11th level Monster Conversions!

the Jester

Legend
WHEEP

A wheep is a horrific undead creature whose eyes have been torn out or nailed through. Foul black ichor seeps down the monster’s face and into its mouth, so that while it weeps and wails, the fluid causes its noises to emerge as a gurgling keen. A wheep is almost constantly weeping and sniffling, for it is in constant pain. Wheeps are easy to track, because the black fluid leaking from their eyes leaves a constant trail behind them.

WHEEP SERVITOR--- Level 11 Minion
Medium natural humanoid (blind, undead)--- XP 125
---
Initiative +9; Senses Perception +7; blindsight 12
Weeping Dirge (fear) aura 4; all living creatures in the aura suffer a -1 penalty to all attacks and defenses.
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion
AC 25; Fortitude 25; Reflex 25; Will 25
Vulnerable radiant 10
Speed 6
---
[Melee basic] Poisonous Claw (standard; at will) Poison: +16 vs. AC; 5 damage, plus ongoing 3 poison (save ends).
---
Alignment evil; Languages Common
Str 18; Dex 18; Wis 14
Con 14; Int 6; Cha 18

WHEEP ULULATOR--- Level 11 Artillery
Medium natural humanoid (blind, undead)--- XP 600
---
Initiative +9; Senses Perception +7; blindsight 12
Weeping Dirge (fear) aura 4; all living creatures in the aura suffer a -1 penalty to all attacks and defenses.
HP 86; Bloodied 43
Immune disease, poison; Vulnerable radiant 10
AC 23; Fortitude 23; Reflex 23; Will 25
Speed 6
---
[Melee basic] Poisonous Claw (standard; at will) Poison: +18 vs. AC; 1d8+5 damage, plus ongoing 5 poison (save ends).

[Ranged] Ululation of Despair (standard; at will) Psychic: Range 10; +16 vs. Will; 2d6+5 psychic damage.

[Close] Agonizing Scream (standard; only when bloodied; encounter) Psychic: Burst 5; attacks each creature in burst; +14 vs. Will; 4d8+5 psychic damage, and target is pushed 1 square.
---
Alignment evil; Languages Common
Str 18; Dex 18; Wis 14
Con 14; Int 6; Cha 23

the Jester

Legend
MIST
CRIMSON DEATH--- Level 18 Solo Lurker
Medium elemental animate (air)--- XP 10,000
---
Initiative +25; Senses Perception +18; blindsight 10
HP 670; Bloodied 335
AC 34; Fortitude 32; Reflex 32; Will 32 (but see Fat with Blood)
Resist insubstantial (but see Fat with Blood)
Saving Throws +5
Speed fly 10 (hover); maximum altitude 6
Action Points 2
---
[Melee basic] Blood-Draining Tendril of Mist (standard; at will): +21 vs. Reflex; 2d8+7 damage, and the crimson death gains 10 temporary hit points. (Unlike most effects that grant temporary hit points, temporary hit points gained by this ability stack with each other, as well as with those gained through the crimson death's Feed ability.)

[Melee] Lash of Mist (standard; at will): The crimson death makes two blood-draining tendril of mist attacks.

[Melee] Feed (standard; requires combat advantage; recharges when the crimson death runs out of temporary hit points): The crimson death shifts 3 into an enemy’s space and attacks that enemy: +21 vs. Fortitude; Hit: 4d10+7 damage plus ongoing 5 damage (save ends), and the crimson death gains 10 temporary hit points. (Unlike most effects that grant temporary hit points, temporary hit points gained by this ability stack with each other, as well as with those gained through the crimson death's Blood-Draining Tendril of Mist ability.)

[Ranged] Terrifying Visage (minor; at will): Range 6; +21 vs. Will; Hit: the target slides 4 and is weakened (save ends); Miss: the target is weakened until the end of its next turn.

Scarlet Vigor (immediate reaction; when hit by an attack; at will): The crimson death loses 10 temporary hit points and gains a +2 power bonus to one defense of its choice until the end of its next turn.

