[LPF] Uncertain Whereabouts

jbear

First Post
As the gnome reemerges from the inn a frazzled wooly faced old man covered from head to foot stumbles out the door behind him leaning on his staff. He turns to someone presumably following behind him but still out of eyesight:

"Were we goan hanyway?"

His bloodshot eyes, winestained lips and unsure stagger make you suspect the old man is quite drunk.

OOC: Relic reporting for duty. I was thinking a few more days would pass giving him some time to sleep and sober up. Daylilly took something at the beginning of last adventure that seemed to sober him up pretty quick so I'm hoping he can slip Relic a bit to get him back to normal. Or that at least a night passes before we get whereever we are going (I'll start reading through the thread to get familiar with what is going on, so you can just say we've been told the story as we are travelling rather than repeat it all again.)

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian takes all the talk of darkness in stride, being well used to it already. The thought of facing a rival wizard both pleases and worries him, though he shows neither emotion directly. Being back in the city, Nora has once again curled up in his backpack, too used to the sights, sounds, and smells to care.

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=after waking]Summon Teq and heal him some.[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]Arianna Mermaid ~ Perception +2, Sense Motive +2, Stealth +1, Low Light Vision
Base HP 10/0, AC 14, 12 T, 12 FF, Init +2
Current HP: 10
, Current AC: 18
CMB +0, CMD 12, Fort +1, Reflex +2, Will +4 . . Move 5'
Long Spear +0, d8 with 10' reach
Spear Gun +2, d8
Dagger +0, d4 or thrown +2, d4
Active Enhancements: mage armor
In hand: none

Consumables: 1 potion of Cure Light Wounds, 39 spear gun bolts, 4 days rations
Summon Monster I: 7/day, 0 used
.Cantrips: unlimited Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Drench, Jolt
1st Level: 2/day, 1 used Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon

Beast ~ Perception +10, Sense Motive +2, 60' Darkvision and Low Light Vision
Base HP 10/11, AC 15, 11 T, 14 FF, Init +1
Current HP: 10/11, Current AC: 15
CMB +4, CMD 15, Fort +1, Reflex +1, Will +4 . . Move 30'
Claw/Claw +4, d4+3
Longspear +4, d8+4 with 10' reach
Spear Gun +2, d8
Dagger +4, d4+1 or thrown +2, d4+3
Active Enhancements: -
In hand: none[/sblock]
After the gnome exits the inn, "Do we have time to stop at the Mystic Pearl? I could use a couple special healing potions. Your payment from the fine chest should cover the cost."

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
The gnome nods. "Yes, of course, of course, we shall restock our equipment, once the Great Hero joins us."

Systole

First Post
The door to the inn slams open, and some sort of humanoid lurches out. Between the filth and the alcohol fumes, it's difficult to make out exactly what type of humanoid it is, until it drunkenly loses its balance, half-spins around, and drops unceremoniously backward into a puddle, splashing anyone not quick enough on their feet with a wave of foul-smelling, brackish water.

The fall slows the humanoid enough for everyone to get a good look. Unbelievably, it's a short, scarred, filthy elven man. Using his giant hammer as a crutch, he works his way to his feet, still dripping liquid of a composition best left unconsidered. Even at his full height, he hardly comes up to the old man's nose.

He stares at the party, his eyes barely focusing. After a moment, he says, "I, Daylily of Clan Falshenaya, am greets yous, and at command of tiny Elder, will putting my hammer in the faces of many enemy, for them to swallow."

Waving his weapon menacingly at the empty street, he says, "So where is be the enemies?"

OOC: [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] The stuff Daylily drank last time would probably kill Relic.

Qik

First Post
"They is be coming, hero," says the gnome. "But first - supplies."

The gnome leads the group over to the Mystic Pearl, so that Arianna, and any of the others, if they so desire, can pick up some equipment. Once completed, the gnome leads the group to the Rannochio district. After a few minutes of winding their way through the narrow streets, the group arrives at what appears to be their destination: an abandoned church.

Sitting at a particularly weathered intersection, the old building seems to have long since entered a state of disrepair: most of the windows are busted out, and there seems to be evidence of a fire. Gesturing, the gnome turns to the others, saying simply, "We are here."

Satin Knights

First Post
Arianna switches to her more social mermaid form before doing her quick bit of shopping. After shopping, she returns to her battle form.

After arriving at the church, "So, do you have a physical description of this Sloh person? I would think you want to talk to him. Are we to keep him capable of talking by normal means? Do we simply drag him out here into the street, or do you have more private accommodations you want him brought to? Or are you coming in with us? ... Is that enough questions for now?" The big blue beast smiles down at the gnome.[sblock=mini-stats]Arianna Mermaid ~ Perception +2, Sense Motive +2, Stealth +1, Low Light Vision
Base HP 10/0, AC 14, 12 T, 12 FF, Init +2
Current HP: 10
, Current AC: 14
CMB +0, CMD 12, Fort +1, Reflex +2, Will +4 . . Move 5'
Long Spear +0, d8 with 10' reach
Spear Gun +2, d8
Dagger +0, d4 or thrown +2, d4
In hand: none

Consumables: 1 potion of Cure Light Wounds, 39 spear gun bolts,
. . . . . . . . . . 2 potions of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, 4 days rations
Spent: 100 gp of her 125 gp share of the fancy chest sale for the 2 LRE
Summon Monster I: 7/day, 0 used
.Cantrips: unlimited Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Drench, Jolt
1st Level: 2/day, 1 used Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon

Beast ~ Perception +10, Sense Motive +2, 60' Darkvision and Low Light Vision
Base HP 10/11, AC 15, 11 T, 14 FF, Init +1
Current HP: 10/11, Current AC: 15
CMB +4, CMD 15, Fort +1, Reflex +1, Will +4 . . Move 30'
Claw/Claw +4, d4+3
Longspear +4, d8+4 with 10' reach
Spear Gun +2, d8
Dagger +4, d4+1 or thrown +2, d4+3
In hand: none[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic stumbles into the mystic pearl and back out a few moments later stuffing a set of manacles into his backpack.

"Zey didn haff a hat."

OOC: [MENTION=6673727]Qik[/MENTION] Are we carrying on from the last adventure into this one as if it was the same day. Or has a day passed giving Relic time to relearn spells before he began "washing away" the bitter taste of his dealings with the Feador Family?

Songdragon

Explorer
Saranna greets the newcomers with a bow, "Good day to you. I am Saranna."

The halfling follows along with the others... "A most interesting place..."

[sblock=GM Question]Did we level? I was not clear on that.
Calculations to date...
717.5 xp from encounters + 41 days xp 287 = 1004.5 xp (still short of 1300 for level 2)

448.75 gp from encounters + 41 days gp 246 = 694.75 gp

Is this correct?[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
The gnome returns Arianna's smile with one of his own, even as the others can sense his preoccupation with the impending conflict. Gesturing to Phedilo Crea, who has traveled with the group mostly in silence since they left for Venza, the gnome says, "Unfortunately, our friend here was unable to get a good look at Sloh whilst being interrogation: the man seemed keen to conceal his visage. It would be good to have a conversation with him, yesyes, but I do not hold you to that if it is not 'in the cards'" - the gnome giggles. Growing serious again, he continues, "For all we know, he may not even be at home. As for where this potential conversation may take place - I will be entering the church with you, since I doubt Phedilo and his minions will be out in the open, but as in the cave, the battle itself will be yours. In any event, it is much likely he'll have concealed himself somewhere." Looking the group in the eye, he adds, "Are we ready to proceed?"

[sblock=All Kinds of OOC]jbear - I'm considering Relic and Daylily to be starting fresh, despite the real life closeness of their transition from The Mightiest Weapon to Uncertain Whereabouts. In my own head, I'm envisaging this to be unfolding on the afternoon after TMW, which certainly makes for a busy 24 hrs, but I do want you two to be starting fresh with spells, HP, etc, even if we've made a slightly awkward transition from one adventure to the next.

Songdragon - no, we haven't leveled yet. I assume you're asking b/c Daylily and Relic are a stone's throw from level 3. I've already PM'd with Systole about the matter, and he's agree to forgo leveling Daylily until after the adventure, and (not to put him on the spot) I was hoping jbear would agree to the same. This last phase is going to be short, with only a few encounters, and I opted to invite Sys and jbear to jump in since I didn't want to be stuck waiting to recruit other level 1s when we didn't have that far to go. Plus, I know from personal experience that they're reliable posters and great RPers, so I jumped at the chance to have them be the replacements when it became clear that we needed some. Hope everyone's okay with this. My apologies for not opening it up for discussion; to be perfectly honest, it just didn't cross my mind.

Also, [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] - I'm pretty sure you can auto-buy that necklace of fireball, since DT's going to add it to the Pearl's inventory from TMW. Just make sure that gets clarified.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads