Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana March 2016 Review

MechaPilot

Explorer
Almost the whole first page. Maybe angry wasn't the best word, but still I thought people would be excited about this.

Huh. I don't read that the way you do. I don't see anyone who's angry or has negative feelings about DM's Guild content being considered for inclusion in official content.

I just see people irritated that the article that normally gives us mechanical content is not doing that this time. If they hadn't replaced the usual mechanical content offering of UA with a review article, if they had simply added the review as a new article, or added it at the end of a regular UA article, I think people's excitement would be far less muted.

ChrisCarlson

First Post
This month's article brought more potential meat to my table than any previous UA before it: a full system of blood magic for use with multiple classes, a plug-n-play mini adventure, and a handful of monsters to add to your games.

MechaPilot

Explorer
This month's article brought more potential meat to my table than any previous UA before it: a full system of blood magic for use with multiple classes, a plug-n-play mini adventure, and a handful of monsters to add to your games.

To be fair, it's actually the DM's Guild creators who did that. All this UA article did was say "hey y'all, lookie here a sec."

ChrisCarlson

First Post
I just see people irritated that the article that normally gives us mechanical content is not doing that this time. If they hadn't replaced the usual mechanical content offering of UA with a review article, if they had simply added the review as a new article, or added it at the end of a regular UA article, I think people's excitement would be far less muted.
Are you going to wave a magic wand to grant the devs more hours in a day? If so, can I get a little of that love sent my way?

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
[MENTION=6801369]UnknownDyson[/MENTION], I think I'm the only one that even mentioned the potential official-ization specifically, and I was doing so as a sincere "this is my favorite part", not sarcasm.

GrumpyGamer

First Post
I would have preferred if all of the reviews were tied to the new CoS story line, and I think this could have promise going forward. I like the idea of Wizards looking at DmG and saying these ideas work well with our new product.

Blood magic also got me thinking about Dark Sun and a distinction between preservers and defilers where a preserver works with just "available" hit dice in the area and a defiler takes hit dice and actual hit points.

ChrisCarlson

First Post
To be fair, it's actually the DM's Guild creators who did that. All this UA article did was say "hey y'all, lookie here a sec."
Speaking of more hours in a day from my last post... That segues nicely into this bit here. Do you think I have that kind of time to peruse all of DMGuild looking for good material? Getting a nod from the devs got me to look their way. Wouldn't have otherwise.

And if you think for one second that you can invalidate my opinion, by claiming I didn't somehow get more out of this article than any previous, good luck.

NotActuallyTim

First Post
And if you think for one second that you can invalidate my opinion, by claiming I didn't somehow get more out of this article than any previous, good luck.

You got nothing out of this article! This article and 10 bucks will buy you a coffee! This article has nothing on me! This article is nothing doing! I can do this all day.

ChrisCarlson

First Post
I think there's a lot of mine-able material in the Blood Magic submission for my (still burgeoning) Primeval Thule campaign. I'm still trying to give magic in that setting a lot more S&S flavor and feel. This Blood Magic thing has given me a lot of great ideas.

Remove ads