• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[3.5] [IC] Hall of the Dwarven Lord

Leif

Adventurer
Rayverim Thanderghast

Ray makes a mighty swing with his Greataxe at the nearest hobgoblin.

1d20+6=14, 1d12+3=15

OOC: That's in a gray area, so I don't know if it hits or not. If it does, it's almost surely a kill, so if there's another foe within reach, Ray will get a cleave attack again, but the follow-up is a clear miss: 1d20+6=9, 1d12+2=11 .

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Dagger concentrates on trying to take down the nearest goblin. His first thrust misses, but he scores a shallow wound with the second.

full att 11 to miss; 21 to hit, 1 dam

Walking Dad

First Post
Finished!

Round 7
The goblin attacking Dagger isn't able to take revenge to the rogue.
Same goes for the bigger goblionid attacking Ray.
But Baldor feels a crunching blow on his right shoulder, the hobgoblin sneers.
Rayverim attacks his opponent again, cleaving into his upper body.
Baldor grunts under the impact, his shield arm too slow to catch the weapon. He realizes he may be a bit rusty, but vows to do better, for his kinsmen. With another gruff shout he slams his morningstar down on his enemy's head. He will never move again.
But Dagger only skewers the air around his foe, one sword to each side.

[sblock=ooc]
H3, H2, Goblin (reduce damage by 1) (1d20=19, 1d8=3, 1d20=8, 1d8=4, 1d20=12, 1d8=8)

[sblock=Initiative]
Goblins 21
- Hobgoblins
- Ray
Baldor 9
Dagger 5

[/sblock]

[sblock=HP and Conditions]
H3 dead
Goblin 3 down
G4 -1
H1 down
G1 down
H2 down

Ray 12 / 16
Dagger 9 / 9
Baldor 12 / 16

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Rayverim "Ray" Thanderghast, Human Fighter2, AC17, hp12/16, G.Axe+6, 1-12+2 dam,x3C

[sblock=OOC for WD]I'm confused. You state attacks for two hobgoblins in your most recent post, but the status block in that same post only shows one hobgoblin still standing. Have I read something wrong?[/sblock]

Rayverim attacks his opponent again:
striking this time (17) for 8 hp damage! 1d20+6=17, 1d12+2=8

If that drops his foe, here is Ray's Cleave Attack:
attack = 26, damage = 8 1d20+6=26, 1d12+2=8

That cleave attack is a narutal twenty, and a great axe does x3 damage on a crit, so here are the additional 2d12 for the crit damage: 15 2d12=15

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Pc's actions, please.

Round 8
The only remaining goblin tries to flee.

[sblock=ooc]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1991712/Need AoO from Dagger and Baldor (against the goblin)

[sblock=Initiative]
Goblins 21
- Hobgoblins
- Ray
Baldor 9
Dagger 5

[/sblock]

[sblock=HP and Conditions]
H3 dead
Goblin 3 down
G4 -1
H1 down
G1 down
H2 down

Ray 12 / 16
Dagger 9 / 9
Baldor 12 / 16

[/sblock][/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Dagger attempts to strike down the fleeing goblin, but misses. (ooc: I think; 13 to hit, 6 dam)

If the goblin gets away from Baldor, Dagger will pursue, intent on stopping the goblin from raising the alarm.

Remove ads