That Full D&D Renault Commercial Is Here And It Features Tiamat And Venger!

I don't know who owns the IP for the old D&D cartoon characters, but they're using WotC's dragon designs for Tiamat's heads. I wonder if there's any copyright violation going on in this ad?

I don't know who owns the IP for the old D&D cartoon characters, but they're using WotC's dragon designs for Tiamat's heads. I wonder if there's any copyright violation going on in this ad?

Nostalgia aside, it probably really could work to use the old cartoon show as the basis for a D&D movies that doesn't suck. Sure, it will be aimed at a younger audience, but there's nothing wrong with that if it's done with quality. And as others have said, the production values and choice of actors are great here. Sure, there is more to a good film adaptation than an actor who looks like the cartoon, but it really helps, and I don't know that I've ever seen it done like this before (in the US).

If I thought there were actually people who have suffered through the D&D movies but never seen the cartoon, I'd want to see whether or not they think this car advertisement is better than those movies combined.

I didn't expect a "heroic" ending to GoT, I expected just a good ending!

The ending was planned all along, thoroughly set up, and signalled by GRRM in interviews. How the program reached the ending was a bit clumsy, perhaps because certain directors and cast members (mentioning no Emilia Clarkes in particular) treated the story as if it was a conventional heroic narrative.

CapnZapp

Legend
The ending was planned all along, thoroughly set up, and signalled by GRRM in interviews. How the program reached the ending was a bit clumsy, perhaps because certain directors and cast members (mentioning no Emilia Clarkes in particular) treated the story as if it was a conventional heroic narrative.
"A bit" clumsy? Surely, you jest.

Blaming it on Clarke & Co is not classy at all.

Have a downvote.

D&D was my favorite 80's cartoon. When I could I will show it to my nieces.

But I miss the theme song, the Spanish version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQviv9yW82Y

Lyrics translations to English:We arrived to a fantastic worldfull of strange beingsthe dungeon mastergave powers to all us.You the barbarian, you the archer, acrobat, mage and the knightDragons and Dungeonsan infernal worldhiding in the shadowsthe evil forces.

Do you imagine a D&D spot, with CGI and this song (with English language lyrics, of course)?

---

Sometimes I wonder about the future of the character, and some ones only appeared in a episode like the Varla, illusionist girl, Kosar the child of the stargazer and Terri the little girl who could dream about the future. Eric had got a girlfriend, and they almost married but she changed in the wedding ceremony in the last moment. She wasn't really his soulmate
:lol:

* Hasbro could be sell a "basic" board game, like the Heroquest, maybe with other name, like "Endless Quest", with simple rules to be played by +7y children.

"A bit" clumsy? Surely, you jest.

Blaming it on Clarke & Co is not classy at all.

Have a downvote.

Clarke was the was the one who played the character as a lawful good paladin who only wanted to conquer the world for perfectly justifiable reasons (and it's okay to crucify or burn thousands so long as they are "always chaotic evil"). The character shouldn't have unconvincingly turned evil - she was supposed to be evil all along!

CapnZapp

Legend
Clarke was the was the one who played the character as a lawful good paladin who only wanted to conquer the world for perfectly justifiable reasons (and it's okay to crucify or burn thousands so long as they are "always chaotic evil"). The character shouldn't have unconvincingly turned evil - she was supposed to be evil all along!
Yes, and I'm saying that putting the blame on the actress is not classy at all.

Yes, and I'm saying that putting the blame on the actress is not classy at all.

Either the directors or the actor was to blame, and judging by Clarke's comments it sounds like she always wanted to play a big damn hero, rather than a nuanced character whose actions might seem justified to themselves and their devoted followers but viewed from the outside was a mono-maniacal demagogue with a messiah complex.

Remove ads

Remove ads