Lost in the Mist (move; at will): The crimson death shifts 10 and gains total concealment until the end of its next turn.

Fat with Blood: When the crimson death has at least 100 temporary hit points, all of its defenses go down by 2, and it becomes substantial.
---
Alignment evil; Languages understands Common
Skills Perception +18, Stealth +22
Str 22; Dex 26; Wis 19
Con 20; Int 18; Cha 22

Okay, so I got to use this guy last weekend. I ended up making two on-the-fly changes:

HP 470; Bloodied 235 (I dropped its hps by 200)
Fat with Blood (when the crimson death first has 30 temporary hit points): The crimson death’s defenses go down by 2, it becomes substantial and it deals an extra 1d12 points of damage with melee attacks. (This changed it so that it only needed to gain 30 temp hps over two rounds, an achievable goal, to trigger this ability. It then became much easier to damage, but also seriously increased its damage output. Even with this change, though, it was deep into the fight before it got its 30 temp hit points- from my notes I can see it took damage about 30 times before it finally managed to accumulate the temp hps necessary.

The on-the-fly modifications worked really well. The crimson death was tough to hurt- the combination of weakness and insubstantial is a bitch that I underrated when I wrote the initial version of the crimson death. With the 200 hps knocked off, though, I think it worked just about right for a solo monster- scary, then the pcs get a break (substantial!) that comes with a brick in the face (+1d12 damage on each melee hit).

the Jester

Legend
Here is my new updated-to-MM3-standards version of the howling abomination.

Notes: The aura looks nasty (and covers most of the battlefield), but AC is 1 point lower than expected, so that works out. Plus, immune to fear or to thunder will defeat the aura.

Cleaned up some stuff and made it a little easier to use too. Mostly just some polish on these guys.

HOWLING ABOMINATION
Source:
Creature Catalogue 2 (a 3rd party OGL product for 3e).

A howling abomination is a fearsome, unstable creature composed of great howling mouths and flailing tendrils. Though a howling abomination bears some superficial resemblance to a gibbering beast, it is of a completely separate, though equally alien, line.

Inscrutable: Although howling abominations are intelligent, they do not communicate. They can be summoned by rituals, but not controlled; once unleashed, they act on their own impulses, which usually seem to be to destroy but sometimes result in howling abominations remaining in a place as if to guard it or seeking out a strange item such as a wooden bowl.

Howling Abomination --- Level 11 Skirmisher
Large aberrant magical beast --- XP Value 600
HP 112; Bloodied 56 Initiative +11
AC 25; Fortitude 25; Reflex 23; Will 22 Perception +8
Speed fly 6 (hover), teleport 6 Blindsight 10

TRAITS
Frightful Howl (fear) * Aura 6

Enemies in the aura suffer a -2 penalty to attack rolls. Creatures that are immune to thunder are immune to this effect. Multiple frightful howls do not stack.

STANDARD ACTIONS
(mbasic) Focused Bite * At Will

Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +16 vs. AC.
Hit: 3d6+9 damage.

(m) Mass of Bites * At Will
Attack: Melee 1 (one, two or three creatures); +16 vs. AC.
Hit: 3d6+4 damage.

(m) Teleporting Attack (teleportation) * Recharge 4 5 6
Effect: The howling abomination teleports up to 6 squares and makes a mass of bites attack.

TRIGGERED ACTIONS
(close) Death Warp (teleportation) * Encounter

Trigger: The howling abomination drops to 0 hit points.
Attack (Free Action): Close burst 4 (creatures in burst); +14 vs. Will; 2d12+8 damage and the target is teleported 1d6 squares in a random direction.
Miss: The target teleports 1d3 squares in a random direction.
---
Str 23 Dex 18 Wis 17
Con 16 Int 9 Cha 14
Alignment chaotic evil Languages -

Howling Abomination Shifter --- Level 15 Controller
Large aberrant magical beast --- XP Value 1,200
HP 144; Bloodied 72 Initiative +12
AC 28; Fortitude 26; Reflex 25; Will 29 Perception +15
Speed fly 6 (hover), teleport 6 Blindsight 14

TRAITS
Frightful Howl (fear) * Aura 6

Enemies in the aura suffer a -2 penalty to attack rolls. Creatures that are immune to thunder are immune to this effect. Multiple frightful howls do not stack.

