• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Survivor Magic Swords- FROST BRAND CHILLS THE COMPETITION!

Yardiff

Adventurer
Get that tacky sci-fi prop out of here, if i wanted to walk around with a lightsaber i'd go play Edge of Empire.

Wasn't a sci-fi prop from Star Wars, it was based off a cartoon called Thundarr the Barbarian who use a weapon called a Sun Sword that was just a hilt until he summoned the flaming blade. The Sun Sword MIGHT have been based off the lightsaber for the sci-fi/Fantasy cartoon.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Wasn't a sci-fi prop from Star Wars, it was based off a cartoon called Thundarr the Barbarian who use a weapon called a Sun Sword that was just a hilt until he summoned the flaming blade. The Sun Sword MIGHT have been based off the lightsaber for the sci-fi/Fantasy cartoon.
Hmm, I always pictured Thundarr's weapon as being closer to flame tongue, since it was made of fire and not light... *shrug*

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Also worth mentioning that Star Wars is also basically fantasy
There are a lot of famous essays out there that connect the similarities between Lord of the Rings and Star Wars. "Luke/Frodo must take the Force/One Ring into the center of Mt Doom/the Death Star. Only then can he defeat the evil Saruman & Sauron/Vader & Palpatine. But the power of the Force/One Ring is very strong, and threatens to destroy Luke/Frodo at every turn. Only through the wisdom of Yoda/Gandalf--and the protection of the Rebels/Fellowship--will he have any hope of saving the galaxy/Middle Earth."

Last edited:

Remove ads