WotC “Atomic Arcade”— WotC’s New Digital Platform?

WotC has applied for a trademark for “Atomic Arcade”. The application was made late last month, and covers: Downloadable electronic games to be used in connection with computers, console gaming devices, and wireless devices Fantasy role playing games, board games, trading card games, and collectible toy figures Entertainment services, namely, providing online computer games and interactive...

WotC has applied for a trademark for “Atomic Arcade”. The application was made late last month, and covers:
  • Downloadable electronic games to be used in connection with computers, console gaming devices, and wireless devices
  • Fantasy role playing games, board games, trading card games, and collectible toy figures
  • Entertainment services, namely, providing online computer games and interactive multiplayer online computer games via a global network

1747059F-FBAE-4E84-ABA5-1472765AA3EC.jpeg

Earlier in the year, rumours spread regarding WotC’s plans for its own virtual tabletop platform (VTT) following a survey in which they gauged opinions and allegedly showed off graphically rich 3D screenshots.

D7AB56AE-A866-4333-9E26-3D96E3D7B751.jpeg

“TSDR” is the application’s status which reads:
LIVE/APPLICATION/Awaiting Examination
The trademark application has been accepted by the Office (has met the minimum filing requirements) and has not yet been assigned to an examiner.

New application will be assigned to an examining attorney approximately 6 months after filing date.

Hussar

Legend
Maybe this'll turn out like the last time Wizards promised a VTT D&D experience!
We could only hope. The WotC VTT was, while still in beta, one of the better VTT's of the time. Miles ahead of anything else out there. If they do the same thing as they did with DDI, you pay a single subscription per month to get the entire WotC library, VTT with modules already pre loaded, that'll be an instant sell for me.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Gleemax:

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
We could only hope. The WotC VTT was, while still in beta, one of the better VTT's of the time. Miles ahead of anything else out there. If they do the same thing as they did with DDI, you pay a single subscription per month to get the entire WotC library, VTT with modules already pre loaded, that'll be an instant sell for me.

I remember seeing it a con where they trying to debut it.

It crashed, and crashed, and crashed...

Hussar

Legend
Gleemax:

Those headlines are a tad misleading.

But, note, that's Gleemax, not DDI. The DDI went on for a few more years afterwards, as did the VTT. IIRC, the VTT was never actually part of Gleemax.

Hussar

Legend
I remember seeing it a con where they trying to debut it.

It crashed, and crashed, and crashed...
That was the original character builder. The actual virtual tabletop came out in 2010? 2011? Not long before 4e folded anyway. And it was a very, very good start to a VTT. All sorts of built in goodies and WAYYY ahead of anything else on the market at the time.

darjr

I crit!
Those headlines are a tad misleading.

But, note, that's Gleemax, not DDI. The DDI went on for a few more years afterwards, as did the VTT. IIRC, the VTT was never actually part of Gleemax.
There was a 3D vtt with 3D terrain and minis and etc, as part of the gleemaxx effort, I think.
It was beautiful. When it wasn’t crashing or taking out your computer

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
That was the original character builder. The actual virtual tabletop came out in 2010? 2011? Not long before 4e folded anyway. And it was a very, very good start to a VTT. All sorts of built in goodies and WAYYY ahead of anything else on the market at the time.

Why would the character builder crash? Definitely the VTT. With its customizable virtual 3d minis and all.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
There was a 3D vtt with 3D terrain and minis and etc, as part of the gleemaxx effort.
It was beautiful. When it wasn’t crashing or taking out your computer

I am YELLING both.

This is gleemax and VTT.

BUT there was also controversy with character builder. I had forgot about that, so we can also throw that in there.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads