[LPF] Allbright's Shadow

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric glanced at Aradra and wondered, “I am surprised you had not thought to ride him before now. I had a dog when I was a wee lad and tried to ride dogs all the time. Horses were too big when I was five.”

Being strong was the brash warrior’s forte, but he was not alone in that regards. He could tell by looking where he stood. “Both Frost and Daylily are a bit stronger than I, most likely. And I have heavier gear too.”

“If you want me to carry folks still, just let me know. I am no expert on this arcane crap, so just tell me what’s best. Time’s a wasting, yeah?”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +18
AC: 31 (26 w/out shield, 28(23w/out shield) flat-footed, 14 Touch) Barkskin -> 32 now
HP: 127 Current: 123
CMB: +17 CMD: 31 (33 vs. Disarm/ 35 vs. Trip) Fort: +13 Reflex: +9 Will: +8 (+11 vs. Fear) +10 Reflex
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-4/+8Dmg), Combat Expertise (-4/+4AC), Lunge, Heroism (+2 Att/SVs/Skills), Mind-shielded, Darkvision, Barkskin, Bless

Current Weapon in Hand: Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Shield (LH), Holy Flail (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
"I was already an adult when I found Shadow, not even 6 months into the military. It was decided that he was going to be raised as a tracker, and was assigned to me to train and rear him. As such, riding never crossed my mind. Now that he is as big as he is, I am sure I could teach him how to."

Aradra shrugged and says "However, we have more important things at this point. We best be on our way."
[sblock=OOC]
I think we are waiting for SK at this point.

[/sblock]
[sblock=Aradra Stats]
Aradra Longstrider
AC: 26 (19 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 121/121
CMB: +15 CMD: 31
Fort: +10 Reflex: +15 Will: +7 + 2(IW)
Perception: +21
Initiative: +8
Current Weapon in Hand: +16 (hits Twice)/+16/+11/+6 (1d8+11)
Current Conditions in Effect: Rapid Shot/Deadly Aim/Endless Ammo (from Bow); Woodland Stride ; Evasion; Clustered Shots; Falcon's Aim (+3 Perception & 19-20 /x3);Longstrider (16 hours);

On Crit: Target makes DC 23 Fort Save. If Failed, Staggered 1d4+1; Else Staggered 1

Used Items:
19 taps CLW wand

Adaptation: 100/130 Minutes Remain (Darkvision, Iron Will, Skill Focus Stealth, Climb 15, Swim 15)

Level 1 Spells: Feather Step, Gravity Bow, Longstrider, BLANK
Level 2 Spells: Barkskin (+4), Wind Wall, BLANK
Level 3 Spells: Greater Magic Fang
Level 4 Spells:
Extend Rod: 1/3 per Day
Pearl of Power lvl 1: Casted Mage Armor on Shadow
Negate Crit: 1/1
Haste: 7/10
Fly (CL 5): 1/1
Potion of See Invisibility(Loan from Daylily): 0/1
[/sblock]

[sblock=Shadow Stats]
Shadow
AC: 24 + 4 (22 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 124/125
CMB: +16 + 1 CMD: 29 (33 vs Trip)
Fort: +12 Reflex: +10 Will: +6 (+4 vs Enchantment Charm/Compulsion)
Perception: +21
Initiative: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite (+17 / +9 1d8 + 21 + Trip) + d6 Shocking Amulet of Mighty Biting (De-activated)
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack, Furious Focus, Evasion, Share Spells; Scent, Magic Fang Greater (+2) (16 hours), Mage Armor +4 (10 hours);
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
With everything sorted and plotted out carefully, the flurry of castings begins.

Since Kalinn has the most repetitions of casting, she goes first. First Borric, then Daylily followed by Shadow and then herself all get light in the toes and able to take to the air. Shadow whimpering a bit when the ground stops pushing against his paws. He then remembers doing this before and starts looking around and sniffing for a stinky hole to jump into.

