• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 20th level Sorcerer vs the world

Hohige

Explorer
I declared I was using a portent to make the die roll a 2, triggering the Trance of Order.

He fails.
That was the funniest duel. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
1) I was forced to separate my group by the DM. And worse, they chose how to divide my group. And even worse, it was decided where I am.
2) Wizard's Simulacrum with 60 HP survived 2 attacks with Freezing Sphere and Death Strike with Purple Worm
3) We return to Wish/Divine Intervention Fiat again.
4) Failed because the Sorcerer Simulacrum uses Subtle Dimention + Greater restoration

Hohige

Explorer
Wish Spell: Please, DM.

"Separate his group please and make someone I have never seen and I don't even know what the threat is to teleport in front of me."

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Wish Spell: Please, DM.

"Separate his group please and make someone I have never seen and I don't even know what the threat is to teleport in front of me."
In the combat as run the Diviner was ambushed on the road, and someone attacked the Sanctum Complex. I don't see how you can see that as not a threat.

Hohige

Explorer
Which is an improvement on 13 ... how, exactly?

Well, your Simulacrum is dead.
You cannot use Wish DM fiat.
Your Feeblemind failed, because it doesn't work against Mind Blanked and creatures you can't see.
And Sorcerer's Simulacrum has a Greater Restoration spell that counter Feeblemind.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
3) We return to Wish/Divine Intervention Fiat again.
You persist in complaining about the Wish.

As I said, I'd 100% allow a PC in a campaign I was running, who could be at least as specific as I was, to use wish to do that exact thing.

Other DMs care to chime in?

That was the funniest duel. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
1) I was forced to separate my group by the DM. And worse, they chose how to divide my group

You chose. You said in post #1,320, when prabe asked to clarify what traps the assassin was checking for:

prabe said:

Is this on the road, or are you attacking the sanctum?
Attacking the Sanctum, that you can't see out.

Of course, as it was clearly stated that Wizard was on the road away from the 2 Sims in the Sanctum for some reason, the sorcerer needed to be with the wizard to actually cast dispels on him as you claimed.

2) Wizard's Simulacrum with 60 HP survived 2 attacks with Freezing Sphere and Death Strike with Purple Worm
You never mentionned purple worm before. That would be DM fiat and break the rule of no magical items. Besides, you never mentionned casting freezing spheres in this fight.

4) Failed because the Sorcerer Simulacrum uses Subtle Dimention + Greater restoration

THe simulacrum escapes, provided the sanctum wasn't blocking teleportation. Not that Dimension Door doesn't allow carrying other creatures, so the sorcerer stays in the sanctum.

Remove ads