• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5 Endurance feat ??????

ThomasBJJ

First Post
I read in the new Dragon mag (and a few other places) that in D&D 3.5, the Endurance feat will now also allow a character to sleep in Light or Medium armor without being fatigued the next day. (Fatigue = -2 Str & Dex, cannot run or charge).
This sounds nice... but, looking thru the 3.0 PHB, it says that any character that sleeps in armor with an Armor Check penalty of -5 or greater is fatigued the next day.
Checking the Armor table, out of all the Light and Medium Armor, only Chainmail has a -5 Armor Check penalty. ALL other armor types that are -5 or greater are Heavy Armor.

...so, essentially, all this addition to the feat does is allow characters with Chainmail to sleep in armor?

Paladin

Explorer
The Endurance feat will now give +4 on all checks for: Swim checks, Forced March checks, Starvation and Thirst checks, Hot and Cold environment checks, and suffocation checks against non-Lethal damage, +4 on checks to continue running, and you may sleep in Light or Medium armor without becoming fatigued.

ThomasBJJ

First Post
"and you can sleep in Light or Medium armor without being fatigued"

But my point is, you ALREADY CAN sleep in Light or Medium armor without being fatigued without this feat, with the exception of Chainmail Armor. (in 3.0 D&D)

...Unless the rules for sleeping in armor have changed in 3.5...

Felon

First Post
Paladin said:
The Endurance feat will now give +4 on all checks for: Swim checks, Forced March checks, Starvation and Thirst checks, Hot and Cold environment checks, and suffocation checks against non-Lethal damage, +4 on checks to continue running, and you may sleep in Light or Medium armor without becoming fatigued.

lol...Hey, Wotc, here's a thought: instead of giving us a feat that grants a bonus to a half-dozen or so different Con checks, just make the darn thing a Con-based skill! Oh, and give it a synergy bonus for Swim.

Something to consider for D&D 4.0 (you heard it here first!). In the meantime, I think I smell a house rule? :)

Last edited:

Remove ads