D&D 5E 20th level Sorcerer vs the world

Zio_the_dark

The dark one :)
If the Sorcerer doesn't fight 20 hours, He regains 80 Sorcery Points, It's a lot.
If he doesn't fight, travel, etc... You're not resting if you're doing anything else than light activity

Edit: but in this case well good enough your demigod is unknow to everyone and do nothing everyday so there's no problem why would someone want to kill such a poor guy?

Hohige

Explorer
If he doesn't fight, travel, etc... You're not resting if you're doing anything else than light activity

Edit: but in this case well good enough your demigod is unknow to everyone and do nothing everyday so there's no problem why would someone want to kill such a poor guy?
If the Sorcerer is under Social encounter. He cast use a lot of Magical Guidance check.
It's the best class to manipule creatures. :giggle:

"A Short Rest is a period of downtime, at least 1 hour long, during which a character does nothing more strenuous than eating, drinking, reading, and tending to wounds."

Resting on the top of Pegasus is really cool.

If the sorcerer is on social encounter he's outside his mighty fortress....
Oh yeah, that has been established, the sorcerer is currently on his way to see Alfred. Don't think no one has noticed that the sorcerer is carefully avoiding any and all conflict with Binky. Frankly, it is starting to get embarrassing, I mean people are starting to talk and giggle about it behind his back.

OK, so the actual stat block when getting back from his Demiplane seems to be:

2 HP +30 HP during 16h + 24 temporary HP.

A 8th level spell slot.
A 7th level spell slot.
Two 6th level spell slots.

With DMM, Simulacrum and 6 Galven magens in the open. No mind blank (Wish was used to get back on the Material Plane from the Demiplane) so no twinning sorcery points used, but you could cast Extended Seeming for 1 SP, leaving you with 19. No Death Ward (Wish was used to allow you to get back from the Demiplane) as well.

Note that traveling incurs a CON check after 8 hours. It is therefore, by the rules, more strenuous than the sitting activities described. You can't rest while travelling (though you could say that you could rest on a stationary pegasus, which would be really bending the wording...). And that you had to accept that Simulacra work as RAI, not as RAW, because the alternative was to have Wish work as RAW as well, bypassing any requirement of the spell. And you elected, freely and without pressure, to follow RAI for spell wording, when clarified by the rule designer. [If not, then when we'll get to use Wish, which we might, it will bypass all spell requirements when duplicating a spell effect. Which is silly and as silly as imagining that Simulacra regain other sorts of expandable resources.

Last edited:

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
7th. I forgot Death Ward spell.
Ah, so not 62 hitpoints, but 57. Better and better.

Tactic is simple -- targeted 9th level dispel magic -- no death ward, 26 hitpoints, no warding bond (wait you forgot that one for your Sim!), no Aid. You get to keep the 24 temp from Leadership. If you suggest counterspell, well, that's going to be tough because I took metamagic adept (distant spell) and cast it from 120' away.
Everything has a Check against a DC or creature's insight. 30 is nearly impossible, as you see in the player's book.
Player's Handbook, page 4 -- the DM determines if a check is needed and also determines the outcomes. You cannot force a check and you cannot insist on an outcome. This idea is calling on the DM to help you, and so out of bounds by your own rules.

Ah, so not 62 hitpoints, but 57. Better and better.

Tactic is simple -- targeted 9th level dispel magic -- no death ward, 26 hitpoints, no warding bond (wait you forgot that one for your Sim!), no Aid. You get to keep the 24 temp from Leadership. If you suggest counterspell, well, that's going to be tough because I took metamagic adept (distant spell) and cast it from 120' away.
Player's Handbook, page 4 -- the DM determines if a check is needed and also determines the outcomes. You cannot force a check and you cannot insist on an outcome. This idea is calling on the DM to help you, and so out of bounds by your own rules.

I guess you'll then cast a spell that does 26 damage even on a failed save? I guess your build will be based on Evoker so you can just elect your 5th level and lower spells to be Overchannelled for maximum damage? Like an upcast fireball (a trusty spell, that one) for 60/30 damage over a wide area?

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
I guess you'll then cast a spell that does 26 damage even on a failed save? I guess your build will be based on Evoker so you can just elect your 5th level and lower spells to be Overchannelled for maximum damage? Like an upcast fireball (a trusty spell, that one) for 60/30 damage over a wide area?
Sounds reasonable. Of course, the wizard still has a 9th level slot available. There are options.

Remove ads