D&D 4E A request: Would you be willing to take a survey on your general interaction with D&D 4e as part of a project on Human Computer Interaction?

DnD_HCI

First Post
As part of the information gathering stage of a human-computer interaction study, we are trying to gather responses to this survey: texascommunication.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0UJIJHWqasl8jMp .

The information will be used to motivate the development of an interactive PixelSense powered surface used in lieu or in addition to regular RPG paraphernalia like minitures, grids, etc.

Much thanks to any who take part, and feel free to ask any questions if they arise!

sabrinathecat

Explorer
calculating, keeping records, and referencing manuals are 3 completely different aspects. Lumping them together provides inaccurate info. If I am helping track the monsters' damage, I am calculating and keeping records for half the session.
By the same token, the answer space looks like it is inviting long comment, but actually just wants a number. Maybe another slider instead of a full text box?
A lot of the questions seem to be from some perspective completely different from the type of game sessions I play. How much time is spent in character management? That's normally something for between sessions. Otherwise, it's just a matter of healing up between fights, keeping track of surges & whether or not you have an action point, and flipping your used encounter powers back over. And some times dailies.
Hope I didn't break the system.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Can you tell us who we'd be doing the survey for? Qualtrics seems to be for online data collection according to their wikipedia page, my guess they are just hosting the survey, which is backed up by the page. Texas Communications has a variety of hits. Your ENworld page has a single post and no other information about who you represent even though the survey starts with "Hello fellow D&D players".

Thanks!

Remove ads