$800 on Ebay?! What in the hell is going on with the limited edition Volo's Guide to Monsters?

jasper

Rotten DM
A fool and his gold are soon parted. Especially when you use a cutlass my matey.
Ebay and Amazon vendors some time use software that give out mess up prices. Or the seller was looking for a fool but did not have a cutlass handy.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
Looks like they are actually selling for around $300.

I am surprised too. Usually things sold as collector's editions don't actually go up in value because people who want collector's editions just buy them straight away.

lonelynoose

First Post
250+ is now for used. I sold one after Thxgiving for 460. Bought the limited edition core set and some Tiffany earrings for the wife.

Supply/Demand etc.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Looks like they are actually selling for around $300.

I am surprised too. Usually things sold as collector's editions don't actually go up in value because people who want collector's editions just buy them straight away.

The number of people playing has increased dramatically since 2016, apparently. That means market demand for getting a complete set of covers will drive prices up.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It’s quite astonishing. Even super rare original 1974 editions of the first ever printed D&D don’t go for $800.

Remove ads