• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 20th level Sorcerer vs the world

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
You are cheating as expected. Multiple times.
Only if by "cheating" you mean "applying the rules."

The fact is, as pretty much everyone in this thread has told you--something close to ad infinitum and definitely ad nauseum--the rules are not what you think they are; in fact, in many instances they are exactly the opposite of what you think they are.

Hohige

Explorer
I've given you a significant ruling in your favor after it was proven to me you were right. Now you want to create a loophole in the "charmed" condition in your favor which I have never given anyone and retroactively order your Sim to do something.

If you want to order your Sim to do something to hurt the Yuan Ti who's charmed you, you have to end the charmed condition on yourself somehow. It's that simple. Are you able to do this?
You are just cheating, creating rules, changing Yuan-ti actions, etc , but lets continuous. It's fun.

OK, you both cast Etherealness. I rolled a 9 for your WIS save against Crown of Madness but, thanks to your Trance of Order, that is boosted to a 10. With your -1 bonus to WIS saves, it appears you are still charmed.

The Wizard may now take his turn. One Yuan-Ti is plummeting toward the ground, about 150 feet up. You both just saw the Sorcs disappear.

Hohige

Explorer
OK, you both cast Etherealness. I rolled a 9 for your WIS save against Crown of Madness but, thanks to your Trance of Order, that is boosted to a 10. With your -1 bonus to WIS saves, it appears you are still charmed.
Concentration check and Damage on Pegasus and Yuan-ti Sorcerer.
Empowered Horrid Wilding.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Concentration check and Damage on Pegasus and Yuan-ti Sorcerer.
Empowered Horrid Wilding.
I don't believe Etherealness does damage, and since you are charmed, neither of you can cast Horrid Wilting.

With this DM, I'm surprised how rocks haven't fallen yet.

With many it would have happened after a few complaints like this. With many others it would have happened when, after rules lawyering in seemingly bad faith literally everything you were unhappy about ad nauseum you addressed this chestnut at the DM!:

Accept defeat.

Which just... wow.

Fortunately you seem to have found a DM who, like most good ones, generally refrains from killing characters for the disrespectful behavior of the player controlling them.

Remove ads