STANDARD ACTIONS
(mbasic) Focused Bite * At Will

Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +20 vs. AC.
Hit: 3d6+13 damage.

(m) Mass of Bites (teleportation) * At Will
Attack: Melee 1 (one, two or three creatures); +20 vs. AC.
Hit: 3d6+5 damage, and the howling abomination shifter teleports the target up to 6 squares.

MINOR ACTIONS
(area) Warp Zone (teleportation, zone) * Encounter

Attack: Area burst 2 within 20 (creatures in the burst); +18 vs. Will.
Hit: 3d8+5 damage and the howling abomination shifter teleports the target 3 squares.
Effect: The burst becomes a zone that lasts until the end of the howling abomination shifter's next turn. If a creature other than the howling abomination shifter starts its turn within the zone, the shifter may teleport it 3 squares.
Sustain Minor: The zone persists until the end of the howling abomination shifter's next turn.

TRIGGERED ACTIONS
(close) Death Warp (teleportation) * Encounter

Trigger: The howling abomination drops to 0 hit points.
Attack (Free Action): Close burst 4 (creatures in burst); +18 vs. Will; 3d12+7 damage and the target is teleported 1d10 squares in a random direction.
Miss: The target teleports 1d4 squares in a random direction.
---
Str 21 Dex 20 Wis 17
Con 16 Int 9 Cha 25
Alignment chaotic evil Languages -

Attachments

• Howling Abomination.pdf
    79.1 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
Here's my revised mustard jelly.

Notes: Modified defense, attack and damage values. The damage is a little high with the aura, but since a lot of it can be avoided with resistance or immunity to acid or poison, I think that's okay.

The Divide ability works well for making the jelly an elite (effectively giving it two turns and making it take twice the status effects to really screw it).

I changed the "eat arcane energy" power to "just eat force"- as it was, a low-damage wizard or bard had too much of a penalty, what with giving the jelly 10 temporary hit points for each attack. I considered making it "eat implement attacks" to keep some of the flavor, but in the end decided to stick with force alone.

EDIT: Oh, and I added "vile splash" to give this guy a little more interesting stuff to do. As it was, it was really just "divide then slam". This way it's more like "vile splash then divide then slam then, oh heck, vile splash a couple more times before getting back to the slams".

(I just realized that I need to add a line about when to consider the divided jelly bloodied, though. Should be fixed now.)

MUSTARD JELLY
Source:
2e Monstrous Manual.

A strain of ochre jelly altered in the lab by a mad wizard-alchemist, mustard jelly is usually smelt before it is seen. It gives of a strong odor quite similar to mustard, from which it gains its name. Those who get too close to a mustard jelly soon discover that its aroma is far more potent than they thought.

A Transformed Wizard? Some sages speculate that the original mustard jelly was not an altered ochre jelly, but rather a wizard who attempted to become a sort of ooze. Given the monster's strange ability to grow from force effects and its remarkable intelligence (for an ooze), it is clear that there is some kind of arcane origin for the things. According to this theory, every mustard jelly now alive is a partial remnant of the mad wizard and might even have inchoate memories left over from his life.

Mustard Jelly --- Level 11 Elite Brute
Large natural beast (blind, ooze) --- XP 1200
HP 256; Bloodied 128 Initiative +9
AC 23; Fortitude 27; Reflex 21; Will 23 Perception +9
Speed 5, climb 4 (spider climb) Tremorsense 10
Saving Throws +2; Action Points 1

TRAITS
Lethargic Vapors (poison) * Aura 4

Any creature that starts its turn in the aura takes 10 poison damage. Any creature that ends its turn in the aura is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Force Eater
If the mustard jelly takes force damage, it gains 10 temporary hit points.

