Do You Play in AL?

Do You Play in AL?

I always see Adventurer’s League come up when discussing WotC’s publishing strategy or homebrew/ 3rd party content.
I wonder how many people here actually play in the AL.

So, a poll. Do you play in the D&D Adventurer’s League?

practicalm

Explorer
I used to run AL games at my local game store but my schedule got too hectic to be sure I was going to be there.

I played at SDCC but I normally don't even play at conventions.

leogobsin

First Post
I don't for a variety of reasons: top of the list is nowhere within an hour's drive runs any AL games regularly but also I don't know that I'd like playing with strangers too much and I don't have much interest looking into the extra magic item/downtime rules I'd need to know.

Oofta

Legend
I do for a few reasons. First, I've moved recently so it's a way to meet new people. I need a social life other than my extended family ... I mean they're related to me so how interesting can they be?

But I also do it just as a way to see different play and DM styles. It's interesting to see how different people handle things. I like playing with a variety of people.

The downside of course is that it doesn't have nearly the depth of a home campaign. There's not a lot of character depth outside of maybe a funny accent and an easily-identifiable character hook.

Remove ads