D&D 4E 4E indications - Has it slowed your purchases alreadY?

Has the threat of 4E slowed your purchases already?

• Yes - I've nearly stopped with my 3.5 purchases completely

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • Yes- I'm cautious on what I purchase now wait n' see

Votes: 20 5.8%
  • Not really - I just buy what I want anyways

Votes: 208 59.9%
  • No - I probably won't bother moving to 4E. Time will tell.

Votes: 101 29.1%

• Poll closed .

el_skootro

First Post
Money and products that don't interest me keep me from buying more than anything.

Also, I don't want 4e to become a self-fulfilling prophesy -- nobody buys anything because of 4e rumors, WOTC doesn't make enough money b/c nobody's buying anything, WOTC releases 4e in order to make more money.

El Skootro

Brakkart

First Post
I continue to buy every Forgotten Realms book that comes out and I pick and choose from the core releases. As I have no intention of moving to a 4th Edition when it is produced, I'll likely carry on buying 3.5 for a time to pick up books that I passed over before (like the psionics books, tome of magic and the races books). I understand why WotC will eventually produce a 4th edition, I just have more than enough 3.0/3.5 books to run campaigns for a couple decades to come. I'd rather spend my money on other things. I will miss Dragon & Dungeon magazines though as doubtless they will switch to cover 4th edition and thus lose my interest in them.

Captain Tagon

First Post
Nah, giving up on d20 in it's current incarnation has slowed down my purchases. I'm actually interested in 4e, depending on how many sacred cows it changes, I might come back to DnD.

Geron Raveneye

Explorer
Option 3 was the closest...just that I probably am not a real good sample person, as my purchases are mostly Basic D&D stuff I get from ebay as well as old 1E hardcovers. Although, I'm hunting for Tombs of Abysthor right now. :lol:

Well, my purchases from WotC stopped around the time they released 3.5, so no, the 4E rumors haven't really affected me. I'm still buying from Necromancer and Goodman, but most of my purchases, lately, have been 1E, OSRIC, or C&C material.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
My vote is:
Not really - I just buy what I want anyways
I haven't been buying many WotC books (except for the Eberron books) for some time... but that's because I already have so many books that I don't need most of the new stuff right now, not because of 4e probably coming out within, like, 1-3 years.

Another reason for my reduced D&D purchases is that I'm currently more interested in other systems than D&D (i.e., M&M 2e, GURPS 4e, Exalted 2e and nWoD).

Last edited:

jeffh

Adventurer
My purchases have barely slowed down. And to whatever extent they have slowed down over the last year or so, the threat of 4.0 isn't the reason.

Aloïsius

First Post
I buy only the stufI need with the money I have.... So, each time I buy a new book, I need one less and I have less € to buy another one. This is why I buy less stuff than before, I guess. :p

Imperialus

Explorer
actually my D&D purchces have gone up recently. I quit smoking recently so I keep the money I used to spend on cigarettes and use it to buy D&D stuff.

Remove ads