• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3DO Deathkeep

EP

First Post
Oh God, does it really have to suck this bad?

I just picked up the 3DO about a month ago on eBay for two reasons: Road Rage (the only true version the game, complete with urinating dogs and beer bottles) and Slayer. When I was first waiting for my bid to win, I caught sight of Deathkeep. Never heard of it, but it was also a D&D game from SSI and picked it up for the hell of it.

Just to give you an idea of how BAD it sucks, behold the intro:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2ZKhaexa4E]YouTube - AD&D DeathKeep (3DO) - Game Play[/ame]

Anyone have any idea on where and when you can save a game around here. If my failure becomes complete one more time, this thing is going to balance my couch.

Felon

First Post
That did indeed look painful.

Never heard of a game called Road Rage. Do you mean Road Rash?

Last edited:

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer
I watched the whole thing and I want my 7 minutes and 47 seconds back! The narrator in the beginning (whom I assume is a necromancer) was soooooo scary! I can't believe we haven't heard his voice in other games. :D And the music... I think it was composed on a Casio keyboard.

According to everything I've read this came out in 1995. There are cheats by the wy but I couldn't find the Save option.

EP

First Post
Sorry, yeah, Road Rash. Was thinking of the Road Rage races in Burnout.

I have a bad feeling you can only save the game after completing the level. To demonstrate just how tricky it is, if you start as the half-elf fighter/mage, you only get one arrow. Sure, you can pick it up repeatedly, but it's just one.

One.

Pray for me.

Last edited:

Felon

First Post
Sorry, yeah, Road Rash. Was thinking of the Road Rage races in Burnout.

I have a bad feeling you can only save the game after completing the level. To demonstrate just how tricky it is, if you start as the half-elf fighter/mage, you only get one arrow. Sure, you can pick it up repeatedly, but it's just one.

One.

Pray for me.
Just play Road Rash. One of the best games ever. Watching those cops take a tumble never gets old, nor does watching a car take out two or three bikers at once (even when one is me). I played it on the Playstation, so I don't think I got the benefit of the beer bottles and whizzing dogs, unless we're talking about the live-action cutsccenes where you lose. Those were great. The ones where you got busted were good too (cop tossing you in the trunk, handcuffing you to the fender and driving off, sicking the police dog on you, etc).

EP

First Post
Just play Road Rash. One of the best games ever. Watching those cops take a tumble never gets old, nor does watching a car take out two or three bikers at once (even when one is me). I played it on the Playstation, so I don't think I got the benefit of the beer bottles and whizzing dogs, unless we're talking about the live-action cutsccenes where you lose. Those were great. The ones where you got busted were good too (cop tossing you in the trunk, handcuffing you to the fender and driving off, sicking the police dog on you, etc).

Yeah, that'll be the same then, but I'm sure the quality was stepped up a bit (not sure when the PS1 actually came out).

Slayer just came in today, so that should more than make up for... Dea... Death... ugh, can't even bring myself to say it.

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer

One.

Pray for me.

Obviously the developers weren't influenced by Tolkein elves... :erm:

EP

First Post
That's 7:47 of my life I can't get back.

I'm still trying to find someone from SSI to bill two hours for.

If there was a way to look down on your character from overhead, you'd think you were drunk just based on the controls.

whitewind

First Post
LOL, I actualy played this dog all the way through and I think you can only save after a level. Now Road Rash it GREAT!! There is this one live action vid for Level 4.... The biker pulls up between two cops having coffee and talking in thier cars, they look confused for a moment and the biker smacks one of the coffee cups up into his face and speeds away... Sorry but it was just good laughs. Oh yeah Death......" you get the idea " the order of the day is stick and move stick and move and look at your map constanly. Slayer is much much better.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads