D&D 5E 20th level Sorcerer vs the world

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Mind Blank
"The spell even foils wish Spells and Spells or Effects of similar power used to affect the target's mind"

Feeblemind
You blast the mind of a creature
The Wish spell didn't target your mind. It targeted your body. The 9th-level Dispel Magic nuked the Mind Blank. The Feeblemind Nuked what passed for the Sorcerer's mind.

Buh-bye.

It's about as non-abusive a Wish as can exist outside of the boring replicating-a-spell stuff.

I would 100% allow it in a game I was running, if the PC/s could be at least as specific as I was.

What do the other people on the thread--most of whom DM at least some, I'll bet--think about it?

Incurring the 1 in 3 risk and other penalties in order to cast something very similar to another 9th level spell with this 9th level spell is pretty damned fair. And in this case it serves the purpose of getting the principals in the same room for the fight, so the DM in me doubly approves.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Yes. I could adjudicate a crawford-compliant match at some point, but Hohige is fervently against Crawford's rulings.
Mostly because dispelling his twinned Simulacrum would remove both of them, since it's still a single spell affecting an additional target.
I ... wasn't aware of that. Then again, the players I'm DMing for aren't into SimCheese.

And I'm working on a homebrew version for my campaigns, just to ... at least much reduce the cheese.

Hohige

Explorer
The Wish spell didn't target your mind. It targeted your body. The 9th-level Dispel Magic nuked the Mind Blank. The Feeblemind Nuked what passed for the Sorcerer's mind.

Buh-bye.
I am completely disappointed. This whole fight was. Wish DM fiat and still failed.

Your Simulacrum is dead. Unfortunelly.
It's DM fiat wishing
The Wizard never rolled initiative.

And Still failed, Simulacrum's Greater Restoration :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Hohige

Explorer
I wasted my time, for the fight to be deep.
"Wish: DM, help me"
And yet fail miserably.

Look at the scene of this "Wish: DM help me" fight

You are facing an assassin, a stealthy sorcerer.
Your Simulacrum is dead.

This is going to be a tragic death for the Wizard.

Remove ads