Survivor Magic Swords- FROST BRAND CHILLS THE COMPETITION!

Yardiff

Adventurer
Get that tacky sci-fi prop out of here, if i wanted to walk around with a lightsaber i'd go play Edge of Empire.

Wasn't a sci-fi prop from Star Wars, it was based off a cartoon called Thundarr the Barbarian who use a weapon called a Sun Sword that was just a hilt until he summoned the flaming blade. The Sun Sword MIGHT have been based off the lightsaber for the sci-fi/Fantasy cartoon.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Wasn't a sci-fi prop from Star Wars, it was based off a cartoon called Thundarr the Barbarian who use a weapon called a Sun Sword that was just a hilt until he summoned the flaming blade. The Sun Sword MIGHT have been based off the lightsaber for the sci-fi/Fantasy cartoon.
Hmm, I always pictured Thundarr's weapon as being closer to flame tongue, since it was made of fire and not light... *shrug*

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Also worth mentioning that Star Wars is also basically fantasy
There are a lot of famous essays out there that connect the similarities between Lord of the Rings and Star Wars. "Luke/Frodo must take the Force/One Ring into the center of Mt Doom/the Death Star. Only then can he defeat the evil Saruman & Sauron/Vader & Palpatine. But the power of the Force/One Ring is very strong, and threatens to destroy Luke/Frodo at every turn. Only through the wisdom of Yoda/Gandalf--and the protection of the Rebels/Fellowship--will he have any hope of saving the galaxy/Middle Earth."

Last edited:

Remove ads