D&D 5E [IC] THE CURSE OF AMBERSTAR

Archon Basileus

First Post
"Can you tell me how the land or the survivors can be healed from the damage the fallen star caused?"

"Healing capabilities largely depend on the degree of the damage made, as well as the time of exposure. For damaged bone marrow, a treatment might be performed with the application of proteic complexes..." - from then on, she uses nearly incomprehensible jargon that maybe Wellington's arcane apothecaries might understand. Harfik almost gives up, until she mentions a certain alternative treatment.

"In case of hereditary sindromes, the only way to reverse the process is to use the molecular reconstruction chamber. Despite the risks, the treatment has been known to offer satisfactory levels of success, both on decontamination and genetic repair. The decontamination chamber is located within the med-bay, just below the engineering quarters."

"If something went wrong and the systems were compromised, what would be standard recovery procedure? Especially in case of contamination by uncontrolled and dangerous biological specimens."

"In case of contamination, all quarters are immediately placed under lockdown. System analysis determines the nature and degree of the contamination, automatically directing staff to appropriate quarantine areas. In the case of macroscopic contamination, standard procedure determines the deployment of decontamination teams, according to the nature of the threat. Quarantine areas are located at every level for your convenience." - the woman speaks out, in a professional, enthusiastic voice.

How did she end up here, and what did it have to do with the bird?

Signs are clearly scarce. Between the fog and the strangeness of this place, nothing that stands out serves to explain how did she end up here. Still, as Aanzu mentally repeats their steps throughout this odd dungeon, he recalls that Poe was closely followed by a crow right after they came down from the surface. With no other way down here, and no sign of the woman following their path before the doors behind them got shut, odds are that she traveled in the form of a crow, following the group.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION] [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Thulwar continues the questioning so they might get some little control over their surroundings.
"Where is the closest quarantine? And how can we register as safe biological specimens? Can we help?"

Shayuri

First Post
Icosa speaks aloud then.

"I have information that the controls for this facility are on the top level, three levels above us. From there we may attempt to take control of it. This should give us much more information about what is going on here. The Teraphim are apparently below level four, down to the bottom level seven. Perhaps they thought to escape the damage from their weapons that deep. The other creatures we've encountered so far appear to be escaped experiments."

"Although there are dangers above, I believe going that way first will make the journey to the lower levels easier. I suggest we move that way first."

Meanwhile, to Jocasta, <What is on the seventh floor that you're interested in?>

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Aanzu is lost in thought until Icosa speaks up. The dragonborn shakes his reptilian head slowly, saying, "This one says the Totem of Power must be destroyed first. The birdwoman will help then."

With that, he nods towards Poe, as if that explains everything.

OOC: As a player, I think Icosa's plan is actually superior to Aanzu's, but someone has to explain that to an impatient, stubborn dragonborn barbarian prince... :p

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Thulwar listens to the instruction of the machine, but diverts his attention for a bit to explain the facility to the dragonborn.

"Aanzu, if we cut the power, we release all problems at once. It may be faster if we gain control first and then we can do whatever we want. You know, kinda...you go somewhere and need those people to do something. You could try and convince them, speaking to their chief, persuading each influential person there to support you...or you could challenge chief to a duel and start giving orders. Or you could convince them you're the prince of the nation and again give orders from the top."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
The dragonborn looks at the small creature in front of him, trying to explain things. He looks thoughtful, perhaps not in a very comforting way.

"This one IS the prince," Aanzu starts, then stops the next words that were about to come from his mouth. He tilts his draconic head slightly, as if he were a bird rather than a man-dragon, and blinks.

"This one can be the prince of all the caverns, too! Challenge the king, then seize the totem."

His eyes light up, and Aanzu is obviously excited for this new strategy. "The cats will be seated on the throne, then the birds will be released! This one says we go up!"

He starts moving, sword in hand, then stops after a few hurried steps. More quietly, the prince asks Thulwar, "Little one knows the way?"

Archon Basileus

First Post
"Where is the closest quarantine? And how can we register as safe biological specimens? Can we help?"

"The closest quarantine hall is located on the outer rim of this facility, through the assembly halls. The premises have been vacated a long time ago, though, after the intervention of the decontamination and control groups led by the Teraphim officers. As for your registry as safe specimens, it can only be done through detailed evaluation and authentication at the lab complex, below. Access is denied, nonetheless, through direct officer interference. The genetic signature of a Teraphim crew member is necessary to ensure entrance." - she answers Thulwar with a direct, inflexible tone.

Lyllie rolls her eyes. "Poe, let's go," she says simply. The raven swoops down to perch on her shoulder and she makes ready to leave.

"I can grant access to the upper levels. I still hold full authorization to work them around. If you wish to help, there is a task that demands complation, though. Strata under my control hold a few escaped specimens that managed to survive the intervention teams, or to otherwise enter the facility or the terraformed areas. I would appreciate if you could finish the intervention teams' activities, since their presence jeopardizes my operational cicles." - she continues, maintaining the same inhuman tones.

Meanwhile, to Jocasta, <What is on the seventh floor that you're interested in?

"The Teraphim's main database, containing their plans and the means to control this facility. If we reach it, we can stop hostilities around this complex once and for all, and maybe even ensure our own freedom." - Jocasta says with a clear, hopeful tone.
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION] [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION]

Shayuri

First Post
Icosa paused at that.

<The means to control the facility is on the seventh floor? You said the control room was on the top floor. Did I misunderstand?>

Remove ads