D&D 5E Why I love the sorcerer class!

Vael

Legend
Sorcerers and Druids are my two favourite DnD classes. Honestly, the only tweak I'd make to the class is more Metamagic, both more options and they gain more Metamagic abilities.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Sorcerers are not the best blasters. Evoker wizards with Elemental Adept casting Fireball on top of their friends for no cost are way way better blasters.

We will have to disagree. I've never had a problem navigating fireball around my allies and hitting plenty of enemies. Typically the evoker wizard may can squeeze in an extra enemy or 2. I can squeeze out a lot more damage per enemy though. There will be a few rare occasions where I just can't hit hardly anything without avoiding my allies. The evoker wizard will shine in those rare situations, but I wouldn't say that's enough to make him the best blaster.

I will agree evoker wizards make better high level blasters. Overchannel is freaking amazing! You get mod damage to your spells, just quite a bit later.

I personally rarely factor in abilities from level 14+ into my considerations though. I'll take my fun and power now and worry about later if it ever gets here :)

So if you will allow me to restate my opinion more accurately. I think sorcerers are the best heroic tier blaster.

Last edited:

Remove ads