D&D 5E 20th level Sorcerer vs the world

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Well, your Simulacrum is dead.
You cannot use Wish DM fiat.
Your Feeblemind failed, because it doesn't work against Mind Blanked and creatures you can't see.
And Sorcerer's Simulacrum has a Greater Restoration spell that counter Feeblemind.
Read the sequence of declarations, and allow the DM to rule, or admit defeat.

Hohige

Explorer
In the combat as run the Diviner was ambushed on the road, and someone attacked the Sanctum Complex. I don't see how you can see that as not a threat.

You just rolled the initiative (in this case not, because you didn't see any hostile action), and teleported.
You saw absolutely nothing.
Up front, all you see now is a assassin and the sorcerer simulacrum killing you.
The only one entitled to take the initiative was his Simulacrum who saw his sanctum be destroyed. You had no right of initiative.

I have been DM'ing for 40 years, I have screwed over PC's for poorly worded wishes, your wish was one of the better ones I have seen. @Galandris applied all the detrimental effects of using such a wish, I see no problems.

Hohige

Explorer
You chose. You said in post #1,320, when prabe asked to clarify what traps the assassin was checking for:

Of course, as it was clearly stated that Wizard was on the road away from the 2 Sims in the Sanctum for some reason, the sorcerer needed to be with the wizard to actually cast dispels on him as you claimed.

You never mentionned purple worm before. That would be DM fiat and break the rule of no magical items. Besides, you never mentionned casting freezing spheres in this fight.

THe simulacrum escapes, provided the sanctum wasn't blocking teleportation. Not that Dimension Door doesn't allow carrying other creatures, so the sorcerer stays in the sanctum.
Everything you said is wrong. all

Dimension Door.
"You can also bring one willing creature of your size or smaller"

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I have been DM'ing for 40 years, I have screwed over PC's for poorly worded wishes, your wish was one of the bteer ones I have seen. @Galandris applied all the detrimental effects of using such a wish, I see no problems.
As I said, I very much mostly DM. I know how to screw players, and I know some ways to mitigate that. Wish is notorious, and the ways to mitigate it are ... relatively straightforward.

Crawford does have some things to say about febblmind and mind blank. Might be some merit there

Yes. I could adjudicate a crawford-compliant match at some point, but Hohige is fervently against Crawford's rulings.
Mostly because dispelling his twinned Simulacrum would remove both of them, since it's still a single spell affecting an additional target.

Remove ads