Elenka enhances her companion, giving him flight for the first time in his life. She adds a bit of mystic expertise as well to the enchantment so he won't be bouncing off the walls.

"Okay old man, straddle my tail and hang on." Arianna tells the old priest. Kutholiam does so and Arianna leans forward a bit and lifts of the ground gently to let him get used to riding a lizardfolk form. Drev takes the easier route of simply putting his arms around Elenka and Breninyr firmly and then stepping into the air.

With everyone able to get off the ground, Breninyr reaches over and touches Borric's armor. It gets quite in the room, and with that, the group heads out. Circling quick behind the building, the known vrock to the east is looking towards the main gate. A quick up and down near the abandoned tower to the southwest gets everyone over the wall while being blocked from view by the far western tower. Hugging the wall, and moving quickly, the group gets to zip under the western tower silently and around the back.

The back wall of the keep faces a large river. Luckily, no one is out playing in the river, as they are here to guard their newly won territory. Unexpectedly, you find the back wall has been blown out, with half of it lying in ruins and rubble. This makes it easier to fly low, ducking around and behind the barracks, than getting up to eye level with the sentries that are on the walls. Slipping behind the barracks, the wind starts whistling in peoples' ears again. But, the goal is in sight. It is only fifty feet away, and the doors have been blown out and off their hinges.

While it is possible to charge the last bit, Orlando holds up where the group has good cover at the moment.

[sblock=Status, Planning]Carrying people while flying: if their weight is under "light carrying capacity" fly like normal. If in medium weights, fly at slower speed like wearing armor, maneuverability: clumsy. If into heavy category, fly speed reduced to 10'.
cast cast cast, then 8 rounds of flying without being spotted. Tucked in behind barrack buildings with about 50' to go through an open door. The silence lasted 8 rounds an is all used up. But, it served its purpose.

93/130 AC 19 N29 ~ Daylily ~DR 1 Fly 90 glaive-guisarme ~
..83/83. AC 22 O29 ~ Relic ~ Fly 5855r, can fly self SLA
..82/82. AC 21 P29 ~ Sylvain ~ DV 1346r, MA 5390r, can fly self hex
108/108.AC 24 K31 ~ Orlando ~ DV 1346r, winged boots 42r ~
123/127 AC 31+2BS M29 ~ Borric ~ DV 1346r, +2 Heroism 325r, +2 BS 466r, Fly 89 ~
..79/79. AC 17 N29 ~ Anaerion ~DV 1346r/MA/OFl/1807r/DS/8076r/MC325r, ~ is flying
..82/82. AC 18 S29 ~ Elenka ~ DV 1346r carried by Drev,
..82/82. AC 24+4 M29 ~ Drevezh'Korol ~ MA 4155r, Gr Magic Fang 4765r, Fly 81 ~ carrying Elenka and Breninyr
100^82/100^82 AC 30 S29 ~ Arianna ~ MA 1789r, GMF 10243r ~ is flying
164/164 AC 28 L29 ~ Kalinn ~ Fly 92,
..80/80. AC 22 Q29 ~ Breninyr ~ CR 7201r/MA 5412r carried by Drev ~
121/121 AC 26 M28 ~ Aradra ~DV 1346r, SI 2070r, LS 13790r, Adaption IW562r, riding Shadow ~
124/125 AC 28 K28 ~ Shadow ~ DV 1346r, GMF +2 13798r/MA 5391r, Fly 91 ~
.,??/??.. AC 15 T29 ~ Kutholiam ~ DV 1346r, carried by Arianna

