‘The Greatest American Hero’ Reboot With Female Lead Gets Big ABC Commitment

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Those space aliens need to find somebody with a little talent for the suit to develop.

Drop off the suit with a marathon runner so we can watch a Flash imitation, for instance.
Or a hang-glider could learn to fly without the big bulky props.

I wonder how the suit's powers are supposed to interact with this Indian* woman's cultural heritage. Will she start off by thinking she is being pestered by spirits or minor deities, for instance?

* = which kind of 'Indian': Native American or the British Empire?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Loved the original theme tune, but that’s about all I remember of the show. Plus the uncontrolled flying sequences.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Holly-Hathaway-Greatest-American-Heroine-Mary-Ellen-Stuart-a.jpg

geeky school teacher is given an alien power suit but loses the instructions. With the assitance of FBI agent Bill Maxwell she must learn to master the suits abilities to do good and fight injustice- usually with comic outcomes.

I suppose the premise fully allows that but unfortunately they already did Greatest American Heroine as a failed reboot with Holly, not sure they could do it any better now especially as it will get compared to Supergirl :(

The original show was great though and besides the main theme they also occasionally used Elton Johns Rocket Man and at one point they consider using that as Ralphs official monikker.

Derren

Hero
If they do the same as they did with the re-booted gender flipping GHOSTBUSTERS, I do not have much hope for this pilot.

But if they actually properly develop the story, dialogue, characters, etc...

After Ghostbusters I doubt anyone would try a "If you do not like it you are a misogynist" marketing campaign again.

not sure they could do it any better now especially as it will get compared to Supergirl :(
If there's room for Arrow and Flash and Black Lightning and Daredevil and Luke Cage and Iron Fist and Punisher then there's room for both Supergirl and a Greatest American Hero remake.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
If there's room for Arrow and Flash and Black Lightning and Daredevil and Luke Cage and Iron Fist and Punisher then there's room for both Supergirl and a Greatest American Hero remake.

well I'd argue that there is no room for Iron Fist but okay I get your point:)
still all those properties are lucky enough that they come across as different genre, Supergirl and Greatest American Hero seem to share a similar genre slot (geeky girl, coming to terms with powers, assisted by government agency)

Remove ads