D&D 5E Dawn War pantheon lore?

Staffan

Legend
I'm thinking about using the Dawn War (aka the 4e) pantheon for a homebrew. Were there ever any good information sources on these released, other than the extremely skimpy information in the 4e PHB/DMG? I saw that there was a bit more in Divine Power, but that seemed to be more about "these kinds of skills and powers make sense for a cleric/avenger/paladin/invoker of ______" rather than actual lore.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Manual of the Planes and The Plane Above/The Plane Below had some good material.

I liked the Dawn War cosmology. It wasn't a great replacement for D&D's past, but on its own merits, it was nice and epic and coherent. The 4e pantheon is still probably one of my favorite D&D pantheons, for the attention paid in it to "real people" and things like seasons. Wyatt did good there.

Zardnaar

Legend
Manual of the Planes and The Plane Above/The Plane Below had some good material.

I liked the Dawn War cosmology. It wasn't a great replacement for D&D's past, but on its own merits, it was nice and epic and coherent. The 4e pantheon is still probably one of my favorite D&D pantheons, for the attention paid in it to "real people" and things like seasons. Wyatt did good there.

More or less my opinion as well. Its a good pantheon the problem with it was they thought to replace the D&D lore with it. Would have been fine as a campaign setting.

Remove ads