D&D 5E 20th level Sorcerer vs the world

Hohige

Explorer
How is soul not free to return? That's not a feature of disintegrate or finger of death. Both of them just kill the body.
The creature is a zombie that is under Control If Sorcerer. Its not free, unfortunely.

Last edited:

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
It is still better with incredible and reliable long range attacks
For the benefit of those of us who do not have every book at-hand, would you please list your Sorcerer's standard companions and their attacks for one round?
Range, Damage, Type, Attack bonus.
We need to know more than "1500 damage from 660 ft you die"

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Stealth casting is the unbeatiable trick and It can blast at 660 to still more power.
Stealth casting does not hide Material components. Choose your spells carefully or the INT 20 Wiz will wonder why you keep pulling things out of your pockets.

Let's recognize that the idea of trying to stealthily remove the buffs is a nice one. I think it would be easier to do that from Greater Invisibility, but anyway, kudoos to the OP for providing a strategy for this opponent! [I am totally serious in this compliment].

With regard to the initial rounds, I had identified, from the various posts, that the strategy was that

a) both the Sim and the original cast Dispel magic at the Wizard and his own Simulacrum until they are both spent of buffs.
b) the Drow Matron mother does something so far unspecified (but probably nothing as she isn't stealthy at all and wouldn't want to broadcast that an attack is underway...

When the dispel session have been running for long enough (probably 2 rounds to be sure no roll were missed), it's a combo of Wall of Force, a spel that can create a spherical sphere of force magic, impervious to damage except Desintegrate, that blocks moving physically through it, and Wished Dark Star, a spell that creates a sphere, up to 40 ft in radius, where no sound can exist, granting deafness and making it so no spell with a verbal component can be cast, filled with magical darkness. Any creature that enters the spell area of starts its turn inside must make a CON save or take 8d10 force damage. It lasts for 10 rounds (concentration).

The wall of force lasts for up to 10 minutes (Concentration).

If subtle dispel fail, you reroll with MAGICAL GUIDANCE its a reliable roll. The Bastion doesnt need upcast it. Just cast It again.
Also, Subtle Spells is hard to defeat.

I hadn't answered this part of the message so far, so here it is: provided your stealth
casting is a thing, you'd still need to cast Dispel a few rounds because if you insist that, barring visual clues, there is no way for the target to know if its spell have been dispelled, there is also no way for the sorcerer to know if its dispel magic worked. You'd need to dispell for 2 or even 3 rounds to be sure, wouldn't you?

Remove ads