Proposed Character Sheet

HRSegovia

Explorer
Things I have updated:

Because I can't count *facepalm* I have included 11 as a selectable number in the Abilities. However I also increased the values to go up to 29 to account for magical artifacts (the modifiers have been boosted to +9 to account for this as well).

The Tab order has been organized for a more intuitive interface.

Reduced the font size in the Magic sheet to actually fit formulae as opposed to simple numbers, such as "8+Wis+Prof" or "1+Cleric Level" instead of a simple "14" or "6".

If you use a web browser to fill this out instead of a pdf viewer, know that the web browser - for some reason - wants to print the drop box buttons. Filling it in via the web browser seems to only be good for saving your completed character as form fillable.

If you like this sheet, please go to:

Character Sheets

Download, rate, and leave a comment. This is where you can always find the most current version of this even if you can no longer find this thread. It will be the most reliable link for future reference.

Last edited:

HRSegovia

Explorer
Here's 3 5th Level Characters made with this sheet that you absolutely should have for your campaign.

The Cleptomaniac
http://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=file&fileid=1837

This little girl is terribly misunderstood. She comes from the Manywelts family and is currently on wonderlust seeking something interesting to do. After all, that's all Kender want, interesting experiences. In her down time, she is often found in jail - she's seen many wonderful (and not so wonderful) jails - as they make for interesting lodging (you hear about all sorts of things not to do and why you should do them).

"So what if I had your dagger when you needed it most. I'm not a thief! You dropped it, and 'when you needed it most,' I had it - for you! How ungrateful. Now, back to the map: it makes perfect sense! You travel that way to the town where I met a guard with apprehension towards Kender and he cuffed me to a tree while he ran-off after someone else - but he dropped his keys somehow. I knew he would need them so I uncuffed myself and was about to look for him, but you see, he was gone. So I put the keys and cuffs in my pouch for safe keeping in case I ran into him again. Well, anyway, that's what the cuffs on the map mean. From there you look for the road with the -- where are you going?"

When adventuring, her strengths lie in her inability to experience fear and her uncanny ability to acquire objects. This does not mean she lacks a sense of self preservation - she will not blunder into the jowls of a drooling dragon (surely death must be an interesting experience, but there are so many more things to do before THAT).

Tactically, she is a distraction. Attack, taunt, pick-pocket, hide, attack, taunt, pick-pocket, hide, etc. If there are other interesting things going on, such as traps, hazards, locks, or the like, usually she will mess with those during combat as well to "help."

The Medic
http://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=file&fileid=1838

This healing priest of Pelor has heard his calling beyond the Church and ventured to do a greater good in the service of his God. He is currently searching for the next cause - an expedition of righteousness - to which he can devote his healing services in hopes of strengthening the reputation and faith of Pelor. In the meantime he is often found in clinics and wards providing his services.

"You do not need to convert to Pelor, child. I'm not here to cause you strife or insult your faith. Just close your eyes and rest while Pelor's power mends your body. If you find spiritual comfort in this as well, feel free to come to me and I'll tell you of my god and what he can do for your mind, body, and soul. Do not be alarmed by the objects and what I do with them, they are required to channel Pelor's power to heal you, and will not harm you. That would be *chuckle* counter productive."

When adventuring, his strengths lie in his healing ability. He prefers to focus maintaining his companions' health and well being. Should his companions be quite adept to surviving, then he can demonstrate Pelor's wrath with Searing Flames, Spiritual Weaponry, and a fearsome knowledge of healing so powerful he can use it to un-heal - Inflict Wounds.

After such encounters, he will often gather his companions and conduct religious services to heal them. During these services, he teaches of Pelor and his scripture. Sometimes his companions listen, sometimes they do not - but they always seem to respect the service and ensure newcomers pay the same respect. It is a small price to pay to stay alive. For more immediate needs (or if his capability to channel Pelor is quite exhausted) he carries a Healer's Kit for a more mundane, pragmatic approach to heal. This is what he lives for and what he is currently seeking. This is his calling.

The Playwrite
http://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=file&fileid=1839

This bard of wit and lore is a playwrite between works - and currently adventuring for inspiration to write his next piece. In his down time - such as evenings at the inn - he earns his room and board by entertaining (and rarely has trouble closing the deal to do so). His performances often incorporate illusions and conjured props which make the crowd feel like he was actually present when the tale occurred:

"It was (Prestidigitation to produce a pendant of a frog) this very charm - a simple frog - that was given to his love, inspired a war (Minor Illusion for clashing weapons and armor), created a woman hero, and martyred a man who became a god. I will wait for everyone to grab a drink and a loaf - and relieve thyselves of natural burdens *chuckle*. Return to me in 10 minutes and I'll tell you the tale of 'Sigilo and Anna.'"

When adventuring, his strengths lie in his stage training where he has become quite proficient with a sharp sword and a sharp tongue - though he prefers the rapier to blade for it's ideal utility in staged duels; and his witty retort to song for its ability to dishearten and inspire. However, he has recently opened back up to his musical training with the discovery of a magic ocarina which intensifies his potency to influence through music, but occupies his sword-hand and inspirational words rendering his Rapier and Bardic Performance useless. While it has drawbacks, it is a utilitarian option - particularly to avoid combat.

After an encounter or moment of intensity, those that venture with him often think him off, or mad, as he has a tenancy to repeatedly mutter to himself or utter strange combinations of odd words and waver his hands at unseen objects or people over and over again. What his companions do not realize is the bard is recalling the events in his head and formulating the tale: the best way to tell it, what to embellish, what to change, and what to omit. This will continue until the party takes a rest and he is able to write these words down. If more events occur before he has this opportunity, he can become abrasive and irritable to mundane annoyances, "Quit bothering me, sir. Can't you see I'm busy? (Busy doing what? He's just riding a horse.)" Too much and he's been known to stop the entire expedition to sit by a tree for an hour and record his thoughts.

Last edited:

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
- Alert is a feat that gives you +5 to Initiative (Used to be called Improved Initiative) In the version above, you do not see a check box for it. that's been fixed.
Doesn't it kind of go against the freeform box idea to refer to a specific piece of game content? I think the benefit of having a box for Initiative (rather than just referring to Dex mod) is so you can keep track of stuff like this. The reference to the feat seems redundant.

HRSegovia

Explorer
Doesn't it kind of go against the freeform box idea to refer to a specific piece of game content? I think the benefit of having a box for Initiative (rather than just referring to Dex mod) is so you can keep track of stuff like this. The reference to the feat seems redundant.

I pondered on this for a while. It was a delicate line to tread. I felt, since it was a simple checkbox, it served as the perfect reminder (seen as how Alert would be sitting WAY OVER in the Feats, Features, and Ability Increase box but has an immediate affect on game content. Sure there are many things that could fit that description but it didn't interfere with anything major. I mean, along those lines, why have the Ability Increase Boxes either, right? It made sense. Other things that made sense but could have stayed off were the Disadvantage and Speed Adjust for armor. All three served as too important a reminder to leave to the player. Having it on the sheet, the player does not have to worry about remembering it, it's there. And most of all, unlike Action Surge or Second Wind, it applies to EVERYONE - anyone can take the feat. So it was general enough to include.

Everything else is just intuitive or has a place (Such as Combat features). Additionally, if I left them off, there would not be enough room in Combat Features to fit Alert, Disadvantage, and Speed Adjust, and STILL have room for things like Action Surge, Second Wind, Sneak Attack, etc.

It just seemed to work way too well without infringing on the freeform policy TOO much.

In Retrospect, I could remove it... you ARE correct, but:
1) The reasons explained above are why it's there
and
2) Would removing it spare anything since the space it occupies is only for init and will spare no space for anything else?

Last edited:

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
I pondered on this for a while. It was a delicate line to tread. I felt, since it was a simple checkbox, it served as the perfect reminder (seen as how Alert would be sitting WAY OVER in the Feats, Features, and Ability Increase box but has an immediate affect on game content...Having it on the sheet, the player does not have to worry about remembering it, it's there.
But if someone takes that feat, they can just change the number in the "initiative" box. It's already "there."

I mean, along those lines, why have the Ability Increase Boxes either, right?
Yeah, I was going to ask that too. Why do we need to keep track of those?

Other things that made sense but could have stayed off were the Disadvantage and Speed Adjust for armor.
But those refer to basic rules of the game that most players need to keep track of. "Alert" is, to quote Zak S, one of the "useful-but-not-integral pieces with distinct mechanical meaning." It seems weird, considering this sheet's goals, to refer to a piece of the game's "fat" like that.

And most of all, unlike Action Surge or Second Wind, it applies to EVERYONE - anyone can take the feat. So it was general enough to include.
I don't follow your reasoning here. Anyone can choose to take a given class, and anyone can choose to take a given feat. How does either apply to "everyone?"

HRSegovia

Explorer
But if someone takes that feat, they can just change the number in the "initiative" box. It's already "there."

Yeah, I was going to ask that too. Why do we need to keep track of those?

But those refer to basic rules of the game that most players need to keep track of. "Alert" is, to quote Zak S, one of the "useful-but-not-integral pieces with distinct mechanical meaning." It seems weird, considering this sheet's goals, to refer to a piece of the game's "fat" like that.

I don't follow your reasoning here. Anyone can choose to take a given class, and anyone can choose to take a given feat. How does either apply to "everyone?"

Wow, dude. Relax. It's not like we're talking rules lawyering. I appreciate the help, though. I pondered on it and changed it, along with adding a location for Age.

I DIDN'T, however, remove the Ability increase boxes. I strongly felt (as do many users) that these are important to track on whether or not a player took a feat or ability increase. Otherwise, it can get rather confusing when auditing a character.

HRSegovia

Explorer
In retrospect, it turns out you cannot print blanks since the dropdown boxes have autofill content. I've included in the download list two options: One form-fillable and another blank for printing.

HRSegovia

Explorer
Pretty soon the download count will outnumber Swords & Wizardry!
EnWorld.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads