D&D 5E Out of the Abyss OOC

ALL: Hearing no further thoughts on how to enter Sluubludop, I'll be forwarding the IC tonight with this plan: the group goes in as a whole (I'll not have Solace scout since this is risky and KS is out for the month) through the wharves using Plooploopeen's water breathing spell. If anyone wants to cast other spells or do anything in particular to prep, you have until approximately 6:30 pm this evening (US Eastern time) to get in a post.

If no one declares a source of light, I'll default to entering in pitch dark.

Yavathol

Explorer
Kamael will Twin Mage Armor on himself and Solace, and give a light spell to anyone that wants it, though he will use his darkvision.

Well, damn. WotC issued a takedown notice pursuant to the DMCA to github for the really excellent (but, truthfully, probably a copyright violation) 5e spell list they maintained as a Grimoire. I get it, but that sucks. I used the Grimoire all the time. It was exceptionally well-organized, easy to maneuver, searchable, and always loaded quickly and without fail.

Boo.

GlassEye said:
And I'll try to get caught up with everything here tomorrow.
Hope the trip was good and that you're able to rest up tonight. Get to the game when you can. It'll keep if you're unable to attend to it.

Yavathol said:
Good luck everyone, it looks like we can't afford any more failures!
True dat, g-money. The remaining three members of the party all need to succeed. Anyone have guidance?

Wow, multiple 20+ Perception die roll results. Hunh. You guys have gone from dead-to-the-world Perceptive to head-whipping-"Was-that-an-ant?-I-swear-I-heard-an-ant!" Perceptive. Great timing!

I've created a Google Drawing editable map. Click the link to view the map. Wait for it to load. You can then select the individual player character icons and move them around on the map. Keep in mind the map is drawn to a 10' scale; four icons should be able to fit in a grid square, give or take.

Yavathol

Explorer
Maybe the first action kamael should take should be to put a create bonfire spell on the shrine; to help brinn and hopefully disorient the enemy kuo-toa?

CB, the shrine looks reasonably flammable, if I concentrate on that for 2 rounds or so, will it catch alight? How likely is it to spread to the other buildings, I don't want to burn down the town! On the one hand there looks like a fair distance to the nearest buildings, however with no rain underground presumably everything is very dry?

Last edited:

Remove ads