Ceiling: 30 feet
Lighter Cyan shaded circle: Borric's Ioun Torch still providing light, outside of that, candle light providing moderate or dim light. Still there, just got tired of merging maps to do the effect right.
Inside Red shaded circle, Magic Circle vs. Evil 10' around Anaerion still there. Tired of merging effects.
Deep Blue Shaded: Grease
Magenta Triangle state: Flying
Green Triangle state: Haste
Red Diamond state: Grappled
Blue Circle state: Prone
Purple Dot: Blind
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
castle5.jpg
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic takes out his spell bock, back pressed against the wall of the barracks. He quickly calms his mind and commits to memory one of his simplest cantrips in place of another which is of no use to him. It takes him but a moment and he closes the book once more, stows it away safely and takes out one of his pearls from his pouch, rolling the smooth hard surface between his fingers. He whispers quietly to the others gathered. "I can distract the attention of the demons for a moment while we enter the keep. I can create an illusion of the appearance of the demon's most bitter enemy, an angel. Ready yourselves. This will buy us but a moment."

Relic closes his eyes and the pearl becomes warm and glows. He then moves himself in between the sides of the back two barracks and waits a moment until the group are ready to move. Then he casts the simple cantrip as far from himself as able centred in the middle of the courtyard away from the door. The sound only begins as a hum of power and then the distant sounds of celestial music and the songs of angels can be heard. But only loud enough for those listening closely, he sets the spell to steadily increase in volume tiny bit by tiny bit and then sets to casting his next spell. The illusion is centred on the same spot where the celestial song begins to grow. First glowing runes begin to form a circle of protection against evil and from the centre a light begins to grow from a tiny point into a star burst. Standing there is one of the celestial creatures Relic has studied in his quest to summon allies in this war. A solar angel, burning bright in the middle of the courtyard. As the power of the song builds around it like a prayer it beckons to the demons on the walls and roof tops in challenge. Relic hopes his companions are moving by now. The angel, standing over 9 feet tall draws a greatsword from over its back and hunkers down as though ready to brace an onslaught from all sides. Assuring that the spell remains active he then flies directly for the blasted doorway, sustaining concentration upon the angel as he enters the doorway, looking back to see if the demons have overcome their fear and have moved to face thier terrible and deadly enemy.

[sblock=OOC] Fasty study to learn Ghost Sound
Alert group of his intentions in a whisper: if vetoed by the group he will cease his plans at this point.

Pearl of Power lvl 1 to recharge Silent Image

Move to appx. BH 57

Cast Ghost Sound on BM65 appx as described with humming to increasing volume of celestial song and celestial worshipful singing timed to coincide with Silent Image

Cast Silent Image on same spot: Magic Circle glowing runes -> point of light to star burst -> Solar angel appears and beckons roof and wall tp demons to come and battle it -> battle stance

Fly towards doorway maintaining concentration. Inside doorway and assess whether there is any point maintaining concentration or not depending on interaction. [/sblock]

[sblock=Relic lvl 11]
Relic Nevyn
(Lvl 11) Human Wizard 10/Oracle 1
HP: 91
/91
AC: 14 (19) Touch 14 (15) FlatFooted 11 (16)
Initiative: +8; Temporal Celerity: Rolls initiative twice and can use either result
Mage Armour, Fly, Haste, Bless
Fort: +7 Ref: +7 (+8) Will: +12
Wizards Spells: lvl 0: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound
Lvl 1: Shocking Grasp; Magic Missile: Used, Tiny Hut, Enlarge Person, Colour Spray, Silent Image: Used
Lvl 2: Gust of Wind, Hideous Laughter: USED, Mirror Image: USED,
Prot vs Evil, Communal, See Invisibility, Empty Slot
Level 3: Haste 2/2 Used; Lightning Bolt: Used; Fly, Dark Vision, Communal: Used
Level 4: Control Summoned creature, Black Tentacles, Dimensional Anchor, Empty Slot, Empty Slot,
Level 5: Suffocation; Telekinesis, Empty Slot, Empty Slot,
Bonded Ring:
Pearl of Power #1 (lvl 1):
Recharge Silent Image
Pearl of Power #2 (lvl 1):
Pearl of Power (lvl 2):
Lightning Flash 9/9 uses left today
Cyclone: 8/9 uses left today
Oracles Orisons: Detect Poison, Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink
Oracles Spells: lvl 1: 2/3 uses left today
Wand of Mage Armor: (44/50) charges
Wand of CLW: (46/50) charges
Wand of Protection vs Evil:(49/50) charges
Wand of Glitterdust: (48/50) charges
Wand of Align Weapon:(44/50) charges
Lesser Metamagic Rod, Extend: 2/3 uses left today
Lesser Metamagic Rod, Bouncing:3/3 uses left today
Lesser Metamagic Rod, Piercing: 2/3 uses left today
Lesser Metamagic Rod, Silent: 3/3 uses left today
Consumables: 2/2 CLW Potions; 1/1 CMW Potion; 4/4 trail rations
Scrolls prepared for Battle:
Curse: Clouded Vision: Max Vision limit 60'; as Darkvision
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

Fury stops at the edge of the barracks and peers around to see if any demons are looking his way. He's pretty sure he can make it to the keep but he figures there are going to be demons inside as well if that's where this failing divine device is that keeps the demons from invading and overrunning the lands. Maybe they'll get lucky and the first chamber will be empty of demons; he isn't counting on it, though.

The others, he isn't so sure about.

"Borric, you make enough racket to wake the dead even when you tiptoe around. I've a spell that can make you invisible briefly but it'll only last for a count to ten or so. That should get you from here to the keep and help mask you from detection but it's not foolproof. I can cast it on someone else as well and I think we should try for the keep before Nevyn makes his distraction."

fwmu.jpg

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=Actions/OOC]Cast Vanish (up to two times) as needed to get to the keep.
Stealth: [roll0][/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 11 / Bard 2
Initiative: +9 Perception: +16

AC: 25 (18 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 117 Current: 117
CMB: +11 CMD: 29 Fort: +5 Ref: +18 Will: +7

In Hand: rapier & dagger
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift
Special:
Winged Boots 0/3 remaining.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric emitted a grunt of agreement at Fury’s assessment of his stealth capability. He gave Relic a gauntleted thumbs up and whispered, “Go for it, Old Man.”

“As soon as Fury uses the spell, I will move to the door of the keep. If we end up fighting in the entrance, maybe those other distractions would be good. Thunderstones might be good, one just inside and a couple more outside to cover the noise.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +18
AC: 31 (26 w/out shield, 28(23w/out shield) flat-footed, 14 Touch) Barkskin -> 32 now
HP: 127 Current: 123
CMB: +17 CMD: 31 (33 vs. Disarm/ 35 vs. Trip) Fort: +13 Reflex: +9 Will: +8 (+11 vs. Fear) +10 Reflex
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-4/+8Dmg), Combat Expertise (-4/+4AC), Lunge, Heroism (+2 Att/SVs/Skills), Mind-shielded, Darkvision, Barkskin, Bless

Current Weapon in Hand: Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Shield (LH), Holy Flail (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daylily_150.jpg

"I am probably need a few tappings from the magic stick. Other the wise, I am ready to goings."

[sblock=OOC]Healing (1d8+1=2, 1d8+1=4, 1d8+1=8, 1d8+1=3, 1d8+1=9, 1d8+1=2)
Healing (1d8+1=9, 1d8+1=3)

Only need the first seven to top off.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 19 (19 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 130/130
CMB: +17 CMD: 30
Fort: +13 Reflex: +8 Will: +7
Attack: +18/+10/+5 for WD+19

-Raging-
AC: 14 (14 flat-footed, 9 touch)
HP: 152/152
CMB: +19 CMD: 32
Fort: +15 Reflex: +8 Will: +9
Attack: +25/+17/+12 for WD+24

Perception: +15
Initiative: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: Quasit (probably 1d3 improvised)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Remaining: ??/18
Haste Remaining: ??/10

Used Items:
Potion of Fly, Potion of See Invisibility x2, Wand of CLW x23

[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
"Sounds like a plan then, Fury and Borric. Let's get there, and remember I still have a few charges on the Invisibility wand, if we need to use those. Can't think of a better excuse to use them, then getting away from a pile of demons! If you need them just ask."

