she didn't want to get involved with him because of her past with humans, and brought up the story of the Nephilim as well. That's why this show kicks ass, it's not just a bunch of dumb gags, they know and use the background very well.

I also liked the last bit. Good to know they arn't just dumping Sam's parents like it seemed at first.

That should be interesting. Can't wait till next week's episode.

Another fun moment was when Sam gave the ring back to the soul, and the soul opens his mouth for it. Weird and creepy, but funny too.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I wonder if the fact that everyone likes him is some sort of infernal power, he projects some sort of illusion into peoples minds with that :):):):)-eating grin of his, and Sam as his half-brother is immune.
which is something that they really have not shown us, in the first season they showed that Sam has some powers but nothing after that.

Orius

Legend
which is something that they really have not shown us, in the first season they showed that Sam has some powers but nothing after that.

Probably a creative issue; trying to come up with a soul, a vessel and a weird power every week was probably getting tricky. So they dumped the power, which was extraneous. Or maybe Sam actually has to want to use the powers, but he's unwilling to simply be the Devil's pawn.

Wycen

Explorer
Sounds like I missed a good one. Board game night is Tuesdays, but when I have homework due the next day I stay home and watch Reaper while trying to finish my homework.

Remove ads