D&D 5E [5E] YP: Sunless Citadel

What Adventure should I run for my next PbP Campaign?

• Lost Mine of Phandelver

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Sunless Citadel

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Other WotC Adventure Path

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other Adventure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Before I finalize my character, there are some questions I asked in post 40, on Background, passive perception, and martial arts.

Thanks!

Creamsteak

Explorer
Let me know if I can help out at all. I notice this thread grew quite a bit since last I checked it. I see the RG, but I wasn't sure if I was approved to play or anything. I'm fine either way.

purplerook

First Post
Meeting-up

Meeting-up
[MENTION=6853819]TallIan[/MENTION] asked about the backstory for our meeting up as group. I am assuming that we have generally met due to various common interests and are now hanging out in the Tavern where Ara performs. Ara is widely know about town as there are not many - any other - painter/illusionists publicly practicing. Anyone interested in magic or getting an inexpensive portrait would have run into Ara. In particular, Ara would have sought out Kuhl Obleequay, to hear about his travels and to create realistic illusions and paintings of some things he has seen in his travels.

Any fighter/adventurer that is remotely interested will hear about Ara's thoughts on Small Unit Tactics and Minor Illusions

Additionally, Ara invites Kuhl and others who are interested to come along for some of his Parkour training
Ara demonstrating Parkour - Acrobatics DC 10: 1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
I'm posting this at 3:33pm 4/17/2017. I shall Have the following posted by 10:30 pm 4/18/2017.
  • List of who is in. Basically everyone who expressed interest, but I'll double check.
  • Adventure hooks. I'd do this immediately, but I don't have the adventure with me.
  • Answers to various questions.

Sorry for being non-responsive. It will get better.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Adventure Hooks
GOING FOR GLORY
You are eager to make a name for yourself. The legend of the Sunless Citadel is well known locally, and stories indicate it is a place that holds promise for those intent on discovery, glory, and treasure!

RESCUE MISSION
Another party of adventurers, locally based, delved into the Sunless Citadel a month past. They were never seen again . Two human members of that ill-fated party were brother and sister, Talgen Hucrele (a fighter) and Sharwyn Hucrele (a wizard). They were part of an important merchant family based in the nearby village of Oakhurst. Kerowyn Hucrele, the matriarch of the family, offers salvage rights to you and your team if you can find and return with the two lost members of her family- or at least return the gold signet rings worn by the missing brother and sister. She also offers a reward of 125 gp per signet ring, per character. If the characters bring back the Hucreles in good shape (of good mind and body), she offers to double the reward.

SOLVING A MYSTERY
The goblin tribe infesting the nearby ruins, called the Sunless Citadel, though no one knows why) sells a single piece of magical fruit to the highest bidder in Oakhurst once every midsummer. They've been doing this for the last twelve years. Usually, the fruit sells for around 50 gp, which is all the townsfolk can bring themselves to pay a goblin. The fruit, apparently an apple of perfect hue, heals those who suffer from any disease or other ailment. They sometimes plant the seeds at the center of each fruit, hoping to engender an enchanted apple tree. When the seeds germinate in their proper season, they produce a twiggy mass of twisted sapling stems. Not too long after the saplings reach 2 feet in height, they are stolen- every time. The townsfolk assume the goblins send out thieves to ensure their monopoly of enchanted fruit. You are interested in piercing the mystery associated with how wretched goblins could ever possess such a wonder, and how they steal every sprouting sapling grown from the enchanted fruit's seed. Moreover, you wish to find this rumored tree of healing, hoping to heal an ailing friend or relative.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
This is who is in.

TallIan - Edgar - Paladin - LG
purplerook - Ara - Elven Bladesinger/Illusionist - NG
Kobold Stew - Kuhl - Monk - LG
Obeliske - Tordak - Cleric - NG
ccs - fighter - ROY - CN/NE
Creamsteak - Serpica - Half-elf Rogue - CN
Beanibum - Dhamion fighter - LG

So 7 PC's, 5 goody-two-shoes, 2 murderhobos...
What can go wrong?!?!

So tempting to invite an 8th and 9th player to play murder hobos and run parallel games.

Wondering whether the work of adding +75% of the xp budget to all encounters is actually less than running two games in parallel.

ccs

41st lv DM
This is who is in.

TallIan - Edgar - Paladin - LG
purplerook - Ara - Elven Bladesinger/Illusionist - NG
Kobold Stew - Kuhl - Monk - LG
Obeliske - Tordak - Cleric - NG
ccs - fighter - ROY - CN/NE
Creamsteak - Serpica - Half-elf Rogue - CN
Beanibum - Dhamion fighter - LG

So 7 PC's, 5 goody-two-shoes, 2 murderhobos...
What can go wrong?!?!

Roy: "Murderhobo. That's a helluva thing to call Edgar...."

TallIan

Explorer
Roy: "Murderhobo. That's a helluva thing to call Edgar...."

Lol.
@Charwomangene, I'm not yet entirely sure of LG, I might go LN as I think it suits the concept better.
@Obeliske, What do you think of our character being friends/acquaintances from our old army day? I'm thinking something along the lines of allied forces with a common border fighting a common enemy. From their we could with find religion together or Edgar could active have sought Tordak out for guidance, though I don't think I'll be choosing Ilmater as a deity.

EDIT: Thanks [MENTION=6875781]purplerook[/MENTION], I think that I will take you up in that offer.

Last edited:

Remove ads