Sylvain stat block: [sblock]http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvain_Marana_(Gerald007)Initiative: [/sblock]
[sblock]+9AC: 17 (15 Flat-Footed, 14 Touch)HP: 98/98CMB: +5 CMD: 19 Fort: +9 Reflex: +10 Will: +111Perception: +2Current Weapon in Hand: NoneHexes: ( DC 23) Misfortune, Healing, Fortune, Flight, Slumber, Cackle, Evil Eye, Retribution, Ice TombSpells Per Day Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Message, Stabilize1st Level: Burning Hands (DC 18), Charm Person (DC 20), Enlarge Person, Ill Omen (DC 20), Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp2nd Level: Flaming Sphere (DC 19), Glitterdust (DC 21) (x2), Hold Person (DC 21), Vomit Swarm, Web3rd Level: Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 20) (x2), Heroism (x2), Stinking Cloud (DC 20)4th Level: Black Tentacles, Confusion (DC 23), Dimension Door, Wall of Ice
5th Level: Baleful Polymorph (DC 22), Feeblemind (DC 24), Teleport (x2)6th Level: Flesh to Stone (DC 23), Greater Dispel Magic, True Seeing^means spell is used for the day.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

Fury looks around and it seems there are no other objections to Nevyn's plan. And he really, really hates waiting around. So, he makes an executive decision.

"Nevyn, if you please, start your distraction. Sylvain, invisibility on those who need it. I'll take care of Borric and Kalinn and they can move into the tower and hold it til the rest of us get there." He nods to Borric. Fury knows the warrior is more than capable if the need arises and Kalinn has proven herself as well. "Daylily, watch over Nevyn. Make sure he makes it to the tower. Carry him if you have to. Sorry, Nevyn, but if you're concentrating on that trick of yours it'll probably be faster if he does. Aradra, you got your bow ready, of course. Stay with Daylily and Nevyn. Things go wrong you light 'em up with arrows." He looks around to see who is left.

"Sylvain, you get your spells cast you hightail it to the tower. You two..." He jabs a finger in Elenka and Arianna's direction. "You two get over there as fast as you can. And you, Breninyr, you go with the ladies. Elenka, Arianna, then Bren, in a nice, quiet line. Anaerion, you do whatever it is you do but get to the tower right after Bren. Woody, you stay out here til everyone else is to the tower. You're our rearguard, everything goes to hell, back-up. If you don't agree, well, it's kinda late now. Time's short so as soon as Kalinn vanishes, get moving. Remember, one at a time, and quiet."

Preparing beforehand, Elenka casts unfetter on Drevezh'korol. She knows she sucks at stealthy movement and so asks Sylvain for an invisibilty.

Fury will cast vanish first on Borric and then on Kalinn giving her a shove towards the door with a hastily, whispered warning: "Move on, now, you only have a ten-count before it wears off." With Sylvain at his side casting additional invisibility as needed he acts as door man directing first Kutholiam, Elenka, then Arianna, Bren, Anaerion, and Sylvain. When it's down to just the rearguard Fury goes next expecting Aradra and Shadow to follow after, followed by Daylily and Nevyn. Drevezh'korol goes last, and only after everyone else is in safely.

fwmu.jpg

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=Actions/OOC]D@%&! Let's get this thing rolling...

Cast Vanish, first on Borric then Kalinn.
Previous Stealth roll for Fury: 28
Elenka Stealth: w/o invisibility (1d20+2=13)
Drev Stealth: w/o invisibility (1d20+16=30)
[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 11 / Bard 2
Initiative: +9 Perception: +16

AC: 24 (17 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 117 Current: 117
CMB: +11 CMD: 29 Fort: +5 Ref: +18 Will: +7

In Hand: rapier & dagger
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 0/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift