1001 Villain Sayings/Threats

Privateer

First Post
Heretic Apostate said:

From the "How to be An Evil Overlord" list, right? :)

Hey, I can pay homage to the greats, can't I? :D

And actually, the Villain Design Handbook (or similar) from 2e had a villain whose daughter had died, crushing him, and he dismissed his horde of undead (yeah, like he couldn't have had her raised). I was thinking of that, not the Overlord list, at the time, but... darn subconscious. It's always there...

Back to your regularly scheduled evil, now...

Last edited:

"Shall we... dance?" (works best with a rapier, for some reason)

(Regarding some captured relation/friend/ally) "The look upon his/her face was priceless... You should see it. It's hanging on my wall."

"I'm not a religious man, I pray to no God. But if I were you, I would start."

"Don't feel so bad about dying today. The world ends tomorrow, anyhow."

"Before you begin, may I offer you a deal? If you pay the cost of a resurrection, I'll kill you twice."

I like these, a lot.

Last edited:

"And so, we meet again." (Even better if the party's never seen him before.)

That's good.

If there's a situation where the PC's have recovered a McGuffin from an early age, I'd reference that, especially if a PC resembles the ancient hero who used the McGuffin in days of yore.

For example, if Aragorn confronts the Witch-King of Angmar:

"And so, we meet again, Isildur. And this time, I am prepared for you."

Last edited:

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
"Today is the first day I will regret killing someone. But you won't know who. You'll be dead by then."

What is with all the massive thread necromancy recently?
Might have something to do with the 'Similar Threads' thingy at the bottom of the page. Several times now I've caught myself thinking those were new.

EvilestQueen

Villager
“Blood is thicker than water, but both transfer heat in the same way. Those who are cold-blooded will eventually find themselves dying in colder water.”
-Me, giving a quote to the final boss
I suppose this quote could also work for an anti-hero.

Remove ads