Ooze
While squeezing, the ooze moves at full speed rather than half speed, it doesn't take the -5 penalty to attack rolls and it doesn't grant combat advantage for squeezing.

STANDARD ACTIONS
(mbasic) Slam (acid) * At Will

Hit: 1d6+9 damage plus 2d6 acid damage.

(close) Vile Splash (acid, poison) * Recharge when the mustard jelly uses divide or becomes bloodied
Attack: Close burst 2 (each creature in burst); +14 vs. Fortitude.
Hit: 2d10+7 acid and poison damage and the target is blinded (save ends).
Miss: The target is blinded until the start of its next turn.

MINOR ACTIONS
Divide * At Will

Requirement: The mustard jelly may not already be divided.
Effect: The mustard jelly splits into two medium-sized oozes that share all the characteristics of the original except for size. Each of the divided jellies has half the original's hit points and temporary hit points and is considered bloodied at 75 hit points. This effect lasts until the end of the encounter, at which point the jellies recombine.
---
Str 23 Dex 18 Wis 18
Con 18 Int 10 Cha 10
Alignment unaligned Languages understands Common

Attachments

• Mustard Jelly.pdf
    74.8 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
The revised wheep, updated to MM3/MV standards... pretty much entirely math fixes. I adjusted accuracy for the ululator's melee attack while I was at it. Also, tweaked defenses on the minion.

WHEEP
Source:
3e Libris Mortis.

A wheep is a horrific undead creature whose eyes have been torn out or nailed through. Foul black ichor seeps down the monster’s face and into its mouth, so that while it weeps and wails, the fluid causes its noises to emerge as a gurgling keen. A wheep is almost constantly weeping and sniffling, for it is in constant pain. Wheeps are easy to track, because the black fluid leaking from their eyes leaves a constant trail behind them. Many wheeps also have nails or spikes driven through their hands, feet, arms or legs.

Wheep Servitor --- Level 11 Minion Controller
Medium shadow humanoid (blind, undead) --- XP 125
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion Initiative +9
AC 25; Fortitude 23; Reflex 23; Will 23 Perception +7
Speed 6 Blindsight 12
Immune disease; Resist 10 necrotic, 10 poison

TRAITS
Weeping Dirge (fear) * Aura 4

Living creatures in the aura have a -1 penalty to attacks and defenses.

STANDARD ACTIONS
(mbasic) Poisonous Claw (poison) * At Will

Hit: 6 damage, plus ongoing 5 poison (save ends).
---
Str 18 Dex 18 Wis 14
Con 14 Int 6 Cha 18
Alignment evil Languages Common

Wheep Ululator --- Level 11 Artillery
Medium shadow humanoid (blind, undead) --- XP 600
HP 86; Bloodied 43 Initiative +9
AC 23; Fortitude 23; Reflex 23; Will 25 Perception +7
Speed 6 Blindsight 12
Immune disease; Resist 10 necrotic, 10 poison; Vulnerable 10 radiant

TRAITS
Weeping Dirge (fear) * Aura 4

Living creatures in the aura have a -1 penalty to attacks and defenses.

STANDARD ACTIONS
(mbasic) Poisonous Claw (poison) * At Will

Hit: 2d8+3 damage plus ongoing 10 poison damage (save ends).

(ranged) Ululation of Despair (psychic) * At Will
Attack: Range 10 (one creature); +16 vs. Will.
Hit: 3d6+9 psychic damage.

(close) Agonizing Scream (psychic) * Encounter
Requirement: The wheep ululator must be bloodied.
Attack: Close burst 5 (creatures in burst); +15 vs. Will.
Hit: 3d8+4 psychic damage and the target is pushed 1 square.
---
Str 18 Dex 18 Wis 14
Con 14 Int 6 Cha 23
Alignment evil Languages Common

Attachments

• Wheep.pdf
    72.5 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
Notes on the updated ulgurstasta: This one is a bit of a mess, the spread of levels is too wide. You can't really use these guys together. That needs fixing, though I'm trying to avoid such major rewrites. *Ponder* I suspect that this entry may take longer than most of the others, even ignoring the fact that it has four versions anyhow.

I may just have to add more of them at various levels- perhaps minions? I may not get this one done until after the 4th of July, we'll see.

Anyhow:

1. Changed their origin to "shadow". Changed their aura so it activates when they are bloodied and deals automatic damage.

2. The maggot: Added a mark to the bite and updated the math on things a bit. (The mark is to make it more soldiery.)

3. The thinker: I combined "necromantic acid" with "necrotic goo", making it just one power and one that can be used more often (up the control!) and switched frightful glare to a minor action 1/round.

4. The priest: More substantial changes here; cleaned up Zone of Worms and revised its recharge condition, prettied up the math, etc. Again, I used the necrotic goo/necromantic acid combo meal.

More to come, but I'm going to take a break. I do need to add some more options for the higher level guys- maybe another minion variety in the low-mid 20s and a swarm or something?

EDIT: OK, I'm back at it.

5. The Elder Ulgurstasta- UGH! This guy is basically a leveled up priest. Needs more uniqueness. I'm changing and combining and I hope you like it. Among other things, I am making its necromantic acid a high-damage reaction upon becoming bloodied; making spit bones much more controlly (and likewise changing its strike of Kyuss to be a better debuffer); etc.

Also I've added several new varieties here.

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
ULGURSTASTA
Source:
3e Fiend Folio.

Horrific undead maggot-like worms of immense size, ulgurstasta are terrifying monstrosities spawned by the vile demigod Kyuss in the time of his greatest strength. While newly-made, they are not too intelligent, but they absorb portions of the knowledge of the creatures they devour. Thus, as an ulgurstasta becomes older, it becomes more intelligent- and more dangerous.

Ulgurstasta Maggot --- Level 11 Soldier
Huge shadow beast (undead) --- XP 600
HP 113; Bloodied 56 Initiative +8
AC 27; Fortitude 25; Reflex 22; Will 23 Perception +9
Speed 8 Darkvision
Immune disease, poison; Resist 15 cold, 15 necrotic; Vulnerable 10 radiant

TRAITS
Lashing Tendrils * Aura 2

While the ulgurstasta is bloodied, tiny, wire-like hairs emerge from its pores and lash about, giving it resist 5 against ranged attacks. While the ulgurstasta is bloodied, each enemy that starts its turn in the aura takes 10 damage.

STANDARD ACTIONS
(mbasic) Bite (necrotic) * At Will

Attack: Melee 2 (one creature); +16 vs. AC.
Hit: 2d6+5 damage, plus ongoing 10 necrotic damage and the target is marked (save ends both).

(close) Necromantic Acid (acid, necrotic) * Enounter
Attack: Close blast 6 (creatures in blast); +14 vs. Reflex.
Hit: 2d8+5 acid and necrotic damage, plus ongoing 15 acid and necrotic damage (save ends).
---
Str 22 Dex 16 Wis 18
Con 17 Int 3 Cha 18
Alignment chaotic evil Languages understands Common

Ulgurstasta Thinker --- Level 16 Controller
Huge shadow beast (undead) --- XP 1,400
HP 154; Bloodied 77 Initiative +13
AC 30; Fortitude 30; Reflex 28; Will 28 Perception +13
Speed 8 Darkvision

TRAITS

While the ulgurstasta is bloodied, tiny, wire-like hairs emerge from its pores and lash about, giving it resist 5 against ranged attacks. While the ulgurstasta is bloodied, each enemy that starts its turn in the aura takes 10 damage.

STANDARD ACTIONS

Attack: Melee 2 (one creature); +21 vs. AC.
Hit: 2d6+10 damage, plus ongoing 10 necrotic damage and the target is marked (save ends both).

(close) Necromantic Acid (acid, necrotic) * Recharge 4 5 6
Attack: Close blast 6 (creatures in blast); +18 vs. Reflex.
Hit: 2d6+5 acid and necrotic damage, plus ongoing 15 acid and necrotic damage and the target is immobilized (save ends both).
Miss: Half damage and the target is slowed (save ends).

MINOR ACTIONS
(ranged) Frightful Glare (fear) * At Will 1/round

Attack: Range 10 (one creature); +19 vs. Will.
Hit: The ulgurstasta slides the target 3 squares and the target is dazed until the end of the ulgurstasta thinker's next turn.
---
Skills History +13, Religion +13
Str 25 Dex 21 Wis 21
Con 20 Int 10 Cha 21
Alignment chaotic evil Languages Common

Rotting Ulgurstasta --- Level 16 Minion Controller
Huge shadow beast (undead) XP 350
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion Initiative +13
AC 30; Fortitude 30; Reflex 28; Will 28 Perception +13
Speed 8 Darkvision
Immune disease, poison; Resist 15 cold, 15 necrotic, 10 against ranged attacks

STANDARD ACTIONS
(mbasic) Rotting Bite (necrotic) * At Will

Attack: Melee 2 (one creature); +21 vs. AC.
Hit: 8 necrotic damage plus ongoing 5 necrotic (save ends). If the target is already taking ongoing necrotic damage, that ongoing necrotic damage instead increases by 2.

TRIGGERED ACTIONS
Foul Burst (necrotic, zone) * Encounter

Trigger: The rotting ulgurstasta drops to 0 hit points.
Effect (No Action): The rotting ulgurstasta's body becomes a zone of rotting flesh that lasts until the end of the encounter. Living creatures treat the area as difficult terrain, and if a living creature enters or starts its turn in the zone, it suffers a -2 penalty to saving throws until the start of its next turn.
---
Str 25 Dex 21 Wis 21
Con 15 Int 4 Cha 14
Alignment chaotic evil Languages understands Common

Ulgurstasta Priest --- Level 23 Controller
Huge shadow beast (undead) --- XP 5,100
HP 216; Bloodied 108 Initiative +16
AC 37; Fortitude 35; Reflex 35; Will 37 Perception +25
Speed 8 Darkvision

TRAITS

While the ulgurstasta is bloodied, tiny, wire-like hairs emerge from its pores and lash about, giving it resist 10 against ranged attacks. While the ulgurstasta is bloodied, each enemy that starts its turn in the aura takes 15 damage.

STANDARD ACTIONS

Attack: Melee 2 (one creature); +28 vs. AC.
Hit: 3d8+10 damage, plus ongoing 15 necrotic damage (save ends).

(ranged) Malevolence of Kyuss (psychic) * Recharge when the ulgurstasta priest takes radiant damage
Attack: Range 10 (one creature); +26 vs. Will.
Hit: 5d6+17 psychic damage and the target is weakened (save ends).

(close) Necromantic Acid (acid, necrotic) * Recharge 4 5 6
Attack: Close blast 6 (creatures in blast); +26 vs. Reflex.
Hit: 2d6+5 acid and necrotic damage, plus ongoing 20 acid and necrotic damage and the target is immobilized (save ends both).
Miss: Half damage and the target takes ongoing 10 acid and necrotic damage and is slowed (save ends both).

MINOR ACTIONS
(area) Zone of Worms (zone) * Recharge when the ulgurstasta priest becomes bloodied

Effect: Area burst 2 within 20; the burst becomes a zone of churning worms. Living creatures treat the zone as difficult terrain. A living creature takes 5 points of damage each time it enters a square in the zone. The zone lasts until the end of the ulgurstasta priest's next turn.
---
Skills Arcana +23, History +23, Religion +23
Str 25 Dex 21 Wis 29
Con 24 Int 24 Cha 28
Alignment chaotic evil Languages Common, Deep Speech

Ulgurstasta Crawler --- Level 23 Minion Skirmisher
Huge shadow beast (undead) --- XP 1,275
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion Initiative +16
AC 37; Fortitude 35; Reflex 35; Will 35 Perception +20
Speed 8 Darkvision
Immune disease, poison; Resist 20 cold, 20 necrotic, 15 against ranged attacks

STANDARD ACTIONS

Attack: Melee 2 (one creature); +28 vs. AC.
Hit: 15 necrotic damage and the ulgurstasta crawler shifts 4 squares.
---
Str 25 Dex 21 Wis 29
Con 24 Int 24 Cha 28

Ulgurstasta Swarm --- Level 28 Brute
Gargantuan shadow beast (swarm, undead) --- XP 13,000
HP 319; Bloodied 159 Initiative +17
AC 40; Fortitude 40; Reflex 40; Will 42 Perception +22
Speed 8 Darkvision
Immune disease, poison; Resist 20 cold, 20 necrotic, half damage from melee and ranged attack; Vulnerable 15 radiant, 20 against close and area attacks

TRAITS
Enormous

An ulgurstasta swarm takes up a 6 x 6 square space.

Tiny, wire-like hairs lash about the swarm, giving it resist 15 against ranged attacks. Creatures in the aura are slowed.

Thrashing Swarm of Doom * Aura 3
Each creature that starts its turn in the aura takes 15 points of damage and loses resist and immunity to acid and necrotic.

STANDARD ACTIONS
(mbasic) A Maw from the Mass * At Will

Attack: Melee 2 (one creature); +33 vs. AC.
Hit: 5d8+8 damage.

(close) Swarm Attack * At Will
Attack: Close burst 3 (enemies in burst); +31 vs. AC.
Hit: 3d6+10 damage.

(close) Worms' Vomit (acid, necrotic) * Recharge 6

Attack: Close blast 5 (creatures in burst); +29 vs. Reflex.
Hit: 3d10+6 acid and necrotic damage.
---
Str 30 Dex 16 Wis 26
Con 29 Int 26 Cha 23

Elder Ulgurstasta --- Level 29 Controller
Gargantuan shadow beast (undead) --- XP 15,000
HP 266; Bloodied 133 Initiative +21
AC 43; Fortitude 41; Reflex 40; Will 44 Perception +28
Speed 8 Darkvision
Immune disease, poison; Resist 20 cold, 20 necrotic; Vulnerable 15 radiant

TRAITS
Lashing Tendrils * Aura 3

While the ulgurstasta is bloodied, tiny, wire-like hairs emerge from its pores and lash about, giving it resist 15 against ranged attacks. While the ulgurstasta is bloodied, each enemy that starts its turn in the aura takes 20 damage.

STANDARD ACTIONS

Attack: Melee 2 (one creature); +34 vs. AC.
Hit: 4d8+10 damage, plus ongoing 20 necrotic damage (save ends).

(melee) Bite of Kyuss (necrotic) * Recharge when first bloodied
Attack: Melee 2 (one creature); +32 vs. Fortitude.
Hit: 3d12+18 necrotic damage, and the target is affected by Kyuss' displeasure (save ends). While affected by Kyuss' displeasure, the target is weakened, and any enemy of the elder ulgurstasta that starts its turn adjacent to the target is weakened until the start of the creature's next turn.

(ranged) Spit Bones * At Will
Attack: Range 15 (one creature); +32 vs. Reflex.

Hit: 4d8+19 damage, and the target is immobilized (save ends).
Miss: Half damage and the target is slowed (save ends).
Effect: Each creature adjacent to the target is slowed until the end of the elder ulgurstasta's next turn.

TRIGGERED ACTIONS
(close) Necromantic Acid (acid, necrotic) * Encounter

Trigger: The elder ulgurstasta becomes bloodied.
Attack (Immediate Reaction): Close blast 5 (creatures in blast); +30 vs. Reflex.
Hit: 5d10+15 acid and necrotic damage, and the target falls prone.
---
Skills Arcana +28, History +31, Religion +28
Str 32 Dex 25 Wis 28
Con 26 Int 28 Cha 30

Attachments

• Ulgurstasta.pdf
    93.4 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
TURTLE
Source:
1e Monster Manual (giant sea turtle, giant snapping turtle), 3e Sandstorm (dire tortoise).

While most turtles are inoffensive and nonthreatening creatures, there are a number of monstrous species that are carnivorous and willing to hunt humanoid prey. Others are dangerous when disturbed or annoyed. While most turtles are ponderous and slow, there are a few exceptions.

Giant Snapping Turtle --- Level 11 Brute
Huge natural beast (reptile) --- XP 600
HP 143; Bloodied 71 Initiative +9
AC 25; Fortitude 24; Reflex 20; Will 23 Perception +8
Speed 4, swim 6

TRAITS
Like a Rock

While the turtle is immobilized, it gains a +4 bonus to all defenses.

STANDARD ACTIONS
(mbasic) Bite * At Will

Attack: Melee 2 (one creature); +16 vs. AC.
Hit: 4d6+5 damage.

(melee) Snap * At Will
Attack: Melee 2 (one creature); +16 vs. AC. This attack scores a critical hit on a 19-20.
Hit: 4d6+10 damage plus ongoing 5 damage (save ends). On a critical hit, this attack deals 3d6+34 damage and gains +1d10 bonus to critical severity.

TRIGGERED ACTIONS
Into the Shell * Recharges when the turtle becomes bloodied or suffers a critical hit

Trigger: The turtle is hit by an attack.
Effect (Immediate Interrupt): The turtle takes half damage from the triggering attack and is immobilized until the end of its next turn.
---
Skills Endurance +16
Str 23 Dex 18 Wis 16
Con 23 Int 2 Cha 8
Alignment unaligned Languages -

Giant Sea Turtle --- Level 14 Soldier
Huge natural beast (reptile) --- XP Value
HP 143; Bloodied 71 Initiative +10
AC 30; Fortitude 28; Reflex 23; Will 26 Perception +9
Speed 5 (clumsy), swim 7

TRAITS
Like a Rock

While the turtle is immobilized, it gains a +4 bonus to all defenses.

STANDARD ACTIONS
(mbasic) Bite * At Will

Attack: Melee 2 (one creature); +19 vs. AC.
Hit: 3d6+12 damage, and the giant sea turtle marks the target until the end of the turtle's next turn.

TRIGGERED ACTIONS
(melee) Grabbing Bite * At Will

Trigger: A creature marked by the turtle exits a square within 2 squares of the turtle.
Attack (Immediate Interrupt): Melee 2 (the triggering creature); +19 vs. AC.
Hit: 3d6+12 damage, and the target's movement ends.
---
Str 20 Dex 12 Wis 15
Con 23 Int 4 Cha 10

Dire Tortoise --- Level 18 Soldier
Large natural beast (reptile) --- XP 2,000
HP 175; Bloodied 87 Initiative +14
AC 34; Fortitude 32; Reflex 28; Will 30 Perception +15
Speed 4

TRAITS
Like a Rock

While the tortoise is immobilized, it gains a +4 bonus to all defenses.

STANDARD ACTIONS
(mbasic) Bite * At Will

Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +23 vs. AC.
Hit: 3d10+11 damage.

TRIGGERED ACTIONS
(melee) No Passage * At Will

Trigger: A creature leaves a square adjacent to the turtle.
Attack (Opportunity Action): Melee 2 (the triggering creature); +15 vs. AC.
Hit: 3d10+11 damage, the tortoise pulls the target 1 square and if the target was moving or shifting, that movement ends.

Surprising Swiftness * At Will
Trigger: The tortoise takes damage.
Effect (Immediate Reaction): The tortoise shifts up to 3 squares.

Into the Shell * Recharges when first bloodied
Trigger: The turtle is hit by an attack.
Effect (Free Action): The tortoise takes half damage from the triggering attack and is immobilized until the end of its next turn.
---
Str 26 Dex 16 Wis 22
Con 23 Int 2 Cha 7

Attachments

• turtle.pdf
    81.5 KB · Views: 147

Remove ads