• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3 party members killed!

bitterman

First Post
Energy Transformation Field its from MoF its a bit of a spell soaker every level of spell cast in it is added to the trigger spell and doesn't go off...so if you had fireball as the trigger spell it would go off every time 3 levels of spells was cast in the area and set it off...sorry if this post is a bit all over drunk way to much and trying to help people is not something I'm good at...lol sorry guys some one else will do a better job of helping you I'm sure.

James McMurray

First Post
Victim, you're a genius. :)

Bass Puppet: What item would you suggest? She'll have about 14,000 gold. That's not a very nice item, but its a few good spells.

James McMurray

First Post
bitterman: That sounds nasty, but I don't have Magic of Faerun. And since the game is in Greyhawk, I don't allow forgotten Realms things in unless they've been reprinted in another book that isn't FR only.

James McMurray

First Post
Ds Da Man: While I rspect your opinion, I don't think that's conducive to a discussion on necromancer tactics. Anyone else got a few ideas to help me tear my party a new one in the coming game?

clockworkjoe

First Post
I don't get why anyone would think that this is a bad campaign. He's certainly not coddling players. He is making villains as dangerous as they should be.

As for the necromancer: Mordenkain's (?) Disjunction on the players or Antimagic shell centered around them, followed by HORDE of level draining undead in small enclosed area.

Ow.

reapersaurus

Explorer
Last edited:

Cloudgatherer

First Post
While not a necromancer spell, you could use a forbiddance spell to seal of an area from teleportation (to trap your players in or keep them out of somewhere). Hire a cleric to do it (all you need is an 11th level one). Or hell, charm/dominate a cleric to do it if you want to go for evil.

reapersaurus

Explorer
James: when looking for a different thread into The Book of Eldritch Might, I saw these for your situation:

Glass Rose: The elegantly made glass rose is quite
fragile. A character holding it cannot be scried, nor
can anyone detect her thoughts. 15,000

Teleport Block
Abjuration
Level: Sor/Wiz 5
You create an area in which no teleportation spell
will work, either coming in or going out.

Teleport Redirect
Evocation [Teleportation]
Level: Sor/Wiz 5
If any teleportation subtype spell is cast within the
radius of this spell, the destination of the teleport
spell is redirected to a location you chose at the time
of casting teleport redirect. For example, you cast tele-port
redirect in a king’s throne room with a prison cell
as a destination. Now, if a hamatula in the throne
room attempts to use its teleport without error abil-ity,
it ends up in the cell.

You should probably pick up this book - i think you'd like it.

James McMurray

First Post
I have the BoEM. Unfortunately, those spells are fairly low-level (at least the teleport redirect one). and the glass rose is nowhere near as cost effective as Mind Blank.

I'm downloading those parodies now. :)

Remove ads