GAME OF THRONES SEASON 8--Final Run-- Part 6---THE END

"if nothing else, the readers will learn what happened to Jeyne Poole, Lady Stoneheart, Penny and her pig, Skahaz Shavepate, Arianne Martell, Darkstar, Victarion Greyjoy, Ser Garlan the Gallant, Aegon VI"

aa4.jpg

Okay, some of them I do remember, but still, I can't say I'm burning up at the thought of learning their fates.

"How about this? I’ll write it. You read it. Then everyone can make up their own mind, and argue about it on the internet."

Sure, but first you have to write it...

George has written an update regarding the last episode:
http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2019/05/20/an-ending/

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
So what you're saying is that the dothraki and unsullied had to retreat, because ghost-Snow took out overlord Dany which caused their side to become supply blocked?

Derren

Hero
One of the most successful monarchies of all time had a 7 elector system.

It also makes sense in Westeros, how they executed it and who they elected is another matter.

Calling the Holy Roman Empire successful is stretching it quite a bit. Not to mention that it was very unstable, so exactly what they tried to prevent with going for an elective system.

MarkB

Legend
You seem to forget one of GRRM's stated purposes in writing the series - to teach genre fans lessons about how things don't work out the way they want them, to specifically defy your narrative expectations.

And these days people have genre expectations based upon tropes established in Game of Thrones. I wonder whether he considers that a success or an irony. Did he break the wheel, or merely forge some new spokes?

Zardnaar

Legend
Calling the Holy Roman Empire successful is stretching it quite a bit. Not to mention that it was very unstable, so exactly what they tried to prevent with going for an elective system.

It lasted a very long time and it's not like anything else is that stable either. In their world it makes sense no point gambling on over throwing a dynasty when you can get elected. In theory it would keep the blood bath down.

Derren

Hero
It lasted a very long time and it's not like anything else is that stable either. In their world it makes sense no point gambling on over throwing a dynasty when you can get elected. In theory it would keep the blood bath down.

And yet there was constant internal strife and wars with the emperor too weak to prevent it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases